Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Errr ... Conference of Mobile Usability Studies?
Perfect! Very important - can't miss it - and I'm hiding my car and Tx in my laptop bag - that should look genuine!
Old 09-26-2004, 11:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sounds like someone was on your channell
I dont know if its possible with fail safe activated. If the signal is weak (both transmitters in that case) fail safe would stoped the car. I know the fail safe was working because i turned transmitter off and servo went to exact position i set.
Whats weird is that fail safe did activate couple second the car took off. Probably receiver lost the power for short period of time then went back on then lost it for good.
At least i could ask the guy which channel he was on.
Max
Old 09-26-2004, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sn4il
I dont know if its possible with fail safe activated. If the signal is weak (both transmitters in that case) fail safe would stoped the car. I know the fail safe was working because i turned transmitter off and servo went to exact position i set.
Whats weird is that fail safe did activate couple second the car took off. Probably receiver lost the power for short period of time then went back on then lost it for good.
Max
That's where being at a track helps - usually there is a frequency/channel board, where you hang a little marker on the frequency/channel you're using. This helps to avoid two people using the same channel at the same time.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:50 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: In the pit.

Im not the kind of guy that gives up after a crash.
Max, sorry to hear of your loss. Good to know that you have a fighting spirit.

Anyway, like what Mark has mentioned, use a soft spring (maybe from a ball point pen of something), an elastic rubber band or an o ring as a mechanical fail safe. I use an o ring around my carb and wrap it on the slide carb.

What throttle servo are you using? The tension of the o ring / spring must be just enough to pull the servo arm back to neutral when power is cut off suddenly. Nothing more. If you use a weak throttle servo, you may have a problem. The servo may need a lot of torque to full open up the carb and overcome the spring / o ring. Making the spring / o ring softer, it would lack strength to pull the servo arm back to neutral position.

The way I test it is by throttling the servo at WOT and then unplug the receiver to simulate loss of power. The servo should come back to neutral position.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Originally posted by markp27
Bet D has to do all the shopping, just so Wifey doesn't see in the boot
That's why D's wifey has a different car. Shopping is strictly done with the other car. You might want to compile this info too in the next revision of the FAQ.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

D anwers:- "Errr yes, it's Crashed, I'm trying to fix it for him, you know ... he's busy feeding his baby and all ... the poor guy. We have a race this weekend."
Old 09-26-2004, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Perfect! Very important - can't miss it - and I'm hiding my car and Tx in my laptop bag - that should look genuine!
LOL, I forgot that you mentioned almost everything fits into your laptop bag. Err , is that the bag for that first ever Apple Portable?
Old 09-26-2004, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
That's why D's wifey has a different car. Shopping is strictly done with the other car. You might want to compile this info too in the next revision of the FAQ.
And D's car has a huge boot plus that spare tyre is missing ... the well is full of spares for the 710 in it!
Old 09-26-2004, 11:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Hmm, I think D has used this one already, a while ago.
Yup. Well, that's an old dog trick.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

You must have a very BIG laptop !
Old 09-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Max
What I know if the other guy has the same exact controller and crystal as you, the fail safe in the Tx will not kick in. But then again if indeed it was a glitch from the other guy, your engine will rev and stop etc and your steering servo will turn left and right as the other guy is driving the other car. If your engine just rev all the way without any break and the car just went on straight, then it sounds like either the connector was unplugged or the receiver pack solder or the receiver pack wire is severed.

Did you solder the pack yourself? Check the receiver pack solder joints to make sure it did survive after the hard impact. Most of the time this is overlooked and when the next time to run the car, you get the receiver pack failing due to the previous incident.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Default Another one for the FAQ

Here's another one for the FAQ :-

under "The Married Racer's Survival Guide" section;

"keep babywipes handy ... that way your hands are clean and smells as if you've been visiting your buddy (Crashed) and helped him look after his baby instead of them looking dirty and smelling of nitro! "

Old 09-26-2004, 12:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

And D's car has a huge boot plus that spare tyre is missing ... the well is full of spares for the 710 in it!
Onkel Sow ! Thanks for the tip. Never thought of taking out the spare tire for more space.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Hmm, no wonder RC is expensive:

FAQ Wifey hiding:
1)...
9) Hide all the expensive bits in the boot of your car - but this is best combined with number 10!
10) Buy Wifey a car so she doesn't see all the hidden RC gear in you car!

Old 09-26-2004, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

You must have a very BIG laptop !
Like I implied, Mark is not as young as he makes out to be. He used to own the Apple Portable (aptly nicknamed Apple Luggable) which was released errrr ... 20 years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.