Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Kyosho v-one r4!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 05:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by performula
Are the RRR/R4 totally different or is this still an evolution of the RRR? Just curious
Its completely different...
Just a few parts compatible...like the belts, clutch 3D Shimo Edition RRR, Shocks form Shimo Edition...
The resto of the car is a complete new car... lowest CG (lower than CAP and Xray), Smaller and light diffs (lower than xray steel ones, buy not lower than CAP ones)
More Flex on chasis and upper deck...
Uff etc etc...a lot of improvements
Old 05-06-2013, 03:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

What's the best way to setup ride height? Eric at Norcal was explaining it to me but I didn't quiet understand.

He was telling me to setup ride height by tire diameter. Rear 62.5mm and front 60mm (something like that) then set the rear height to 6.5mm rear and front to 4.5-5mm. I think that's what he was saying.

Can anyone explain this to me?
Old 05-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kingtito
What's the best way to setup ride height? Eric at Norcal was explaining it to me but I didn't quiet understand.

He was telling me to setup ride height by tire diameter. Rear 62.5mm and front 60mm (something like that) then set the rear height to 6.5mm rear and front to 4.5-5mm. I think that's what he was saying.

Can anyone explain this to me?
Your friend is correct... you have to setup ride height by tire diameter...the only restriction is BOTTOMING...

Let me explain...you have to calculate in some way the tyre wear...by qualies, semis and finals...
To avoid bottoming I take rims without foam and set the ride height in this way:
-Bumpy or slippeary tracks 1,5mm-2mm to 2,5mm-3mm
-Smoth tracks 1mm-1,5mm to 1,5mm-2mm depending if your suspension setup is hard try with 1mm-1,5mm

Consider for this example:
rim diameter=54mm

So...if you start in long race (45 min+) and you set big tyres on 61/63 your ride height would be 3mm (ride setup) + 3mm(foam) = 6mm front for bumpy track and 7,5mm for rear.

So there you are... the rest... you have to start playing with your setup...
Old 05-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Adept

Thank you for the explanation. Eric didn't have time Sunday and I haven't had a chance to talk to him about it. Now I understand how to setup my ride height and at least 1 thing will be right for the next race.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:05 AM
Tech Regular

What is the size of the stock rear sway bar?
Old 05-11-2013, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Does anyone still run Kyosho red box tires? I have 34 sets for sale, going cheap! Pm me for details.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:35 AM
Tech Rookie

hello
Someone had problems with deposits.
The fact is that I have spent 5 fill and end all catch air intake.
And disarming the cap I noticed a detail, have if in a bit put pictures.
regards
Old 06-10-2013, 05:09 AM
Tech Rookie

At the end I can not post pictures sorry.
Well what if you understand me explain having.
At the top of the tank and you take away the rubber cap has 2 screws,
You will note that I left the hole into which the gas, as the two tanks that I have are different.
In the bottom part but not in the center but on one side there is a kind of channel that goes to the middle because one of them is open, and the other two are open.
If you need the shipping, have if you can help I'm going crazy with this.
regards
Old 07-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

@Jeff B

What's a good starting point for droop setting for Norcal?
Old 08-01-2013, 06:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Kyosho r4 nt1 radio box fitment

I just finished building a kyosho r4. Thought i would share my thoughts. It was The og ltd edition kit with the option parts but the dealer had put some updated front and rear diff cases. I have built many kits and i have to say kyosho have been foolish to themselves in regard to a few small things spoiling what could have been a great kit such as having to file/sand some plastic bits to fit. No throttle servo horn is Included, The builder is left to bend and cut the linkage (kyosho could have a little jig in the factory) also the radio plate that holds the receiver is made of cheese and i am another one who has snapped it even though i was aware it was weak from reading this forum. Also the spur gears are so close they actually foul and the one way drum has a lot of play although i have not tested if they foul at speed. Small things but on a kit of this money you expect more . I never liked the thought of an exposed receiver anyway so i fitted an nt1 radio box. I thought i would share this as it was easy to do and fits nice, just reverse the box wide side out and dremmel the 2 corners off the box top and thats it.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho v-one r4!!!!-image.jpg  
Old 08-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xraymark
I just finished building a kyosho r4. Thought i would share my thoughts. It was The og ltd edition kit with the option parts but the dealer had put some updated front and rear diff cases. I have built many kits and i have to say kyosho have been foolish to themselves in regard to a few small things spoiling what could have been a great kit such as having to file/sand some plastic bits to fit. No throttle servo horn is Included, The builder is left to bend and cut the linkage (kyosho could have a little jig in the factory) also the radio plate that holds the receiver is made of cheese and i am another one who has snapped it even though i was aware it was weak from reading this forum. Also the spur gears are so close they actually foul and the one way drum has a lot of play although i have not tested if they foul at speed. Small things but on a kit of this money you expect more . I never liked the thought of an exposed receiver anyway so i fitted an nt1 radio box. I thought i would share this as it was easy to do and fits nice, just reverse the box wide side out and dremmel the 2 corners off the box top and thats it.
Not trying to b a di#k, but Bro i hopeu got that for a couple hundred dollars! Rc cars are already over priced! But That one is at the top of the list!! Smh man u could have made 5 better choices lol everyone i kno had that car, went backwards with lap times! wtf! N it breaks from staring at it to long lmao! Sorry Bro goodluck, nice receiver box tho!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:55 PM
Tech Adept

I haven't had many problems with it and I wreck all the time. I got the SP edition and didn't have to alter or sand anything down to get things to work as they're supposed to work.

The car is every bit as good as the other cars, although a bit on the pricey side, still a good car nonetheless. My laps times have increased dramatically as soon as I started driving this car.

No disrespect to 1Evo RRR but I think it's just as good as any other car on the market.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Not trying to b a di#k, but Bro i hopeu got that for a couple hundred dollars! Rc cars are already over priced! But That one is at the top of the list!! Smh man u could have made 5 better choices lol everyone i kno had that car, went backwards with lap times! wtf! N it breaks from staring at it to long lmao! Sorry Bro goodluck, nice receiver box tho!
When someones says "I don't want to sound like..." it WILL sound like a...So stop making this car look bad,you don't like it there's more threads out there lacking your input.Thank you.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
When someones says "I don't want to sound like..." it WILL sound like a...So stop making this car look bad,you don't like it there's more threads out there lacking your input.Thank you.
Ok ok I'm sorry I don't wanna get banned again........(keep this in mind). I'm not bashing kyosho, I love kyosho products, ran the RRR for YEARS, I'm speaking from experience, I watched 2 very good racers/track owner have so many issues n inconsistancies he sold it, the other is still with it, but is now on a level with guys that he was destroying with his RRR, now he's battling them for position with R4! Smh (went backwards) you all who run this will understand what I mean , when u finally RUN SOMETHING ELSE! Smh
Old 08-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Ok ok I'm sorry I don't wanna get banned again........(keep this in mind). I'm not bashing kyosho, I love kyosho products, ran the RRR for YEARS, I'm speaking from experience, I watched 2 very good racers/track owner have so many issues n inconsistancies he sold it, the other is still with it, but is now on a level with guys that he was destroying with his RRR, now he's battling them for position with R4! Smh (went backwards) you all who run this will understand what I mean , when u finally RUN SOMETHING ELSE! Smh
That isn't proof it's a bad car, just different from the RRR is all. The car has proven it can win in capable hands.

I see no point in bashing the car constantly as you've done throughout this entire thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.