Smile

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
very nice!

From another side
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-cimg0839.jpg  
Old 05-18-2004, 07:53 AM
Tech Elite

Talking I can smile again!

No, I haven't fixed my engine and I'm still feeling crappy that the engine has blown up but I sat and rebuilt my 705 last night and took it to the track today. Now I've only got a standard SX12-RE, so the power was noticably down on the SS 3 Port, but it wasn't so bad when I got it tuned in.
This is the first time I've driven the 705 properly this year - last time out, I had problems with a pulley grub screw not being tightened up which lead to me only having rear-wheel drive so it was very bad
This time out I could really drive the 705. First impressions where that the 705 is twichier than the 710. I can take the 710 out-of-the-box and hit the circuit at full speed - no need to change the setup from standard to go quick.
With the 705, the back end wouldn't stick very well, which lead to some hairy moments through the fast left-right flick At first, though I simply wanted to setup the engine - which didn't take long......my tuning skills are coming on well now!
As well as the loose rear end, the front was over responsive to steering input - first of all I turned down my Tx unit's ATV from 90% to 70% which helped the steering not to be so twichy, then I altered to front track to 200mm and put the anti-roll bar to the hard setting. That had the front end settled down, but the back end was still really loose. Next I changed back from the red spring to the yellows, but still the rear was loose So next I took out the 7mm spacer on the rear upper arm and replaced it with a 4mm bearing and 1mm spacer (it's all I had! ) now the rear end stuck to the road and I could really start to drive the 705
Using a smaller spacer on the rear upper arm affected the coning of the tyres - I had -3.5 and -3 degrees (right and left) and the tyres wore flat!!! I'll have to make an even more severe setting tomorrow.

Overall impression was that the 705 isn't as setup friendly as the 710; it wears the tyres more in the rear; under breaking it is more difficult to control and the grip levels aren't so high for the same shore tyre.
But I was very pleased with the turn in of the 705 - here it was a little better than my standard 710 setup

That was a 6 hour session at the track today (crash free, too! ), so I'll have to do a bit of cleaning and setup work tonight in order to get it ready for another session tomorrow.

The 705 is still a nice car to drive!
Old 05-18-2004, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rcpanama
From another side
Please correct me if i'm wrong but i think you have your throttle linkage set up wrong, the rubber tubing should be swapped around with the spring?

P.S Nice car!
Old 05-18-2004, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
Please correct me if i'm wrong but i think you have your throttle linkage set up wrong, the rubber tubing should be swapped around with the spring?

P.S Nice car!
wow how did i miss that ! i guess it gives better throttle control
Old 05-18-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: I can smile again!

Originally posted by markp27
The 705 is still a nice car to drive!
Did you go back to a TC body or have you completed the 705 GTP 1/8 killer project?

I had my first day out with the 705 GTP last week. The rear floating body mount should be on it's way right now, hoping to run the car with it and see the difference as soon as I can go to the track again.

Any tips on filling up extra holes in the body?
Old 05-18-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: I can smile again!

Originally posted by KevinS
Did you go back to a TC body or have you completed the 705 GTP 1/8 killer project?

I had my first day out with the 705 GTP last week. The rear floating body mount should be on it's way right now, hoping to run the car with it and see the difference as soon as I can go to the track again.

Any tips on filling up extra holes in the body?
Hi Kevin,

My Killer GTP parts are on the way, so at the moment, I reverted the 705 back to TC form

How was the GTP? How did it compare to driving the TC version of the 705?

Have you tried super-gluing on some lexan parts under the body to fill in the holes? Not the best solution, but better than nothing.

I really enjoyed driving the 705 again and am going to the track tomorrow again
Old 05-18-2004, 02:38 PM
Tech Adept

Smile

Originally posted by Voodo_Magic

P.S Nice car!
As per the manual you are correct but I do like it this way, you can check this side from Glenn Cauley and check some comments on this

http://www.mytsn.com/forums/forum.a...62&pid=9569

Jose
Old 05-18-2004, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

As per the manual you are correct but I do like it this way, you can check this side from Glenn Cauley and check some comments on this

Jose

Sorry

http://www.mytsn.com/forums/forum.asp?fid=2362&pid=9569
Old 05-18-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello, i am new in touring gas, i race 2 years in electrics and now i have a 710 2 months, i´m very impresive with this car, i race 2 racers, and i finish second in both¡¡¡ . Now, i prepare my car, in 2 weekends i go to my first national race at 700 km of my house. .
I´m probe a setup of Cornella, and work very very well, for me, thanks you very much.
But, i have a question. In the setup, the front shock is in the 1st hole, but i dont put in this hole, i go from 2st hole.
how is put in in this hole? Is the are any mods for this?
I have the front shocks rear of the tower.

Thank you and sorry for my bad english.
Old 05-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Ouch

My 710 hit the rostrum wall at a rate of knots, ouch left side shocks broke front and back, left front axel broke and the front swing arm seems to be in a bad way, also my pipe has got a couple of nasty dents,
is it true that if i fill my pipe with liquid and freeze it the dents will come out or is it a housewifes tale???
Old 05-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Jose
Thanks for the info i might try it!
Old 05-18-2004, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Ouch

Originally posted by mrblond03
My 710 hit the rostrum wall at a rate of knots, ouch left side shocks broke front and back, left front axel broke and the front swing arm seems to be in a bad way, also my pipe has got a couple of nasty dents,
is it true that if i fill my pipe with liquid and freeze it the dents will come out or is it a housewifes tale???
mrblond03, yes it does work.

Just don't leave the thing in the firdge too long, I've done this and burst/cracked one pipe.
Old 05-18-2004, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by xluis
Hello, i am new in touring gas, i race 2 years in electrics and now i have a 710 2 months, i´m very impresive with this car, i race 2 racers, and i finish second in both¡¡¡ . Now, i prepare my car, in 2 weekends i go to my first national race at 700 km of my house. .
I´m probe a setup of Cornella, and work very very well, for me, thanks you very much.
But, i have a question. In the setup, the front shock is in the 1st hole, but i dont put in this hole, i go from 2st hole.
how is put in in this hole? Is the are any mods for this?
I have the front shocks rear of the tower.

Thank you and sorry for my bad english.
xluis,

Well done on your races and welcome to the nitro world, especially the Serpent 710 world!

I don't quite understand about the shock hole problem but you should be able to change holes on the shock tower without any modifications.

Good luck at the nationals!
Old 05-18-2004, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

From another side
rcpanama, very nicely built.

I believe the gadget on the upper deck left side is a MIP temp gauge but what is on the right?

Since you're using the low-profile 9550 servos why don't you install the throttle servo BELOW the upper deck? Lower CG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.