R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2004, 05:58 AM   #16276
Tech Apprentice
 
sn4il's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 68
Default

Quote:
Hey sn4il let me know when your gonna go to floyd or deer park
You got it !

Quote:
But to start out with, a locked front is much easier to handle.
Yesterday when i got back home from parking lot i took this car apart again to clean it. I installed front shaft lock also.
Im about to leave my house and get this baby rolling again
Today ill try to concentrate on setting everything the right way.
I noticed that my clutch engages too late when im running it on rich side. Leaning the engine made that clutch working perfect for me.

Max
sn4il is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 06:19 AM   #16277
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by sn4il
You got it !



Yesterday when i got back home from parking lot i took this car apart again to clean it. I installed front shaft lock also.
Im about to leave my house and get this baby rolling again
Today ill try to concentrate on setting everything the right way.
I noticed that my clutch engages too late when im running it on rich side. Leaning the engine made that clutch working perfect for me.

Max
You have to get used to setting the car up, as there is certainly a skill to it, which you can only learn by doing it. It does take time, but this is the only way to get the best out of the car.

Cheers, Mark.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:39 AM   #16278
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I have one post box reserved for packages from Holland
Now why didn't I think of that! Office address!!!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:44 AM   #16279
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Now why didn't I think of that! Office address!!!
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:48 AM   #16280
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
Oh boy - he's done it again
Its the FFFORCE!!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:57 AM   #16281
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: New parts online

Quote:
Originally posted by pelos
Are you incredible negative?
Not negative. More like surprised. I don't know but if you ask me, the first impression I get is when you put it in the rear, it'll do more damage to the rear shock tower than the stock plastic one. And looking at how mine wears out, it'll be heart breaking to see it scratch and break.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:59 AM   #16282
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by KevinS
Thats the real reason why the 710 has easy accesible diffs!
Woow ! I never knew Serpent incorporated that design for people who watch TV and wrench their cars at the same time.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 09:02 AM   #16283
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Now why didn't I think of that! Office address!!!
I always use office address. I think it's safer plus most of the time, the package arrives when you're at work and you're there to receive it. Now comes the best part (not mentioned in the FAQ). The wifey does not see this RC stuff coming as a package as well.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 09:12 AM   #16284
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Not negative. More like surprised. I don't know but if you ask me, the first impression I get is when you put it in the rear, it'll do more damage to the rear shock tower than the stock plastic one. And looking at how mine wears out, it'll be heart breaking to see it scratch and break.
I'm still preserving my original rear shock tower - puting those things one would definately put an end to it. I find it strange, too, that Serpent have brought them out - seems to be the first tunining option that doesn't really gain you anything.
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 09:14 AM   #16285
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
I always use office address. I think it's safer plus most of the time, the package arrives when you're at work and you're there to receive it. Now comes the best part (not mentioned in the FAQ). The wifey does not see this RC stuff coming as a package as well.
It's in my new "Using the Force for Dummies" book, though: *handwaving* These aren't the Serpent parts you think they are, Wifey/GF *handwaving*
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 09:17 AM   #16286
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
It's in my new "Using the Force for Dummies" book, though: *handwaving* These aren't the Serpent parts you think they are, Wifey/GF *handwaving*


*handwaving* Those aren't two (or more) cars you see on the table, Wifey/GF *handwaving*
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 09:21 AM   #16287
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Quote:
Originally posted by markp27
I'm still preserving my original rear shock tower - puting those things one would definately put an end to it. I find it strange, too, that Serpent have brought them out - seems to be the first tunining option that doesn't really gain you anything.
I see... Perhaps Serpent is trying to make sure that those who hadn't broken their original rear shock towers will break them when you install the rear aluminum body post. That's a good one.

Either that or trying very hard on ways to increase weight to legal limit.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 09:21 AM   #16288
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD


*handwaving* Those aren't two (or more) cars you see on the table, Wifey/GF *handwaving*
I'm impressed, D - you've made it too chapter 3 already: Multi-Object hiding
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 09:24 AM   #16289
Tech Elite
 
markp27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 4,069
Send a message via ICQ to markp27
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
I see... Perhaps Serpent is trying to make sure that those who hadn't broken their original rear shock towers will break them when you install the rear aluminum body post. That's a good one.
After all they don't want to ruin their reputation of making glass cars, now do they?

Quote:
Either that or trying very hard on ways to increase weight to legal limit.
Another good possibility We'd better get Sow to check out MS's car at the worlds for special weight increasing parts
markp27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 11:53 AM   #16290
Tech Apprentice
 
sn4il's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 68
Default In the pit.

Hello.
Today i had my first crash with my new serpent. It was driver mistake. (actually mechanic mistake). For rx battery i used servo extension. After couple tanks i decide to recharge my battery. Battery was still in good shape because i just pumped in like 210 mah. I put everything together and took it for the ride. In the first minute something went wrong. Fail safe was activated and my car stopped. Car was away from me so after couple seconds when everything went back to normal i decided to bring it closer.
Then sudenly car gained top speed and went straight to the other side of parking lot. Oh man that parking lot is huge, like 1/2 a mile. I didnt have control over it. Car hit the curb at top speed and went in the air like 8 ft high. When it hit the ground it sat against the curb and the motor was still running. The time i got there (it was far ) the engine died. Tires were grinded down to the rims.
Losts:
chasis - broke in the front
radio plate- broke at one corner (car hit the carb with left wheel)
body - cracked
couple of plastic parts at front and aluminum anti roll bars
I didnt check the servos yet and i hope my engine is ok.
The weird thing is that when i crashed and went to the crash side i noticed that another guy was driving his rc car. I dont think it was radio interferrance it looked more like servo extension got disconnected and rx lost the power.
Well that was good lesson for me, i know ill be back out there next saturday Im not the kind of guy that gives up after a crash.

Max
sn4il is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Serpent 835 JFCJ R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-20-2005 09:29 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:39 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net