R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #811
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff B View Post
Chet, I have been running the R4sp for three races
Now. It is a very good car and it is very competitive.
I race more in LA now, and I will be racing at the Nationals. If you need the right answers about the car I will let you know.
+1

Jeff are you not a factory Kyosho driver? I hope to meet you some day and talk Kyosho on-road with you.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #812
Tech Master

Have you guys try the stock r4 chassis and sp chassis back to back? I think that they have stiffen the front area and soften the rear .
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #813
Tech Apprentice

The SP chassis is stiff all around. The stock chassis is softer , I have tried them both and the stock chassis is more accurate then the stiff one.

Last edited by jeff B; 01-07-2013 at 08:39 PM.
jeff B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:07 PM   #814
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver

Quote:
Chet, I have been running the R4sp for three races
Now. It is a very good car and it is very competitive.
I race more in LA now, and I will be racing at the Nationals. If you need the right answers about the car I will let you know.
Blackburn no need for answers! Cause i had no questions......just venting earlier my experience and what i think about the r4 and what I've seen at norcal and swr.......raced numerous times with Dennet, you, n vasutin.....didn't see laptimes drop, and car is more fragile than RRR , i haven't seen u in so long, i thought the R4 drove u out the hobby lol!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #815
Tech Master

Quote:
The sp chassis is stiff all around. The stock chassis is softer , I have tryed them both and he stock chassis is more accurate then the stiff one.
Jeff? Do you believe that the rear nt 1 style camber bracket unit is a must? I use the aluminium anti roll bar base and the car is a bit soft at this area and not so geometry stiff. I think you can understand what I mean..
Old 01-07-2013, 06:49 PM   #816
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default I have one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver View Post
Blackburn no need for answers! Cause i had no questions......just venting earlier my experience and what i think about the r4 and what I've seen at norcal and swr.......raced numerous times with Dennet, you, n vasutin.....didn't see laptimes drop, and car is more fragile than RRR , i haven't seen u in so long, i thought the R4 drove u out the hobby lol!
Chet,

This is Ed (Special Ed)

I will hit you up with questions. I plan on racing nitro on road for the first time this coming summer. I just picked up a Shimo RRR. Only about 350, so I dont feel as bad as if I spent 600 bucks to come in last!
Old 01-07-2013, 07:05 PM   #817
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to 1evo RRR Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucket2772 View Post
Chet,

This is Ed (Special Ed)

I will hit you up with questions. I plan on racing nitro on road for the first time this coming summer. I just picked up a Shimo RRR. Only about 350, so I dont feel as bad as if I spent 600 bucks to come in last!
Anytime Ed, great car you got there...take your time with the build, attention to detail will pay off later on the track....also hit up goose, he's still putting down blazing times with his RRR........once we get Ur setup dialed in, you'll b ready for that capricorn clutch! Lethal combination
Glad to see nitro onroad slowly making a comeback........i traded my RRR to Austin lee, he to said he will run this spring!
Old 01-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #818
Tech Apprentice

Gregory, yes I use the new SP rear camber bulk head, as I use the new steel front and rear gears in the diffs and the aluminum front upper bulk halves without the aluminum cross bar.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #819
Tech Master

Quote:
Gregory, yes I use the new SP rear camber bulk head, as I use the new steel front and rear gears in the diffs and the aluminum front upper bulk halves without the aluminum cross bar.
there is a reason why not the bar in front?i have the front alum shock tower and i was thinking to use only the bar if i want a more accurate front end.
what did you noticed with the vzw425?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:16 AM   #820
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
...once we get Ur setup dialed in, you'll b ready for that capricorn clutch! Lethal combination
Hey, Capricorn Clutch... wich one do you mean?...
The local dealer from capricorn I my country let me his car, so I revised and compared to the R4... mainly the transmision...
The desing is very...very similar...
-The 2nd speed housing has the same shape, always weight the same compared to the light version (cap housing 6.4grs vs R4 light 6.2grs)
-The 1st housing...different shape, but compatible (cap housing 6.3grs vs R4 1st light 6.5grs)
-The main axle who retains the transmision are the same material, capricorn one is a little bit shorter because use pin-pulley system... 22.1grs capricorn vs 24grs R4...
-All the pulleys weight 1/3 less than the R4 ones...
-The diffs are crazy light..capriconr composite (both) 54grs aprox vs R4 with steel gears arround 72grs
-The Spur gears are another "big" difference...capricorn 4grs each, R4 7grs each aprox.
-R4 has the engine nearer to the center line of the chasis, and the chasis is a narrower than Capricorn and Xray...
-The 2speed Clutch is the same... same shoes size... the diference are the springs, the are not stiffer, they have practically the same, but capricorn ones have less "turns", so it can be more compressed than the R4 one... so the "shifting" would be more consistence when you use a 2speed setting near to the cfully compressed position of the spring...
The screws has a smaller head (smiliar to the dremmel version of us...xD)... the retainer sistem is different, because use a screw besides of a pin. The weight is practically the same..11.1grs (R4) vs 10.5grs (Capricorn)
-The "dogbones-CVDs" are another big difference.... the steel ones from Kyosho weight 6grs and are 61mm long... and the capricorn light ones are from 57mm and 3grs...NOT COMPATIBLE.
-The Shimo "sirio Power Clutch" is very very similar... the pins from the flywheel are a little bigger in R4 vs capricon... stronger.. but weights the same... but not the same size 31mm aprox (capricorn) vs 33 mm from R4
Clutch weights, Clutch shoe, are the same... R4 grey one, Capricorn Red one... (I prefer Capricorn, less slippeage), the spring is 1.9 from capricorn, 1.7 from R4... the spring retainer is from steel on Capricorn... from alu in R4... the Clutch retainer is heavier on Capricorn and different shape form R4 one...that is lighter...
Clutch bell: Uses 3 bearing besides 2 from R4...but the same size, you can feet the R4 pinion....

That was my review...besides of capricorn has light parts..I have been reading capricorn forum... the CVD light get twisted from a little crushes...so I prefer R4 ones...Spur gear form R4 are so stronge...never streap one...
Pulleys form R4 too... are wider than capricorn ones... I have a lot of brake in may car.. I look kevlar capricorn pulleys... what a mess...to races more...and the would be destroyed ajjaaja...
I will choose Capricorn red shoe and 2speed springs...
TomasRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #821
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys... here some pics of my R4...
Just taking shape to take the first place again...xD

Old 01-18-2013, 01:48 AM   #822
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomasRC View Post

Nice body...
Old 01-18-2013, 02:23 AM   #823
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomasRC View Post

Tomas?how much is your car weight?
Old 01-21-2013, 06:14 AM   #824
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREGORY! View Post
Tomas?how much is your car weight?
Greg... the car is 1.685grs rtr without fuel and tyres on 58/59mm
Lightweight parts have not arrieved yet...
The car has, standar high torque digital titanium gears servos, life 1100mah, titanium screw on upper deck and parts, except the chasis...steel diff gears...

I will inform when the lightweight parts come...xD
Old 01-25-2013, 06:10 AM   #825
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
......once we get Ur setup dialed in, you'll b ready for that capricorn clutch! Lethal combination
Would you post which Capricorn Clutch do you refer?...
Some code...
I compare the clutchs and they are practically the same... the only difference is the clutch shoe...so I bought a red one from capricorn to try it...