R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-14-2003, 02:11 AM   #316
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by serpentracer1
[B]DAMN!!!! All The Serpent guys posting thats unheard of with most companies.Seems to me they are just as excited as we are to the release of the car. Looking forword to the release and my kit arriving so I can get to learning the new car!! THANKS SERPENT looking forword to talking to yall on here and on MYTSN!!

Wow!!! Seemes there is happening a lot, while I slept! And I am talking about sleeping, guys!!!!

Seemes there is a lot of discussion about gear ratios going on here.
I would like to distinguish between "punch" and acceleration. The thing you feel coming out of a turn is the punch. It depends on the engine, the clutch and the total gear ratio.
But you can have a lot of punch and still no acceleration. Maybe some of you guys have the possibility to try a real car with a very short first gear, like an off-road car (hill climb gear) or a tractor. These things have no acceleration at all!
So depending on the inertia of your turning parts there is a minimum gear ratio, and by going shorter you actually accelerate slower.
We paid a lot of attention to this and optimized the inertia of the parts and internal gear ratio for the best acceleration. With the 710 we have the same acceleration as with the 705 with a 10% longer ratio, with the advantage that you don't smoke the tires!
MichaelS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 02:18 AM   #317
Tech Initiate

release the new car pls...
JA5ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 06:19 AM   #318
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelS
[We paid a lot of attention to this and optimized the inertia of the parts and internal gear ratio for the best acceleration. With the 710 we have the same acceleration as with the 705 with a 10% longer ratio, with the advantage that you don't smoke the tires! [/B]
OK, I'm dying, how many times in an hour can you log on to mytsn without going crazy.... Put the car up ! And please tell us that you have already shipped kits out to the USA... Post the DHL or Fed-ex tracking number here so every Snake fan can follow the shipment's progress.....
fmolzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 06:30 AM   #319
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by fmolzer
Post the DHL or Fed-ex tracking number here so every Snake fan can follow the shipment's progress.....
Woooww, that's dangerous man. You wouldn't want the other guys to hijack the shipment would ya? Worse still if the Mugen guys get to know the AWB number !
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 06:34 AM   #320
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by fmolzer
OK, I'm dying, how many times in an hour can you log on to mytsn without going crazy....
Yea... Especially with Josh Cyrul's silly grin pic at the front on the screen...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 06:43 AM   #321
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
I don't know how much flex is allowed on F1 chassis but I know that having a stiff chassis allows your shocks to work much better. Flexi parts perhaps makes the shock workings less accurate and less direct and that it makes driving more forgiving on lower traction tracks. A flexi chassis allows the car to roll better giving you the needed traction.

Just my 2 cents...
I can tell you one thing, F1 cars DO NOT flex. The carbon fibreon the body is so stiff that it will pass all the tests. I mean 160 mph into a 4 layer tire wall and the car is in one piece.

I may not be long in RC but I cannot accept the fact that a softer chassis is better. The reason being, you have shocks that will work for you and also, do you think the chasis will roll the same in both directions? I am sure there is no special metalurgy process that ensures a chassis will roll the same in both way.

My 3 cents worth, lol.
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 08:00 AM   #322
Tech Initiate

Default serpent new product

oh no... is the release date wrong?
the only new products are these 2 sweaters, hehe
http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=2932
http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=2929

c'mon, stop the suspense
JA5ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 08:08 AM   #323
Tech Master

Default Re: serpent new product

Quote:
Originally posted by JA5ON
oh no... is the release date wrong?
the only new products are these 2 sweaters, hehe
http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=2932
http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=2929

c'mon, stop the suspense
Jason ... hang in there, you are new ... don't you know they only release products after lunch EST US time? Hahhaahaa ... hell even I am waiting ...
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 08:12 AM   #324
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Think about that for a minute. take a good look at the next track you run on and look at the surface in relation to the scale of the car. if you scaled up the bumps X10 on most of the tracks we run on they would be considered an off road track if you put an F1 car on them. hence chassis twist in some (repeat some)cases can be a good thing. it all depends on the situation.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:25 AM   #325
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

It could be that you're right there, but I would have thought the ideal chassis would be infinitely stiff - obviously something which can only be achieved in theory.
The thought being: if a chassis is infinitely stiff, then the only components playing a part are the suspension parts (i.e. the effect of the chassis = zero), which can be tuned to respond as required.
A chassis which isn't infinitely stiff (which is what everyone has to a greater or lesser extent), would then bring with it an unknown, i.e. how much does the chassis flex. Also the flex isn't tuneable to different conditions.

That's me theory anyway - but one or two of our new members (Michael and Rene ) should be able to add some input to this discussion.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 08:25 AM   #326
Tech Apprentice

Quote:

I may not be long in RC but I cannot accept the fact that a softer chassis is better. The reason being, you have shocks that will work for you and also, do you think the chasis will roll the same in both directions? I am sure there is no special metalurgy process that ensures a chassis will roll the same in both way.

My 3 cents worth, lol. [/B]

Hey tIANcI, you are a guy to my liking, except that strange Mugen logo of course.
In real racing everybody wants a stiff chassis. With a soft chassis you can make changes to the set-up with no or unpredictable changes. There are, however two good things about a soft chassis, it covers a wrong set-up and or geometry, and it offers a wider, but lower limit, which can make a car easier to drive.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:28 AM   #327
Tech Apprentice

I just realized that I'm a Tech rookie!
Old 11-14-2003, 08:28 AM   #328
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to markp27

Has the wait for the 710 killed InitialD? He hasn't posted for a good two hours
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 08:29 AM   #329
Tech Elite