Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 5italkart
i agree the top guys are great too watch but the average racer keeps things going. anymore videoes from france ?
Soon, first WE of september, the last round of the french championship in Clermont Ferrand, the host of the 1999 world championship!!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aarcobra
II-While it is true that a few bigger races have higher racer turnouts than we did in the early days (80 would probably have been a big MWS race-if I remember correctlly). I believe there were many more clubs running 10 to 20 guys all around the country. Detroit, Cleveland, Akron, Dayton, Indy, Columbus, Chicago, are just the ones in our area that had viable clubs. Ask anyone involved in any sport and they will likely tell you the participation at the local level is the backbone of it, from Soccer to Nascar.

"one local club that has a permanent track draws the serious racers" You are probably correct, but again, the "serious" racers are and have always been in the minority, maybe not "Serious Racer Wannabes" but guys that have half a chance at winning even at the club level. How many different winners in the Club? The MWS? What if everbody that has not won in two years quit? How "Serious" are they if they never win????????????????? I think they may be less serious and more interested in having fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I say Serious racer I mean people like yourself that are going to show up no matter what. The guys who come to all the races and attend the meetings. The less serious guy only shows up when the planets are all lined up and they have a hall pass. I think that you took "serious racer" as competive racers.

"which in turn makes everyone try harder and get faster." ANy chance some quit because they cannot compete at the top level and/or go over to another hobby? Also you told me you were worried about the future of the club and 1/8 scale rc racing because you were one of the youngest drivers involved!

I don't think the cars of today are whats keeping the youth away. I blame the video games. Hitting reset is much easier than rebuilding your car because you made a mistake.

So you are saying it's better to have more sophisticated cars that racers can't build is better? I think Joe, Matt, me, and probably Rick would agree that one part if the hobby we enjoy is making something different. That's at least part of the interest in the Pan Class.

I did not say it was better. I was just stating why all the little guys got pushed out. With that said though, if given the choice of racing a pan car or a 4wd open car I want to race the biggest class with the most competition

These may be the Golden Days of RC but I fear some of the classes may have peaked in interest and participation and be heading for extinction. I think most indications are that 1/8th Scale is a class of really fast serious racers, die hards, wannabes, and old farts

One class (4wd) has remained the same for many years now. all the other classes have come and gone. I could see pan cars replacing IGT even on a national level.

(I agree with your Dad, you have a great recollection of what racing was like! Only thing is - we didn't know any better! We wanted to play with RC Cars and that was what had to be done! And it was FUN!! )

Have fun this weekend, good racing!

P.S. Boat test schedule for this weekend...the Bass better watch out (can you catch 'em this time of year?)
Late fall is the best time of the year to catch em. They will be feeding like crazy getting ready for the winter. Our 100 fish days always happen in the fall.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
Late fall is the best time of the year to catch em. They will be feeding like crazy getting ready for the winter. Our 100 fish days always happen in the fall.
new cars very different from the team burling cars, good quality parts made my toledo tube brace from aluminum. only complaint is having too print the inst. myself what if a person had no comp. good luck this weekend too everyone
Old 08-23-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

JOE and Joe, If your cars are way different then mine, you must be cheating! That'd be just like Garen, send me old stuff!!
LET'S RACE!!
Old 08-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Joe R, your bell and pinion are on the way along with a slightly used 44T spur. Order another from here: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-44T-Spur-Gear

Will call you Friday.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
JOE and Joe, If your cars are way different then mine, you must be cheating! That'd be just like Garen, send me old stuff!!
LET'S RACE!!
all going ok till the @#$reciver batt. won't fit
Old 08-23-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Unless you are going the lipo route, the Motonica battery fits and Durattrax makes a battery that fits. I'll find the link to the Duratrax battery in a bit.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Joe, Do you have a Dremel? I thought I told you about the battery pack. Wonder what else I didn't tell you?
Old 08-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXMUG9&P=7 or this
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...y-Pack-1100mAh
The Motonica battery is actually 1600mah
Old 08-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Tech Regular

Default More talk!

This last Sunday there was talk about the pan car running in the MIDWEST SERIES. I know Andy Powers and Mike Cooper have seen the pans with the GTs, I don't know what their thoughts were. It'd be nice to lay a number of racers they might gain if the Series ran a similar program.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by garen
i went too my local shop got another pack like in my serpent and shaping it too fit. need a break from always internet shopping. i would try and do all midwest with the pan car.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by garen
tried my best but i don't think my home made bettery is good. i went with the montonica pack. can't stand half ass stuff in my cars. i can hear lon now " what about the driver!"
Old 08-24-2011, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Battery

Originally Posted by 5italkart
tried my best but i don't think my home made bettery is good. i went with the montonica pack. can't stand half ass stuff in my cars. i can hear lon now " what about the driver!"
Joe,
Now I know why my car is so slow-half assed battery AND driver
Old 08-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aarcobra
Joe,
Now I know why my car is so slow-half assed battery AND driver
turns out my pack hits the steering arm, new ones on the way. maybe if we run together we can add up too a whole assed car
Old 08-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Master

Ned, you going to make the last club race???.............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.