Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2004, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sow&Steady
[B]rcpanama, very nicely built.

I believe the gadget on the upper deck left side is a MIP temp gauge but what is on the right?
This is:

An on-board, self contained digital battery voltage monitor. Moving your servos show loaded battery voltage. The actual voltage, not a simulated load. You are able to see battery's voltage to the nearest 10mV in easy to read digits.

http://www.i4cproducts.com/r_c_applicaltions.htm
Old 05-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: I can smile again!

Mark, I'm sorry about your engine pal... races are races

Why don't you use that extra engine in your 710 instead of insisting with the 705
Old 05-18-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Question

Has anyone have problems on striping spur gears??

I'm running 16/61 1st gear combo and going through about one spur a week! I'm making sure it has the proper mesh and making sure my motor mounts are secure but still stripping.
Old 05-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: I can smile again!

Originally posted by markp27
Hi Kevin,

My Killer GTP parts are on the way, so at the moment, I reverted the 705 back to TC form

How was the GTP? How did it compare to driving the TC version of the 705?

Have you tried super-gluing on some lexan parts under the body to fill in the holes? Not the best solution, but better than nothing.

I really enjoyed driving the 705 again and am going to the track tomorrow again
Althought it's a long time ago I ran my 705 with TC body, you can really tell the GTP body adds downforce and stability! I'm going to try some things in set-up next time to benefit more from the added traction. But first see what the floating body mount does for the car.

Superglueing is what I'll do if this doesn't work out:
http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=2397
Spray it in the same colors and it should cover the old bodypost holes.

I wish I could hit the track tomorrow, or coming weekend... But I won't have a weekend off for the rest of the month.
Old 05-18-2004, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Question

Originally posted by PUNISHER

I'm running 16/61 1st gear combo and going through about one spur a week! I'm making sure it has the proper mesh and making sure my motor mounts are secure but still stripping.
The S710 blackbook will be updated with those mods, hopefully by next week. Here is a preview of what you need to do with those unperfect 16/61.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 710-eginemount1.jpg  
Old 05-18-2004, 07:02 PM

Originally posted by rcpanama
As per the manual you are correct but I do like it this way, you can check this side from Glenn Cauley and check some comments on this

http://www.mytsn.com/forums/forum.a...62&pid=9569

Jose
This configuration would also free the brake lingkage from hitting antenna

http://www.daltonshop.com/images/S710toprightview.JPG

http://www.daltonshop.com/images/S710rightview.JPG
Old 05-18-2004, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Need some setups

Yes you are right, I had to cut the membranes on the side so they could fit, shock shim crated a bubble inside the cylinder, it works OK as of now, will check without them next time.

This is my Serpent

Nice ride rcpanama !!!!!!
Old 05-18-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Need some setups

Yes you are right, I had to cut the membranes on the side so they could fit, shock shim crated a bubble inside the cylinder, it works OK as of now, will check without them next time.
Without the shims, you do not need to trim anything.

This is my Serpent
That's a nice ride ! I swear that if not for some things, it looked my my ride !

Is that FAST tires? I see that you still have the original shock towers on... The fuel tubing with the external filter to the carb should be shortest to get best engine response. Besides if you race legally, I don't think you'll pass the 75 cc volume test. As for the linkage, I think it's not necessary to put the fuel tubing nearest to the carb. That will strain the servo when you brake. Use a spring instead.
Old 05-18-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: I can smile again!

So next I took out the 7mm spacer on the rear upper arm and replaced it with a 4mm bearing and 1mm spacer (it's all I had! ) now the rear end stuck to the road and I could really start to drive the 705
A lower rear roll center due to the smaller spacer makes the rear end stick better.

Using a smaller spacer on the rear upper arm affected the coning of the tyres - I had -3.5 and -3 degrees (right and left) and the tyres wore flat!!! I'll have to make an even more severe setting tomorrow.
Yup, the spacers above the rear hub affect the camber change. More spacer, more camber change besides giving higher roll center.

That is why I believe Julius found out that the ideal rear oll center and camber change comes from the 4 mm spacer.

That was a 6 hour session at the track today (crash free, too! ), so I'll have to do a bit of cleaning and setup work tonight in order to get it ready for another session tomorrow.
6 hours? What a nice life !
Old 05-18-2004, 07:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
wow how did i miss that ! i guess it gives better throttle control
Perhaps but wouldn't that strain the servo more during braking?
Old 05-18-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Ouch

Originally posted by mrblond03
is it true that if i fill my pipe with liquid and freeze it the dents will come out or is it a housewifes tale???
No housewifey's tale ! My pipe is a living proof ! Or a living Frankenstein !
Old 05-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Can you take a pic of how the gears mesh on your pinions / spurs?

For the life of me, I can't answer too. Crashed_1 had problems earlier but he attributed it to a loose engine mount to crankcase.

I'm still running my 16/61 and do not have any problems. I initially had to run a very tight meshing. The spurs and pinions did not roll so free. After a few tanks, it was very free. I guess that's because I was using old and new pinions / spurs combination. I'll let you know how it turns out after this weekend !
Old 05-18-2004, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

I've stripped 2 sets of 16/61 spur/pinion combo in 3 tanks...i never got it to work too but hell that combo will launch the car to the stars...pity it fails.
Old 05-18-2004, 08:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by xluis
But, i have a question. In the setup, the front shock is in the 1st hole, but i dont put in this hole, i go from 2st hole.
how is put in in this hole? Is the are any mods for this?
I have the front shocks rear of the tower.
Which setup is this? I believe most of his setups only refer to lowest hole being the 2nd hole in the front shock tower.

You can only use the 1st hole when your front roll center is at the highest (i.e. front upper arms set to the lowest with 0 mm shim spacers instead of stock 2 mm).
Old 05-18-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Smile Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Need some setups

[i]
Is that FAST tires? I see that you still have the original shock towers on... The fuel tubing with the external filter to the carb should be shortest to get best engine response. Besides if you race legally, I don't think you'll pass the 75 cc volume test. As for the linkage, I think it's not necessary to put the fuel tubing nearest to the carb. That will strain the servo when you brake. Use a spring instead. [/B]
These are Ellegy Tires; yes I do have the original shock tower, and have the new one as spare until this one brakes. In our club we will no race legally yet until 2006, this we will star raising ROA I think. Must of the drivers have 5P Turbo.

On the spring you are right, I will change and check the voltage consumption to check difference thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.