Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 04:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey sn4il let me know when your gonna go to floyd or deer park
You got it !

But to start out with, a locked front is much easier to handle.
Yesterday when i got back home from parking lot i took this car apart again to clean it. I installed front shaft lock also.
Im about to leave my house and get this baby rolling again
Today ill try to concentrate on setting everything the right way.
I noticed that my clutch engages too late when im running it on rich side. Leaning the engine made that clutch working perfect for me.

Max
Old 09-26-2004, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sn4il
You got it !

Yesterday when i got back home from parking lot i took this car apart again to clean it. I installed front shaft lock also.
Im about to leave my house and get this baby rolling again
Today ill try to concentrate on setting everything the right way.
I noticed that my clutch engages too late when im running it on rich side. Leaning the engine made that clutch working perfect for me.

Max
You have to get used to setting the car up, as there is certainly a skill to it, which you can only learn by doing it. It does take time, but this is the only way to get the best out of the car.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Originally posted by markp27
I have one post box reserved for packages from Holland
Now why didn't I think of that! Office address!!!
Old 09-26-2004, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Old 09-26-2004, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Oh boy - he's done it again
Its the FFFORCE!!
Old 09-26-2004, 07:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: New parts online

Originally posted by pelos
Are you incredible negative?
Not negative. More like surprised. I don't know but if you ask me, the first impression I get is when you put it in the rear, it'll do more damage to the rear shock tower than the stock plastic one. And looking at how mine wears out, it'll be heart breaking to see it scratch and break.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by KevinS
Thats the real reason why the 710 has easy accesible diffs!
Woow ! I never knew Serpent incorporated that design for people who watch TV and wrench their cars at the same time.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:02 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I always use office address. I think it's safer plus most of the time, the package arrives when you're at work and you're there to receive it. Now comes the best part (not mentioned in the FAQ). The wifey does not see this RC stuff coming as a package as well.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Originally posted by InitialD
Not negative. More like surprised. I don't know but if you ask me, the first impression I get is when you put it in the rear, it'll do more damage to the rear shock tower than the stock plastic one. And looking at how mine wears out, it'll be heart breaking to see it scratch and break.
I'm still preserving my original rear shock tower - puting those things one would definately put an end to it. I find it strange, too, that Serpent have brought them out - seems to be the first tunining option that doesn't really gain you anything.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

I always use office address. I think it's safer plus most of the time, the package arrives when you're at work and you're there to receive it. Now comes the best part (not mentioned in the FAQ). The wifey does not see this RC stuff coming as a package as well.
It's in my new "Using the Force for Dummies" book, though: *handwaving* These aren't the Serpent parts you think they are, Wifey/GF *handwaving*
Old 09-26-2004, 08:17 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

It's in my new "Using the Force for Dummies" book, though: *handwaving* These aren't the Serpent parts you think they are, Wifey/GF *handwaving*

*handwaving* Those aren't two (or more) cars you see on the table, Wifey/GF *handwaving*
Old 09-26-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

I'm still preserving my original rear shock tower - puting those things one would definately put an end to it. I find it strange, too, that Serpent have brought them out - seems to be the first tunining option that doesn't really gain you anything.
I see... Perhaps Serpent is trying to make sure that those who hadn't broken their original rear shock towers will break them when you install the rear aluminum body post. That's a good one.

Either that or trying very hard on ways to increase weight to legal limit.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

*handwaving* Those aren't two (or more) cars you see on the table, Wifey/GF *handwaving*
I'm impressed, D - you've made it too chapter 3 already: Multi-Object hiding
Old 09-26-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

I see... Perhaps Serpent is trying to make sure that those who hadn't broken their original rear shock towers will break them when you install the rear aluminum body post. That's a good one.
After all they don't want to ruin their reputation of making glass cars, now do they?

Either that or trying very hard on ways to increase weight to legal limit.
Another good possibility We'd better get Sow to check out MS's car at the worlds for special weight increasing parts
Old 09-26-2004, 10:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default In the pit.

Hello.
Today i had my first crash with my new serpent. It was driver mistake. (actually mechanic mistake). For rx battery i used servo extension. After couple tanks i decide to recharge my battery. Battery was still in good shape because i just pumped in like 210 mah. I put everything together and took it for the ride. In the first minute something went wrong. Fail safe was activated and my car stopped. Car was away from me so after couple seconds when everything went back to normal i decided to bring it closer.
Then sudenly car gained top speed and went straight to the other side of parking lot. Oh man that parking lot is huge, like 1/2 a mile. I didnt have control over it. Car hit the curb at top speed and went in the air like 8 ft high. When it hit the ground it sat against the curb and the motor was still running. The time i got there (it was far ) the engine died. Tires were grinded down to the rims.
Losts:
chasis - broke in the front
radio plate- broke at one corner (car hit the carb with left wheel)
body - cracked
couple of plastic parts at front and aluminum anti roll bars
I didnt check the servos yet and i hope my engine is ok.
The weird thing is that when i crashed and went to the crash side i noticed that another guy was driving his rc car. I dont think it was radio interferrance it looked more like servo extension got disconnected and rx lost the power.
Well that was good lesson for me, i know ill be back out there next saturday Im not the kind of guy that gives up after a crash.

Max

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.