R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #826
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomasRC View Post
Would you post which Capricorn Clutch do you refer?...
Some code...
I compare the clutchs and they are practically the same... the only difference is the clutch shoe...so I bought a red one from capricorn to try it...
I ordered directly from capricorn the NT1 2012 version complete clutch with the NT1 Hard coated alluminum clutchbell......got that one only cause xray pinions are stocked at one of the tracks i sometimes race at.......most clutches on the newer cars are really similar in size and style, like my shep V10 clutch appeared to b almost identical to a cap clutch but anyone whos ran one will tell u "theres just something different about a cap clutch" turns your car into a rocket!!

you prob have the same clutch the RRR shiimo came with, I think that clutch is just like NT1 older high dynamic clutch, i could b wrong tho
Old 01-28-2013, 06:29 AM   #827
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
I ordered directly from capricorn the NT1 2012 version complete clutch with the NT1 Hard coated alluminum clutchbell......got that one only cause xray pinions are stocked at one of the tracks i sometimes race at.......most clutches on the newer cars are really similar in size and style, like my shep V10 clutch appeared to b almost identical to a cap clutch but anyone whos ran one will tell u "theres just something different about a cap clutch" turns your car into a rocket!!

you prob have the same clutch the RRR shiimo came with, I think that clutch is just like NT1 older high dynamic clutch, i could b wrong tho
good...thanks for the reply...
Wich clutch should I try on my R4.... I thing that the lab-C01 comlpet clutch would work on my car perfect...

I try the R4 on trainning session... I was 1sec slower than the local drivers... for a first try... I was on 20,4 sec my best... they where 19,4 aprox...but the had trainned a lot... 6 set of tyres a week...so I was really happy with the car and for my first run... I know what I have to improve....xD!!!
On Feb 24th would be the first nitro national stage for World Championship 2014 entries....I will let you know how was going...xD
TomasRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:03 AM   #828
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Wich clutch should I try on my R4.... I thing that the lab-C01 comlpet clutch would work on my car perfect...

I try the R4 on trainning session... I was 1sec slower than the local drivers... for a first try... I was on 20,4 sec my best... they where 19,4 aprox...but the had trainned a lot... 6 set of tyres a week...so I was really happy with the car and for my first run... I know what I have to improve....xD!!!
On Feb 24th would be the first nitro national stage for World Championship 2014 entries....I will let you know how was going...xD
Nice Tomas !can you post your set up? What type of track did you practice?
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #829
Tech Master

Because the stock bumper was weak I put the rrr bumper and 3racing upper plate.
upload photos

[img=http://s8.postimage.org/42hm9x7xx/IMG_20130128_202415.jpg]
photo sharing

Last edited by GREGORY!; 01-28-2013 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #830
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY! View Post
Because the stock bumper was weak I put the rrr bumper and 3racing upper plate.
Nice
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #831
Tech Master

Some more from my car.[IMG]
picture sharing[/IMG]

Last edited by GREGORY!; 01-28-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #832
Tech Master

[IMG]
photo uploader[/IMG]
Old 01-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #833
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver

Quote:

Capricorn gets really confusing when it comes to ordering clutches, and what works with what, there's different size shoes different bells! Certain shoes recommended for specific bells, its really bad on there site! the co1 clutch will work, but I'm sure you will need the cap clutchbell made for nt1 or kyosho......i believe the pitch on cap spurs/pinion is different from others. Good luck
Old 01-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #834
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
Capricorn gets really confusing when it comes to ordering clutches, and what works with what, there's different size shoes different bells! Certain shoes recommended for specific bells, its really bad on there site! the co1 clutch will work, but I'm sure you will need the cap clutchbell made for nt1 or kyosho......i believe the pitch on cap spurs/pinion is different from others. Good luck
They have a compatibility chart for their clutches: http://capricornrc.com/Compatibiity.pdf

Here you can see the Capricorn, Kyosho and Shepherd pinions all interchange.

It can be difficult sometimes but if you've got any questions just send me a pm or start a thread.

I would recommend getting the WC 2012 clutch, this will work with the Kyosho pinions: http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn...d_product=1768

Regarding the aluminium bells, with the coated version you want to use the yellow shoe and with the uncoated one the black shoe.
For the steel bell the dark red shoe gives best performance.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #835
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS Motorsport View Post
They have a compatibility chart for their clutches: http://capricornrc.com/Compatibiity.pdf

Here you can see the Capricorn, Kyosho and Shepherd pinions all interchange.

It can be difficult sometimes but if you've got any questions just send me a pm or start a thread.

I would recommend getting the WC 2012 clutch, this will work with the Kyosho pinions: http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn...d_product=1768

Regarding the aluminium bells, with the coated version you want to use the yellow shoe and with the uncoated one the black shoe.
For the steel bell the dark red shoe gives best performance.
Can I use the hard aluminium bell for the cap in my r4?the shoe too?
Old 01-28-2013, 05:54 PM   #836
Tech Master

Don't know, I don't know the dimensions of the R4 clutch.
But I wouldn't recommend it anyway, for best performance you will need the entire capricorn clutch since all parts are carefully matched to each other.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:31 AM   #837
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Can I use the hard aluminium bell for the cap in my r4?the shoe too?
Greg...I try the cap clutch from C-01 on the R4...the main differences are...
Cap Flywheel a little smaller... I dont measure it but R4 must be 33mm and Cap 31mm, the inner pins on the cap flywheel are thinner than those on the R4 flywheel...The clutch shoe and weights have the same shape, but the holes are smaller... just drill it a little and will be perfect...
The spring on cap is 1.9mm vs R4 of 1.7mm... the retainer of the clutch shoe is lighter the one from R4... the clutch bell is diferente...but compatible... the cap one uses 3 bearing (1 big and 2 smalls) vs 2 bearing from the R4...but the pinion hard coated from R4 enclosed perfectly...
I just bought the red shoe from Capricorn I will try it...and if I feel the same that I feel with the LAB-C02 of my friend in terms of respond...aceleration... splieage and temp... I will let you know what I consider better... but today...CAP clutch is better... if is not the best...

I will post some pics later...

My setup... I just trying some things on the car...playing with the roll center...camber change...springs...clutch...gear box..body and tires size... the tires wear a lot... 1.5mm @ 5 min... but I have a lot, tons of grip... a little bit unstable...but I will improve...

I will let you know Greg...
DS Motorsport and 1evo RRR Driver... thanks for the links and info from Cap Clutches... very usefull...the hardcoated Clutch bell looks graet!!!...Latetly I should try it...
Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 AM   #838
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
[IMG]
photo uploader[/IMG]
You use those links to add Stiffness to the rear and the cabon shock tower in front to the same?...

Whats the feeling on the car??...I think it would be more "planted"...
Old 01-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #839
Tech Master

Yes, you are right. I put them for stiffer car in suspension geometry. I was not a good idea to pay a lot of money in aluminium options.plus you can take them off in 5 minutes .now for the feel. In your hands the movements of the rear section have limited a lot. .in track I can't tell you because I did not pull them out to compare at the same conditions. .
Old 01-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #840
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Yes, you are right. I put them for stiffer car in suspension geometry. I was not a good idea to pay a lot of money in aluminium options.plus you can take them off in 5 minutes .now for the feel. In your hands the movements of the rear section have limited a lot. .in track I can't tell you because I did not pull them out to compare at the same conditions. .
Mmm...The flex of the chasis is incredible...maybe a little too much on high grip conditions...but in lower grip + technical tracks the car is amaizing!!!...

I have some carbon fiber to do some parts... so I will try with some "stiffers" made from carbon fiber specially in the front...I have a lot of turn!!!...and the bumpy conditions don't alow me to modify the shock to heavier ones...