Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Originally posted by InitialD
I always use office address. I think it's safer plus most of the time, the package arrives when you're at work and you're there to receive it. Now comes the best part (not mentioned in the FAQ). The wifey does not see this RC stuff coming as a package as well.
Mark, quick! Add it to the FAQ ... then you'll have another updated version!
Old 09-26-2004, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Originally posted by markp27
I'm impressed, D - you've made it too chapter 3 already: Multi-Object hiding

Not to mention what's hiding in the boot of his car!

Old 09-26-2004, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: In the pit.

Originally posted by sn4il
Hello.
Today i had my first crash with my new serpent. It was driver mistake. (actually mechanic mistake). For rx battery i used servo extension. After couple tanks i decide to recharge my battery. Battery was still in good shape because i just pumped in like 210 mah. I put everything together and took it for the ride. In the first minute something went wrong. Fail safe was activated and my car stopped. Car was away from me so after couple seconds when everything went back to normal i decided to bring it closer.
Then sudenly car gained top speed and went straight to the other side of parking lot. Oh man that parking lot is huge, like 1/2 a mile. I didnt have control over it. Car hit the curb at top speed and went in the air like 8 ft high. When it hit the ground it sat against the curb and the motor was still running. The time i got there (it was far ) the engine died. Tires were grinded down to the rims.
Losts:
chasis - broke in the front
radio plate- broke at one corner (car hit the carb with left wheel)
body - cracked
couple of plastic parts at front and aluminum anti roll bars
I didnt check the servos yet and i hope my engine is ok.
The weird thing is that when i crashed and went to the crash side i noticed that another guy was driving his rc car. I dont think it was radio interferrance it looked more like servo extension got disconnected and rx lost the power.
Well that was good lesson for me, i know ill be back out there next saturday Im not the kind of guy that gives up after a crash.

Max
It's pretty horrible when something like that happens. It happens to us all at least once I destroyed the chassis of my old 705 earlier this year when my crytal fell out of my receiver car went at full speed across the circuit and ploughed into the fence. I replaced my receiver after that with a PCM one - shortly afterwards, my 710's crystal fell out, but I had a PCM receiver in that and therefore the receiver went into fail safe mode which ment the brakes went onto full and all I noticed was that the car spun - phew - a good investment!!!
Old 09-26-2004, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Originally posted by Sow&Steady

Not to mention what's hiding in the boot of his car!

Bet D has to do all the shopping, just so Wifey doesn't see in the boot
Old 09-26-2004, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Another good possibility We'd better get Sow to check out MS's car at the worlds for special weight increasing parts
I have my spy in place if I don't make it.

Now ... just need to make sure spy does not forget!
Old 09-26-2004, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Mark, quick! Add it to the FAQ ... then you'll have another updated version!
Been meaning to add the "How to fool Wifey/GF" section for a while now
Old 09-26-2004, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: In the pit.

Well that was good lesson for me, i know ill be back out there next saturday Im not the kind of guy that gives up after a crash.

Max
Sorry to hear about that.

Like they say ... A Winner Never Quits!
Old 09-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

but I had a PCM receiver
I have PCM receiver, thats why i think that receiver lost power suddenly due to disconect of servo extension.

Well... is there any new chasis for Serpent or just the stock one?
Max
Old 09-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Bet D has to do all the shopping, just so Wifey doesn't see in the boot
I'm impressed Mark, I thought only married men knew such tricks!

What about the one where wifey asks:- "Is that a different car?"

D anwers:- "Errr yes, it's Crashed, I'm trying to fix it for him, you know ... he's busy feeding his baby and all ... the poor guy. We have a race this weekend."

Old 09-26-2004, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

I have PCM receiver, thats why i think that receiver lost power suddenly due to disconect of servo extension.

Well... is there any new chasis for Serpent or just the stock one?
Max
No, the stock one is the only one available.

Yeah, if the power plug falls out, then even the fail safe wont help you. You can however put some very powerful elastic bands around the throttle linkage on the carb, so if the power does fail, then the car goes to idle.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

You can however put some very powerful elastic bands around the throttle linkage on the carb, so if the power does fail, then the car goes to idle.
Yeah i read about it, what about servo response, it has to put more torque because of that band or spring right?
Any1 using this setup?
Max
Old 09-26-2004, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

I'm impressed Mark, I thought only married men knew such tricks!
GFs can also ask tricky questions when you make excuses about not wanting to fly to Paris/London for a weekend due to lack of money
Ehm, Sow, you have to help me think of a good excuse about where I am this coming weekend

What about the one where wifey asks:- "Is that a different car?"

D anwers:- "Errr yes, it's Crashed, I'm trying to fix it for him, you know ... he's busy feeding his baby and all ... the poor guy. We have a race this weekend."

Hmm, I think D has used this one already, a while ago.

Like my cycling team mate who told his wife the new wheels she saw were actually mine, which I had lent him, as I didn't use them any more Coward!!!
Old 09-26-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah i read about it, what about servo response, it has to put more torque because of that band or spring right?
Any1 using this setup?
Max
It only has to overcome a small force of the servo when it isn't powered, so the strain on the servo whilst it is powered is slight - the elastic band only exerts a few grams of force, whereas the servos can produce more than 6kgs of twisting force (torque)
I personally don't use this method, but maybe one day I will regret it
Old 09-26-2004, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Unhappy Re: In the pit.

Hello.
Today i had my first crash with my new serpent. It was driver mistake. (actually mechanic mistake). For rx battery i used servo extension. After couple tanks i decide to recharge my battery. Battery was still in good shape because i just pumped in like 210 mah. I put everything together and took it for the ride. In the first minute something went wrong. Fail safe was activated and my car stopped. Car was away from me so after couple seconds when everything went back to normal i decided to bring it closer.
Then sudenly car gained top speed and went straight to the other side of parking lot. Oh man that parking lot is huge, like 1/2 a mile. I didnt have control over it. Car hit the curb at top speed and went in the air like 8 ft high. When it hit the ground it sat against the curb and the motor was still running. The time i got there (it was far ) the engine died. Tires were grinded down to the rims.
Losts:
chasis - broke in the front
radio plate- broke at one corner (car hit the carb with left wheel)
body - cracked
couple of plastic parts at front and aluminum anti roll bars
I didnt check the servos yet and i hope my engine is ok.
The weird thing is that when i crashed and went to the crash side i noticed that another guy was driving his rc car. I dont think it was radio interferrance it looked more like servo extension got disconnected and rx lost the power.

Max

Wlell sorry to here about your mishap. Sounds like someone was on your channell and took over your car.Hope you get it repaired correctly and no more is damaged than you can see.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Ehm, Sow, you have to help me think of a good excuse about where I am this coming weekend
Errr ... Conference of Mobile Usability Studies?

Like my cycling team mate who told his wife the new wheels she saw were actually mine, which I had lent him, as I didn't use them any more Coward!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.