Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Kyosho v-one r4!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 06:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
I could be wrong, but rightnow I don't think anybody who switched from RRR to R4 is actually going any faster.......atleast the few I've seen at our track!!
I guess it"s a matter of set up....there are much more things to try out than the RRR.....too many new parts as well
Old 10-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nickiphorosn
I guess it"s a matter of set up....there are much more things to try out than the RRR.....too many new parts as well
If someone can't improve from the RRR there's something wrong,this car is very different from the RRR and is setup other way.Kyosho doesn't have a strong Team outside Japan so we've to rely on the few that spread all the info they got.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
If someone can't improve from the RRR there's something wrong,this car is very different from the RRR and is setup other way.Kyosho doesn't have a strong Team outside Japan so we've to rely on the few that spread all the info they got.
RRR was a very good and fast car. Every one who has that car before raplace it with R4 expects something more. Also R4 does not have good projection. Who was R4 designer???????
Old 10-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by peteR4
RRR was a very good and fast car. Every one who has that car before raplace it with R4 expects something more. Also R4 does not have good projection. Who was R4 designer???????
What do you mean by projection? I'm very disappinted because i still have my RRR as well as a 2007 Evolva. As it stands now it doesn't appear that Kyosho is really interested in supporting on-road in the States. I want to move past the RRR to the R4 but with the head designer for (1/8th) gone and almost zero parts support even overseas, it looks like I may have to switch brands after 8 years of their on-road nitro products. From a parts availability and performance standpoint, I may have to go Xray or God forbid Mugen
Old 10-29-2011, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Does anybody know if kyosho makes a red clutch shoe for the new clutch that comes with the R4 ? Thanks in advance.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

After 25 years of supporting kyosho products and racing the rrr I couldn't wait for the r4 to come out so I bought one straight away and built it,have been to six race meets now and have not made it through the qualifiers in all of them and ended up racing the rrr,so now for the last two months the r4 sits stripped down on my bench and there it will stay until one day kyosho gets their act together and fixes all the issues witch you all know, I still don't see why I payed so much for the car and now have to go out and buy all the upgrades to fix the problems wich are kyosho's fault.so the best setup/performance gain for this car is to not use it and buy something else for the meentime.I give up.have bought a X-ray nt1...
Cheers.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Sorry to say this but changing to a NT1 is a side step rather than a step forward,that platform has reached a plateau.I would even consider the KM HK-1 as a substitute before the NT1.

Roger,the one I know is FM434 http://new.the-border.com/product.ph...cat=386&page=1
Old 10-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thank you 30Tooth. The newer kyosho clutch has 3 mounting holes instead of 4. This looks like the kyosho 2D clutch system.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation

I mean that kyosho didn't do something to make R4 famous. If he sponsored some more good drivers now R4 maybe had a very good presence (until then Only shimo can take some good results). Thats very disapointing. WE buy upgrade parts who costs like one more kit and we still can't make car faster. Other brands have 1.000 different setup from many drivers in their sites and anyone can try one of this setup. We have only one setup from shimo in Boss speed track. Hobby is not only mini-z and buggy.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Sorry to say this but changing to a NT1 is a side step rather than a step forward,that platform has reached a plateau.I would even consider the KM HK-1 as a substitute before the NT1.

Roger,the one I know is FM434 http://new.the-border.com/product.ph...cat=386&page=1
no way no how is R4 to NT1 a side step............as of now performance wise, durability.....there not even close!! maybe R4 to G4!! LMAO!!
Old 10-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
no way no how is R4 to NT1 a side step............as of now performance wise, durability.....there not even close!! maybe R4 to G4!! LMAO!!
So you believe the nt1 is a better car than the r4?
Old 10-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You mean G4 or NTC3 ???
Old 10-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
You mean G4 or NTC3 ???
Lol!! I wouldn't outright say the NT1 is better, But wht I can say is you will never see the true potential of the R4 because kyosho doesn't care enough to improve on shit tht they know sucks!!!! I.e we all knew n asked for a lighter smaller drive train in the RRR, how damn hard could it b to make smaller diffs for the RRR, something tht everyone who owns the car will purchase!!!! Thts why most are going to xray n Capricorn because the companies are always improving on there shit! That's why xray is better than kyosho!!!!! And prob always will b!!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

All I'm saying is, u may be right about the Nt1 reaching a plateau. (maybe). But atleast they put forth the effort to do so......the RRR never even got close to it's plateau.....don't mind me tho Just another opinion!!
Old 10-30-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roger
Thank you 30Tooth. The newer kyosho clutch has 3 mounting holes instead of 4. This looks like the kyosho 2D clutch system.
Sorry just went by the RRR/R4 parts.

1evo RRR Driver in no way I'm picking on you just want to say some of the less good things on the Xray.
The NT1 has been practicaly the same since it came out in 2007,since then the low rotational mass is now standard across all cars on market,slim chassis plates,low upper decks,small clutches,and so on...The NT1 is actually the only one that needs the removal of the middle shaft for front belt changes,even the G4 didn't need that.
A couple months ago I tought about buying a NT1,but after seeing how they run compared with the RRR and how much parts costs the conclusion was simple,I'm staying with my RRR.If you can live with the NT1,I'll have no hard feelings and good luck to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.