Capricorn LAB-C01

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Kamikaze, will you have the Capricorn parts listed on the commerce site?
I am looking to get some parts, hard to get them here...
Old 02-02-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rawz
Kamikaze does have parts in stock. You can call or email Sam the parts you need.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rawz
Dan was correct, I do have parts for the Capricorn, just email me what you need, I just couldn't get the proper pictures to update the website just yet, that is why I did this:http://kamikazercracing.com/proddetail.php?prod=CALL
Old 02-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by omegaf
Cool!

Aren't sway bars standard for front and rear? What's so special about them in the limited edition?

Oh and in the battery holder what size battery can I fit? are there special packs or will my NiMH 6 cell fit?
You can fit either a NiMh 6v battery pack or a Life 6,6v pack (that is lighter than the NiMh one).
The NiMh pack is easier to care: if you buy the LiFe one (can find it on the Cap site) you will also need a battery charger able to manage that type of battery. You will not need a regulator.

The third choice is a LiPo pack. But you have to own a LiPo charger and also put a regulator on the car, which means more wires on your Lab (I don't think it's a good thing)
Old 02-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NikoRacing
You can fit either a NiMh 6v battery pack or a Life 6,6v pack (that is lighter than the NiMh one).
The NiMh pack is easier to care: if you buy the LiFe one (can find it on the Cap site) you will also need a battery charger able to manage that type of battery. You will not need a regulator.

The third choice is a LiPo pack. But you have to own a LiPo charger and also put a regulator on the car, which means more wires on your Lab (I don't think it's a good thing)
LiPo scares me and I know very little about LiFe. I know LiPo is very high maintenance in terms of charging, discharging and storing. NiMH is so simple to use. I just charge it until it is full and then I run it until it is dead. At least I am sure it won't explode in the process.
Is LiFe more forgiving the LiPo or will I need to worry about minimum volts, charging times and storage?
Old 02-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Adept

LiPo scares me and I know very little about LiFe. I know LiPo is very high maintenance in terms of charging, discharging and storing. NiMH is so simple to use. I just charge it until it is full and then I run it until it is dead. At least I am sure it won't explode in the process.
Is LiFe more forgiving the LiPo or will I need to worry about minimum volts, charging times and storage?
I use a 6.6v life. You dont have to worry about voltage regulators. You get run time like a lipo and the life span is almost as good. They are safer to charge as they have no risk of exploding if over charged/discharged. They also dont mind being run flat (unlike a lipo), however this is not good practise anyway. You will need a life charger though. Some people charge with a lipo charger, I don't.
Old 02-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JIM1
I use a 6.6v life. You dont have to worry about voltage regulators. You get run time like a lipo and the life span is almost as good. They are safer to charge as they have no risk of exploding if over charged/discharged. They also dont mind being run flat (unlike a lipo), however this is not good practise anyway. You will need a life charger though. Some people charge with a lipo charger, I don't.

cool. thanks for the info. i will definitely look into it

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=36856

will this one fit or is it too big?
Old 02-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

cool. thanks for the info. i will definitely look into it

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=36856

will this one fit or is it too big?
I would go for this one -

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/car...h-6-6v__1209e/

This is what I use and it fits in my Serpent with ease.

I know that higher voltage recievers are available now so using a lipo without a regulator is possible. You would also be able to take advantage of the high voltage servo's that are starting to appear. I don't know anyone who is using them yet though. I am very 'pro' Futaba for radio's and I'm sure they don't make a high voltage reciever yet, so a 6.6v life for me is a better option than using lipo.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JIM1
I would go for this one -

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/car...h-6-6v__1209e/

This is what I use and it fits in my Serpent with ease.

I know that higher voltage recievers are available now so using a lipo without a regulator is possible. You would also be able to take advantage of the high voltage servo's that are starting to appear. I don't know anyone who is using them yet though. I am very 'pro' Futaba for radio's and I'm sure they don't make a high voltage reciever yet, so a 6.6v life for me is a better option than using lipo.
Here is another 1450mAh alternative: http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=18240 . LiFe batteries are coming down in price.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Adept

i have bought a pair of savox low profile servos for the C01. They are rated at 6v. Will 6.6v be ok with them?
I am more concerned about the dimensions of the battery pack. So even a 6 cell NiMH will fit in the battery slot of the car? I already got a couple that I use with my TT01. I might as well stick with those for a while.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

i have bought a pair of savox low profile servos for the C01. They are rated at 6v. Will 6.6v be ok with them?
I am more concerned about the dimensions of the battery pack. So even a 6 cell NiMH will fit in the battery slot of the car? I already got a couple that I use with my TT01. I might as well stick with those for a while.
Your servo's will be fine. The pack I mentioned above is very slim and will do an hour main easily. I'm swapping out my current servo's for Savox in next month or two, awesome servo's!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

ah, i noticed a difference. those packs have a 3 pin plug that goes straight to the receiver. the battery packs i got, have a tamiya plug so they won't do without an adapter.
hmmm, it seems i will have to buy a new pack then.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Just use a NiMah 1700 reciever pack and you'll be fine the car is already under weight no need to lighten it any more. Also a NiMah doesn't require a new charger. Also are u confusing a reciever pack for a stick pack used in electic cars?? As I don't see a rx pack having those big Tamiya plugs???
Old 02-02-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

ah, i noticed a difference. those packs have a 3 pin plug that goes straight to the receiver. the battery packs i got, have a tamiya plug so they won't do without an adapter.
The white connector is a balance tab for use when charging.

I cut the black connector off from my LiFe and hardwired it directly to a Futaba switch. Makes it tidy and also easy to charge as the charge tab from the switch can be made accessible by fastening to top or side of radio plate.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You can get crimp-on receiver connectors to replace the Tamiya plug, but it works just as well to use the plugs of a discarded battery or servo, and solder it onto the battery wires. The latter method is not quite as neat only.

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.