R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-07-2004, 02:07 AM   #2746
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Americans: Panties as in Pants.

British: Panties as in underwear !

I hope I did not get it the other way around... This was what I was told !
Really....
S710_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 02:10 AM   #2747
Tech Adept

Hey guys you want to slow down a bit, i am ahving too much reading too do after work each day to catch up. I haven't even put the car on the track yet and it looks like i have a heap of stuff to modify?

I was hoping for a long time relation ship with serpent, but all this bashing is making me think otherwise?

SN
Old 01-07-2004, 02:31 AM   #2748
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by S710_Nut
I haven't even put the car on the track yet and it looks like i have a heap of stuff to modify?
Nah. Just run the car. The only thing you need to fine tune is the clutch. See how it works on the track when you set it stock as per manual and adjust from there. Let us know how it turns out.

Quote:
I was hoping for a long time relation ship with serpent, but all this bashing is making me think otherwise?
SN, my apologies. It just sickens me a little when other people complain about small nitty gritty stuff and when you try to explain something, you get sarcastic remarks that you work for Serpent and all the crap !

I'll put all this behind me and lets move on !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 02:32 AM   #2749
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Really....
Not so sure myself cause I'm neither British nor American !
Old 01-07-2004, 03:02 AM   #2750
Tech Adept

Quote:
Nah. Just run the car. The only thing you need to fine tune is the clutch. See how it works on the track when you set it stock as per manual and adjust from there. Let us know how it turns out.

SN, my apologies. It just sickens me a little when other people complain about small nitty gritty stuff and when you try to explain something, you get sarcastic remarks that you work for Serpent and all the crap !

I'll put all this behind me and lets move on !
I work in It Industry in Retail and the customer can be very demanding, Serpent & Mugen had to draw the line somewere. The customer wanted a car built on the legal weight out off the box. To archieve this something had to give, in the end it was strength. What happens, customer complains product is too fragile. Catch 22 suitation....

SN
Old 01-07-2004, 03:24 AM   #2751
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Quote:
Americans: Panties as in Pants.

British: Panties as in underwear !

I hope I did not get it the other way around... This was what I was told !
Certainly in respect to the British side you are correct and certainly Pants in the US are generally trousers in the UK, although in the north of England this term is also used - but not so frequently these days.

Cheers, Mark
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 03:27 AM   #2752
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Certainly in respect to the British side you are correct and certainly Pants in the US are generally trousers in the UK, although in the north of England this term is also used - but not so frequently these days.
Old 01-07-2004, 03:50 AM   #2753
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

If only I could gain that kind of respect from my driving
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 06:12 AM   #2754
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by Proficar403
Fastharry,

I'm not sure if anyone answered your earlier question about the ease of removing the 710 diffs that you had a while ago. I didn't see an answer on the first readthrough. This is what I have observed.

In the rear, you must remove the six screws from the bearing caps (remember: two are behind through the shock tower) and the two back screws beneath the chassis. This allows you to pull the rear "cover" completely off to expose the area above the diff to pull it straight out. All in all, eight screws and pull it out.

In the front, you must remove the four screws from the bearing caps (which are attached to the shock tower) and unscrew one shock. Then, pop one ball cup from the steering knuckle to allow the knuckle to turn far enough to remove one dogbone from the outdrive. The front axle then comes out at an angle. All in all, five screws and one ball cup.

It is basically as easy to remove the diffs as it is in a Tc3.
thanks Profi......

let me ask you this.....When you need to get the front midshaft out.......and the rear 2 sp shaft..(for changing belts on each end)..

How easy is that to do?......We were comparing this car to the r40 as far as ease of maintenance...And not for anything,you can both belts changed in a r40 in a few minutes....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 07:39 AM   #2755
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

wow nice break on the hudy tool.. I have yet to break one, and we use them on our 1/5th scale cars also.. so it may have been defective( bad metal) or you are just going beyond the tools limits.. if you look at conventional sockets they have much more material , and they weight more... nothing to special about hudy steel except that it is more exp to manufacturer and it is stronger.. any machine shop can use the same material..

rear two speed is not awful, but it is not a 4 minute job. I would not worry too much, I have gotten more than a season out of a rear belt in the parking lot racig, while the front you could loose two or three to stones.. and the front is much easier to change than it use to be..

the diffs are easier to remove, but the feature I find more useful is belt tension.. remember loose is fast, so you can loosen the belt up to wear you are in danger of slippage and gain some top end... just becarefull not to go to far or you will remove all the teeth from the belt...

I am also interessted in how to get the check from serpent for racing there product and sharing all the information I have learned about it with everyone..
ammdrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 11:07 AM   #2756
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Serpent Corporate Field Support

Quote:
So what happened to the 2%?

Ummm, somebody should come up with a design of the T shirt first, right?
I nominate YOU as THE MAN!!
clmbia45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 03:11 PM   #2757
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
If only I could gain that kind of respect from my driving
How's the EVO 3 coming along? Have you put any hours into it after Christmas holidays?

Don't worry. When summer comes, you'll be a fantastic driver !
Old 01-07-2004, 03:13 PM   #2758
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Serpent Corporate Field Support

Quote:
Originally posted by clmbia45
I nominate YOU as THE MAN!!
You'll probably only see my ghost in Florida ! If you rely on me for T shirts, expect to wear just a plain singlet ! I'm terrible at this.
Old 01-07-2004, 03:14 PM   #2759
Tech Regular

Hi D, I see you've been under fire lately. Shame on you for expressing your opinions and giving advise to your poor fellow racers. I've been gone for a while, so my 710 is just nearing completion... Will be interesting to see what it does on the track.
fmolzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2004, 03:16 PM   #2760
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by ammdrew
the diffs are easier to remove, but the feature I find more useful is belt tension.. remember loose is fast, so you can loosen the belt up to wear you are in danger of slippage and gain some top end... just becarefull not to go to far or you will remove all the teeth from the belt...
For me, I would not play around with loosening the belt tension in front and the back. Just too risky. I find that the single most important thing to achieve a more free drivetrain is to set the middle long belt tension to loose.

Quote:
Originally posted by ammdrew
I am also interessted in how to get the check from serpent for racing there product and sharing all the information I have learned about it with everyone..
Get in line ! I asked first !