Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 01:33 PM
Tech Regular

sn4il im form the broxn started my car for the frist time today wanan meet at orcahrd beach ne day i started my car today for the mfirst time it crashed broek the lower bumper plate and scratche dmy muffler mayeb u can help me set the car up
Old 09-25-2004, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Location: The Milkyway/Planet Earth/Europe/Sweden/Skåne/Malmö

Hehe sow, I cant wait that long If I buy it for X-mas, and then builds it for, lets say a week if I do it slowly, then I have a whole bunch of months just to look at it, and if the cars is as nice as the 710, it's not boring
Old 09-25-2004, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by New_Toasted
Hehe sow, I cant wait that long If I buy it for X-mas, and then builds it for, lets say a week if I do it slowly, then I have a whole bunch of months just to look at it, and if the cars is as nice as the 710, it's not boring
Well, I guess you can have the car perfect by the time its warm and dry enough to drive it.
Old 09-25-2004, 06:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

sn4il im form the broxn started my car for the frist time today wanan meet at orcahrd beach ne day i started my car today for the mfirst time it crashed broek the lower bumper plate and scratche dmy muffler mayeb u can help me set the car up
Hey Bxclip. You are more than welcome to join me. Im a new driver and its my first rc car. Of course i would love to help You.
I'll be at Orchard Beach tomorow from 8 AM to 1PM. I should be there next weekend also. Im planning to practice there for couple weeks then i'll go to a real track probably Dear Park LI, Floyd Bennet Field Brooklyn or Edison NJ.

Max
Old 09-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by sn4il
Hey Bxclip. You are more than welcome to join me. Im a new driver and its my first rc car. Of course i would love to help You.
I'll be at Orchard Beach tomorow from 8 AM to 1PM. I should be there next weekend also. Im planning to practice there for couple weeks then i'll go to a real track probably Dear Park LI, Floyd Bennet Field Brooklyn or Edison NJ.

Max
ill try to come tomorrow u got aim?
Old 09-25-2004, 07:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

ill try to come tomorrow u got aim?
No, I dont. Sry.
Max
Old 09-25-2004, 08:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi.
How do You guys start Your car every time? Do you remove shell or just cut holes for glow driver and HSN?
Max
Old 09-25-2004, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

Max
Hey sn4il let me know when your gonna go to floyd or deer park I may meet you there .I live a couple of exits away from deerpark but I have not raced there yet. I usually go to floyd most of the time . But this summer I haven't been able to race like I wanted to due to Family stuff and A car accident that messed up my wrist on my control hand.
Old 09-25-2004, 09:21 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Hi.
How do You guys start Your car every time? Do you remove shell or just cut holes for glow driver and HSN?
Max

You need to cut holes in front and rear windsheilds and the hole in roof for glow driver. But to adjust needles I pull off the body to do major tuning.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by InitialD
Splutter as in choking or splutter as in sounding rich?

How many full turns out on your HSN and LSN? Are you using the carb insert?
Hi guys just a quick update in the JP well i installed a hotter glow plug and a pressure chamber (we wont ask who makes the chamber!) And It seems to have come to life! This engine flies!!
So thanks to Mark and D and anybody else who gave me advise onmy problem.

Brett
Old 09-26-2004, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: New parts online

Originally posted by pelos
Are you incredible negative?
huh?
Old 09-26-2004, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: New parts online

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Yeah, I saw that but the wifey was making comments about a how two boxes, one from HK and one from Holland is taking up the post box at home.
I have one post box reserved for packages from Holland
Old 09-26-2004, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KevinS
Talking about screws...for those looking for Ti screws, The Border has added some for prices that ain't half bad, a least the shorter ones.
http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/home.php?cat=617
If someone would put together a bag of ti screws for the 710, it would be much cheaper still.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

engine starts. After couple tanks with HSN adjusted to the rich side i decided to lean it and brought her to the limit. Oh man, this baby flies. I really enjoy it.
Cool!! Keep an eye on the engine temp, though. It is very easy to get carried away with leaning the engine and suddenly finding a melted engine in your car

I still need to adjust geometry and a brake a bit. It looks like the left rear wheel has more grip when i hit the brake. Im also planing on installing fron shaft lock.
With the one-way you have to ensure that your brakes are set so that the wheels don't lock-up. a Good starting point is to adjust the brake strength on your TX unit until your cars wheels don't lock when you push the car (with your hand) on the track. This will show you approximately how light your brakes have to be set. Once you have this setting, you can increase the braking strength whilst running on the track, as the car won't lock its wheels so easy when it is up to speed and the tyres are up to temp.

But to start out with, a locked front is much easier to handle.

How can i determine my driving skills and how can i know when im ready to take it to the track and drive with others?
Go to the track when it is quiet, as driving on the track is a whole lot different in any case and you need to get used to that.
Clubs are usually friendly to new folks, as everyone was once a beginner. Really it is best to just get on the track and practice - like I say choose the times when it is quieter. We often get guys turning up for the first time and no one minds - everyone drives a bit more carefully when the new guy is on the track.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Its a superb car. Barring problems with bad luck, I'm going as far as saying it'll be World Champion in Brazil next month.
Oh boy - he's done it again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.