Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2003, 06:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: I-manual 710

Originally posted by clmbia45
Step 2.5 seems to be missing a drawing for explaination.
Grub screw (h16) and the hole into which it fits are not pictured.
Yup, you are right ! I guess Serpent needs to update that. My guess is that the 4 x 4 grub screw (H16) goes directly into the opposite direction of the diff assembly where the E18 screw goes in.

Much like step 3.5 in the 705 manual but then the diff uses a 5 x 5 grub screw.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
I concur. For a race, what I usually do is I'll use a 3 mm ball tip allen (excellent for this job) to screw the shock pivot ball onto the H12 setscrew real tight. The setscrew would initially protrude like about 2 mm like Glenn mentioned.

Then, I use a 1.5 allen to BACK OUT the H12 setscrew so that the shock pivot ball is fully threaded onto the setscrew.

When you need to take off the shocks, then just do a reverse of the above. This is what I do anyways. Some may or may not disagree.

This is what I do too.
Would it weaken the mounting if you leave the setscrew in? I left it that way for my first race and it seemed to hold up.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

I just wanted to thank you all for the setup information for the 705 (even if this is the 710 thread)! I picked up my kit a month or so ago and have one race so far. I have a question about the tank mounting. I moved the spacer that goes between the tank and the top plate so its now above the tank. It lowers the tank another 1/8" or so and still leaves enough room for the batteries below. Is this okay to do? Or will I have fuel delivery problems?
Old 11-25-2003, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

If the spacer is rubber i would say keep it underneath the tank because your fuel will bubble. I read in a post to put some fuel line under then tank on the post to stop some of vibration, if its sitting on the chassis it might get more vibration and your fuel will bubble more.
Old 11-25-2003, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

I kept an O ring between the tank and the plate for that very reason. The tank looked so high when I put the car together.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: 710 underweight-how to add weights?

Looking at the chassis, I don't think there are any provisional spaces where the weights can be put at the lowest level in the centreline axis like the XRay Raycer.

Perhaps, you can get an excuse to put bling bling aluminum parts without feeling any guilt !

But seriously, do gas powered cars really need to be balanced left and right weight distribution wise like what you do on eletric cars?
How about putting a few more coating on the body? That should give a very even weight distribution.
But then again butting more weight up top is a bad idea....
Old 11-25-2003, 08:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Check out the price this Company is Offering

Originally posted by JABRONI
710 offering, Check this site out, ?359.99

Buddy of mine sent me this link!!!!!!!!!

True or not, wonder if they are for real !!!!!

http://warrickcustomhobbies.com/insi...dex.php?cat=74
thats the price the car is being offered in Hong Kong as well
Old 11-25-2003, 10:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by ammdrew
boy that would be something.. Maybe in florida..

I have always balanced my car left and right, since the pro there has been two little dimples in the middle of the chassie on each end, and hudy made these two little tac looking things( http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=2215), if you put them in the chassie you will know if it is balanced.. the first time i ever went to try this( just looking for a edge) I found that the car was nearly perfectly balanced, just by luck.. and almost always my serpents have been really really close to neutral left and right.. but if i were to add weight i would always try and keep it centered and low..If I had to choose though I would consider the tweak of the car more important than the weight being slightly off..
looks like I may have to add some with this new car.. It will be the first time I have ever gone to tech and not been told my brick passed.
Hey are you getting out of serpent?? I see that you're selling your 705 on ebay!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=19168
Old 11-26-2003, 12:54 AM
Tech Adept

I concur. For a race, what I usually do is I'll use a 3 mm ball tip allen (excellent for this job) to screw the shock pivot ball onto the H12 setscrew real tight. The setscrew would initially protrude like about 2 mm like Glenn mentioned.

Then, I use a 1.5 allen to BACK OUT the H12 setscrew so that the shock pivot ball is fully threaded onto the setscrew.

When you need to take off the shocks, then just do a reverse of the above. This is what I do anyways. Some may or may not disagree.

This is what I do too.
InitialD: Have you got a photo off that? I am a visual person to see what you mean?

SN
Old 11-26-2003, 04:59 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

no not a chance.. to date no one has put forth anything worthy of switching platforms nor do I see anything in the near future..

I will be in a snake at winternats..
Old 11-26-2003, 05:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ok, I give up... What does the extra GFB mean?

Gasping For Breath

Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada

Last edited by GlennCauley; 11-26-2003 at 05:51 AM.
Old 11-26-2003, 05:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: I-manual 710

Originally posted by clmbia45
Step 2.5 seems to be missing a drawing for explaination.
Grub screw (h16) and the hole into which it fits are not pictured.
Step 2.5 of the 710 i-Manual has now been updated with the proper graphic.

Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada

Last edited by GlennCauley; 11-26-2003 at 06:02 AM.
Old 11-26-2003, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default PARTS LIST

OK,

It's the 26:th where is the parts list??? I think I am going crazy hitting the parts list link on mytsn and just getting the "There are no parts" thing pop up Impatient? Yepp !!!
Old 11-26-2003, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Talking Re: Re: Re: I-manual 710

Originally posted by GlennCauley
Step 2.5 of the 710 i-Manual has now been updated with the proper graphic.

Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada
tnx
jack
Old 11-26-2003, 09:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Re: PARTS LIST

Originally posted by fmolzer
OK,

It's the 26:th where is the parts list??? I think I am going crazy hitting the parts list link on mytsn and just getting the "There are no parts" thing pop up Impatient? Yepp !!!
Not to mention....next to the "PART LIST" there is a "(10)" right next to it, means there are 10 listed title inside that directory, and after I click on the list, I've got......."There is NO PARTS"...

Well, time to talk to the IT ppl man...........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.