Serpent 710

Old 01-26-2004, 06:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Fuel Tank & Pressure Line!

Originally posted by S710_Nut
Do i need to run a longer pressure line from the exhaust or are we simply filling the tank with too much fuel?
For me, I run the recommended length of the pressure line.

From my experience, like what Goldfinger suggest, the thing about refuelling is you need to blow out a few revs just after refuelling to blow out excess fuel. That's what we normally do before putting the car back into the track.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:29 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Tank Cap

Originally posted by GoldFinger
S710, just do a quick check for your low needle setting.
Pinching the fuel tube to the carb is also a good test to check low end needle.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:31 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

if the cap closing kills the motor it is too rich...

you do have to be a bit gentle on your throttle yank after a pit but you can fuel drop and go...
Old 01-26-2004, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Silver Stone Track

Originally posted by crashed_1
Can we tag along?..
Uh ummmm ... ask the owners lah!
Old 01-26-2004, 06:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Serpent 710 Setup Sheet in Editable PDF file

For those who have asked for the blank 710 setup sheet and still have not realised that it is already available, you can download it off mytsn here.

Once you open it in Adobe Reader, select the Select Text option and you can change, type in and edit the file. I don't think it allows you to save the changes to the files though... You need to print it right off !
Old 01-26-2004, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
From what I understand (which is the same that goes for IFMAR rules), you can put two holes on the windscreen. One for cooling hole (any width of the hole (square, round or rectangular) must NOT exceed 50 mm) and the other hole (20 mm) is for refueling especially if you're using a refueling gun. I have attached an example of my old shell (long live the 705 ! ) for reference...
Right ... and this ONE of reasons why I will not be attending the Asean Cup from now on. The "organizer" made me close up my refuelling hole last year despite distributing the official IFMAR rules about legal bodies for his race. (It clearly states what you wrote above D).

I can't believe this guy can claim he is the "official" Asean Cup organizer when his knowledge about IFMAR rules and 1:10 nitro racing comes from his knee-caps!

This year he has again put in the same stupid rule about banning the use of PCM. I suggest the main motivation for repeating this childish behaviour is because he is a Sanwa distributor!

Strewth!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ammdrew
if the cap closing kills the motor it is too rich...

you do have to be a bit gentle on your throttle yank after a pit but you can fuel drop and go...
Yeap ... ammdrew is right.
Old 01-26-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Silver Stone Track

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Yes, I plan to go up because it coincides with Raya Haji. From the pictures it looks great, will let you know!
You plan on going to the Silver Stone Track in Taiwan? Are you also from Malaysia?
Old 01-26-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Prophet

I can't believe this guy can claim he is the "official" Asean Cup organizer when his knowledge about IFMAR rules and 1:10 nitro racing comes from his knee-caps!
I know who you're referring to... Well, shit happens and most of the time, it is beyond our control !

This year he has again put in the same stupid rule about banning the use of PCM. I suggest the main motivation for repeating this childish behaviour is because he is a Sanwa distributor!
Could that be your reason of getting a complete M8 set by having the pleasure of burning the Tx/Rx in front of his face?

Ummm, this one rule perhaps has it's reasons... I read somewhere or I am told by someone that in large IFMAR races, the built in fail safe in the Tx must be switched off. They prefer having to rely on dicipline and regulation of radio compound to avoid frequency clashes.

Well, if shit happens (we know this happens at almost all races regardless of radio compounds) and a car glitches because of a frequency clash or something else, they prefer the car to continue glitching and perhaps chances that the driver is still able to control his car on the track than to have his car stop dead in the middle of the track and causing other accidents. That's one way of looking at it and if I'm not mistaken, IFMAR (or even ROAR) sees the same angle too. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 01-26-2004, 07:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know who you're referring to... Well, shit happens and most of the time, it is beyond our control !

Could that be your reason of getting a complete M8 set by having the pleasure of burning the Tx/Rx in front of his face?

Ummm, this one rule perhaps has it's reasons... I read somewhere or I am told by someone that in large IFMAR races, the built in fail safe in the Tx must be switched off. They prefer having to rely on dicipline and regulation of radio compound to avoid frequency clashes.

Well, if shit happens (we know this happens at almost all races regardless of radio compounds) and a car glitches because of a frequency clash or something else, they prefer the car to continue glitching and perhaps chances that the driver is still able to control his car on the track than to have his car stop dead in the middle of the track and causing other accidents. That's one way of looking at it and if I'm not mistaken, IFMAR (or even ROAR) sees the same angle too. Can anyone confirm this?
I would much rather drive around a dead car then try to avoid a car glitching . Atleast the dead car isnt moving and you can account for it, whereas the uncontrollable car you have no way of knowing what it is doing.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:01 AM
FTSPEEDWAY

Default Re: Suitable Synthesized Receivers

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
Fingers crossed, hopefully ordering my new 710 within the next couple of weeks can anyone advise whether any of the third party Synthesized Receivers will fit in the receiver box and work with my Ko Propo EX11 (Presto) Transmitter, as I'm having to buy a new Receiver just fancied a Synthesized one ready for when I eventually change the Transmitter.

Cheers

Mark
I used the novak synthesised rx and it fit fine. I myself did not have any problems with the rx but i hav heard others complaining about it, so you may want to do research on it before you go spend 200 bucks on an rx and tx module. Also the jr synthesised rx DOES NOT fit.

Old 01-26-2004, 08:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by kreidel
I would much rather drive around a dead car then try to avoid a car glitching . Atleast the dead car isnt moving and you can account for it, whereas the uncontrollable car you have no way of knowing what it is doing.
True but I once read about Michael Salven mentioning (perhaps in one of his race reports on mytsn) that he rather have a car that he can partially control in the event of a glitch or radio interference than have a car that stops dead where you would not be able to finish your race at all. Of course, we're talking about mere mortal racers against unlimited factory sponsored drivers here ! I guess it's just a case of one man's meat, another man's poison !
Old 01-26-2004, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

True but I once read about Michael Salven mentioning (perhaps in one of his race reports on mytsn) that he rather have a car that he can partially control in the event of a glitch or radio interference than have a car that stops dead where you would not be able to finish your race at all. Of course, we're talking about mere mortal racers against unlimited factory sponsored drivers here ! I guess it's just a case of one man's meat, another man's poison !
How'd your test go today @ the tracks?

Old 01-26-2004, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Maaaannnn! You really don't miss anything do you???? You either own the shop or have a spy-cam in there!

I'm not stooping so low as to do that to him, the M8 was for a friend who thinks its the best thing since sliced bread!

OK, OK, I know ... one can argue about that too.

True, but that was when it was first introduced and had quite a bit of imperfections. It is safe and reliable now and you and I have both been to races where there's over a hundred guys running without issues. Oh, maybe you haven't but I have!

Seriously, Mr. Official Asean Cup needs to stop this archaic mentality and get on with it. Plus get a little more creative with the track layout too.

If the above is true then how come last year, when we protested, they agreed to allow the PCM mode with failsafe and after 1 day of practise, 1 whole day of qualifying and then 1 more day for the finals there were no problems? It CAN be done when all due respect is given to all of us who buy expensive equipment and allowed to use them to their proper potential. I don't want to sound cocky but anyone foolish enough to set the failsafe to stop dead and straight when it is activated needs a friendly advice don't you think?

Anyway, enough from me on this ... I choose not to go but I encourage everyone to do what they feel is best for themselves. It IS a free country.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by kreidel
Kreidel, you've said it better than I ever could!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.