Dont worry to much.
There is no competition for the "longest and/or best idle"
There is.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another tuning question for Master D

Originally posted by InitialD
There is.

I was a little confused though, as I thought the idle gap should be 1mm but as I'm just a little bit rich on th HSN (running now at 100C) and the LSN seems also rich (pinch method show me this), then my end gap will end up being about 0.5mm.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Another tuning question for Master D

Originally posted by markp27
are you guys certain that your gaps are 1mm? I measured mine and its about 0.7mm.
The 1 mm is just to get you started up and running. Of course, you need to fine tune it on the track.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another tuning question for Master D

I was a little confused though, as I thought the idle gap should be 1mm but as I'm just a little bit rich on th HSN (running now at 100C) and the LSN seems also rich (pinch method show me this), then my end gap will end up being about 0.5mm.
When your LSN is set rich (more fuel), then you need your idle gap to be bigger instead of smaller to balance up AFR (air fuel ratio).
Old 06-07-2004, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Another tuning question for Master D

The 1 mm is just to get you started up and running. Of course, you need to fine tune it on the track.
Ah, ok, I misunderstood that 1mm was the gap that should be achieved Ok, then the tuning is going fine

Thanks, Mark.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:40 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Novarossi NSR12S3 or NS12S3

Originally posted by GoldFinger
If Novarossi makes casted piston and additional porting for RR, they will challenging the JP, Mega, RB market.
With their current decision to porting the newer NSR, they shut the MAX door already.
In this case, what would you call them now? Can you still categorize the new NSR/RR as stock or non-modified engines according to its piston liner porting design? I don't think so... And if you called them semi modified then it is absolutely illegal for our Nats series...

Confusing huh, my dear Arifin?!?
Old 06-07-2004, 11:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another tuning question for Master D

Ah, ok, I misunderstood that 1mm was the gap that should be achieved Ok, then the tuning is going fine
Cool. Once tuned, please make a recording of the engine sound for us the unfortunate will ya? HP ringtone would be good.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Novarossi NSR12S3 or NS12S3

Originally posted by daniz24
Rather than urguing of what we both sell... why dont you please get me that special JP engine or will you take my lame reason to stay behind your line?
Old 06-07-2004, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another tuning question for Master D

Cool. Once tuned, please make a recording of the engine sound for us the unfortunate will ya? HP ringtone would be good.
Certainly will but it may take a while as I travel to the alps tomorrow oh man, why didn't I take two weeks holiday and spend them at the track
Old 06-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Tech Prophet

You're steaming the thread ! Take your "relationship" somewhere else !

Well, I think if you look carefully at the new NSR sleeve ports, they look like they were already molded and machined to have those grooves. They are definitely not hand ported out of the ordinary. If that would happen, they would require many people equipped with the dremel to make those portings. So what they come out as "standard" from the source Novarossi factory cannot be considered modifed anymore. My 2 cents.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Which engines are standard and which are modified? Is my 2106 modified or standard - my JP FX's must certainly be modified?

Cheers, Mark.
Old 06-07-2004, 11:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Another tuning question for Master D

Certainly will but it may take a while as I travel to the alps tomorrow oh man, why didn't I take two weeks holiday and spend them at the track
Good luck in the bike race. Hopefully you'll come back all eager to burn rubber on the tracks again.
Old 06-08-2004, 12:01 AM

...also waiting for your TheGiant.com signature no more tq huh
Old 06-08-2004, 12:03 AM
Tech Prophet

Which engines are standard and which are modified? Is my 2106 modified or standard - my JP FX's must certainly be modified?

Cheers, Mark.
The 2106 should be standard NovaMega. KHM version would be hand modified. MS version (like JP versions of the NSR) would be factory modified.

Since JP came out with their own line of FX engines like RB and NovaMega (unlike in the old days when they get Novarossi engines and work on them), I would not know the distinction between hand modified, factory modified or standard engine anymore. Well, one can argue that the piston liner and everything (except maybe the carb) is the same coming from the Novarossi mill like RB and NovaMega...
Old 06-08-2004, 12:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

In this case, what would you call them now? Can you still categorize the new NSR/RR as stock or non-modified engines according to its piston liner porting design? I don't think so... And if you called them semi modified then it is absolutely illegal for our Nats series...

Darling....
The rule only said 1st hand from manufacturer, I could be wrong though. TS did not describe it, I guess you must talk to him.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.