Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally posted by InitialD
You could mount the throttle / brake servo below the radio tray.
LOL...masterD
Thats what I told him when I saw him building the car!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 09:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by jfc_tech
I know from rcsabah when he come back the recent EP Reedy thailand race, most of them use only lexan bend like triangle to support the body. 1 as 5th body post, 2 at each left & right lower body near the rear tires. cool mod.
Serpent actually has these lexan support for the inner body for some time. Check out part number 1784 and 1785.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by PUNISHER
Thats what I told him when I saw him building the car!!!
Great minds think alike !
Old 01-26-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Perhaps he forgot to put a clip on the 5th post !

Seriously, that reminded me of the incident in Thailand. I asked Michael why was his top carbon fibre brake plate with 2 missing M3 screws to secure to the left and right rear bulkheads. While expecting a technical answer from him, he said that he forgot to put it on !
i tot so at 1st...but when i asked him...he intentionally did it.

BUT i do remember my friend's rear shock tower mounting. He Actually forgotten to screw 2 more screws(4 screws)...and he thought his rear shocks can move up & down along with the body!! the thing just rock & roll front & back
Old 01-26-2004, 10:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Go Aussies Go !

710 Clean Sweep at the Summernats

The 2004 running of the Team Orion Summer-Nats turned into a Serpent 710 benefit. In the first major outing for the mighty new weapon, the 710 took all three podium positions after rain washed out the finals and the results were based on qualifying. Darrin Campbell emerged victorius followed by Simon Nicholson and Stewart Grant in a Serpent-Mega clean sweep.

And in Victoria…..
The Victorian Championships were on, where after qualifying the Serpent 710 driven by Steven Jovanovic set a stunning TQ time to sit atop the pack. Unfortunately some engine problems at the start of the final dropped him from contention.

Full Race reports to follow.

Report taken from mytsn.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I think you followed the main cutting lines on the wing. I suggest you use the smaller line for cutting ... it's marked as "ROAR" if you look closely at the sides of the wing. Follow this line through around the back too.

That's my preference for this body though so you'll need to try it at your own rick.
Hi Sow&Steady,
I did that but the car was tail happy. I believe could be that I was using 40shore tires instead of recommended 37 shore for that track. I will try again. Thanks.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

I know from rcsabah when he come back the recent EP Reedy thailand race, most of them use only lexan bend like triangle to support the body. 1 as 5th body post, 2 at each left & right lower body near the rear tires. cool mod.
I forgot where I read , it mentioned that all kind off body stiffener is not allowed for Touring Car class.
I could be wrong though..
Old 01-27-2004, 12:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Suitable Synthesized Receivers

Originally posted by FTSPEEDWAY
Yes you can use the rx without the radio module, but there really is no point of it. My opinion is that if you have the synth rx and a regular tx module then you still have to buy radio crystals and i dont know any company that just sells radio crystals. If you plan on buying the tx module in the future the synth rx is not a bad idea. I love mine nice and small plenty of channels, nice easy turndial. you cant beat it
Thanks for the confirmation FTSPEEDWAY.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Yep, thats what i did...i followed the marked "ROAR".

ok, here my 710 kit picture after 14 tanks (RS5 STS=6 tanks, Nova Max P5=8 tanks run-in)
If you followed the ROAR mark then it should be good. You'll need to amend your set-up accordingly then. I'm guessing your track is either giving you lots of grip or your set-up is doing it.

Time to use that set-up bible!

Good luck!
Old 01-27-2004, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

For bodies like the Stratus 2.1 where the body can flex in the middle front at high speeds due to downforce, the 5th body post is useful.

All new cars now come with it or have hop ups for it. That should be good enough reason to use it right?
Cybe, D is right and trust Serpent and us, some shells DO flex and this makes a lot of difference on high speed tracks.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sparksy
Once my current bodies are toasted, I am not going to drill the hole for the 5th post. I'll be cutting it short so it only supports the hood of the body, not going through it.
Hmmm ... no a bad idea, especially if you put some kind of a flat thing at the top of the post.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Great minds think alike !
.... and fools never differ!

I guess that includes me because I not only thought the same thing!
Old 01-27-2004, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Go Aussies Go !

710 Clean Sweep at the Summernats

The 2004 running of the Team Orion Summer-Nats turned into a Serpent 710 benefit. In the first major outing for the mighty new weapon, the 710 took all three podium positions after rain washed out the finals and the results were based on qualifying. Darrin Campbell emerged victorius followed by Simon Nicholson and Stewart Grant in a Serpent-Mega clean sweep.

And in Victoria�..
The Victorian Championships were on, where after qualifying the Serpent 710 driven by Steven Jovanovic set a stunning TQ time to sit atop the pack. Unfortunately some engine problems at the start of the final dropped him from contention.

Full Race reports to follow.

Report taken from mytsn.
OK Mr. DNN, now its our turn to do something similar in KL! You better show up for the race at TT on the 7th of February.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TitaniumR
Hi Sow&Steady,
I did that but the car was tail happy. I believe could be that I was using 40shore tires instead of recommended 37 shore for that track. I will try again. Thanks.
Ahhhh OK!

Like I said ... if the 37 shore is still not satisfactory, use the "bible". It is a VERY VERY good set-up book!
Old 01-27-2004, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Go Aussies Go !

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
OK Mr. DNN, now its our turn to do something similar in KL! You better show up for the race at TT on the 7th of February.
I thought it was only for the finals...guys who have points.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.