Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
but not so well travelled - met them all here
Sounds like you're a magnet for them!
Old 09-24-2004, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Sounds like you're a magnet for them!
Not too sure about that - but I've cut down now I couldn't take the strain of it all anymore!
Old 09-24-2004, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Default New parts online

Hi all Serpent fanatics,

There are some new parts online at the border.

Go to: http://shop.the-border.nl/customer/h...at=487&page=13

Check it out.

Bye Thomas
Old 09-24-2004, 07:40 AM

Originally posted by SERPENTFREAK69
CAN U GET A PIC FROM ANOTHER ANGLE SO I CAN CHECK OUT THAT MONOBLOCK?THANKS CHOCO
not sure which angle you need, but hope it helps,

0.8mm lowered........
Old 09-24-2004, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Pyramid
.... 0.8mm lowered........
Old 09-24-2004, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re:

Hi Pyramid,

0.8mm lowered........
Nice job

Did you also do some cutting on the flywheel?

Is it not touching the ground?

Bye Thomas
Old 09-24-2004, 07:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi.
Tomorow im taking my serpent out to drive for the first time.
I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips before i crash this thing. How should i set up a failsafe? Whats gonna happen when rx battery die? I have Futaba 3PK.
I know the question about switch was asked couple times here but no1 really gave a good answer. Should i use it? I know most of You guys dont bother with the switch, but how do You connect your battery ? Do You have to remove RX tray every time You want to connect battery to rx?

I know that those questions for most of You sounds lame but hey, i dont want to learn the hard way

Max
Old 09-24-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by sn4il
Hi.
I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips before i crash this thing. How should i set up a failsafe? Whats gonna happen when rx battery die? I have Futaba 3PK.
I know the question about switch was asked couple times here but no1 really gave a good answer. Should i use it? I know most of You guys dont bother with the switch, but how do You connect your battery ? Do You have to remove RX tray every time You want to connect battery to rx?

I know that those questions for most of You sounds lame but hey, i dont want to learn the hard way

Max
Good questions. Repeats but we'll try to answer ...

In your case, the first thing to do is ensure that all of your servos, steering, throttle and brake linkages are not binding. The most common one prone to this is the throttle/brake servo and its linkages. Make sure that at neutral, your servo is putting just enough load onto the carb to keep it closed and when you're on full throttle, it opens just enough to open the carb (take the air filter off and check).

The same when you apply brakes. Make sure the linkage/servo is braking enough but NOT to the point where you're almost pushing the carb and engine off its blocks!

If you get this right and you've charged your batteries right, you should be able to finish a reasonable day's practise without needing to recharge (probably 8 to 10 tanks).

If you have the switch and not sure what to do (I remember someone, probably me, posting a reply to you and pointing to Glenn's articles at myTSN but obviously you haven't gone there to read), then use the switch.

As for your failsafe, if you're talking about the built-in one on the 3PK, read the book and set it to apply brakes when RX power is low or when there is interference. You can set the steering too but this will depend on what your track layout is like. Normally I set mine to turn inbound. So if I'm racing clockwise, it'll be set to full right.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Default First time

Hi Sn4il,

The first time you drive a new car you can setup the car with some play on the suspension parts. This way you keep out some stress so that the parts can settle them selfs.

Don't tighten the diff that much, because this parts needs to be broken in.

As for the switch;
If you use a servo extensionlead between the battery and the reciever, you can use this as a switch.
You can mount it on the radioplate.
This way you can also charge your battery wheil they are still in your car.

Bye Thomas
Old 09-24-2004, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

0.8mm lowered........
Pyramid always goes one better
Old 09-24-2004, 08:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you have the switch and not sure what to do (I remember someone, probably me, posting a reply to you and pointing to Glenn's articles at myTSN but obviously you haven't gone there to read), then use the switch.
I dont think it was me, I read all the articles and whatever i can find on the net.
I think my servos are fine, i set everything up according to this FAQ

I just worry about clutch and gearbox. But i think i would have to play with this at the track.

Thnx
Max
Old 09-24-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

As for the switch;
If you use a servo extensionlead between the battery and the reciever, you can use this as a switch.
You can mount it on the radioplate.
This way you can also charge your battery wheil they are still in your car.

Bye Thomas
Thats a BINGO for me
Thnx
Old 09-24-2004, 08:11 AM
Suspended

0.8mm lowered........
will my rb concepts v12 fit these monoblock?i hope choco
Old 09-24-2004, 08:24 AM
Tech Elite

Hi.

Max
I have the Futaba 3PJ, but you need a PCM receiver to take advantage of the failsafe. If you have a PCM receiver then just do as Sow says: follow the instructions in the TX's manual.

The battery lasts a long time, but if you don't have a failsafe and the battery goes flat, then you're car is off on a ride of its own! It is best to recharge it after you've played for a couple of hours - best of all have a second battery pack, so you don't have to stop playing

Set the brake linkage so that when you press the throttle trigger forward the breaks come on straight away, but when you release the trigger, the brakes disengage. Set brake strength with the ATV setting on the TX unit - make sure you set it fairly low otherwise you're going to spin the car if you're running a one was, or if you're running the solid front, you just lock all the wheels. An ATV % of 30 is a good start.

Setup the throttle side, so that the slider in the carb is fully open when you pull the throttle trigger fully back - but check that it as you press the throttle the carb opens with the movement of the throttle trigger, i.e. doesn'T open fully until you fully depress the trigger.
Another check is to ensure the throttle is closed when you let go of the throttle - if not you need to adjust the centre point of the servo with your TX unit (see your manual). Also when you press the throttle trigger in the brake direction, ensure that the carb throttle move backwards - if it does, this means that the throttle isn't full closed when you let go of the throttle - again, adjust this with the centring function of the TX unit.

Make sure you set the setup as accurately as possible - otherwise the handling won't be so good.
Also a badly setup car may mean that for example the pivot balls aren't screwed in far enough in the suspension arms, which could lead to the pillow balls being pulled out in a crash.

I suspect a lot of the people who complained about the 710 being a Glass Car (where is our friend these days!!!) were actually too incompetent/lazy to fully setup the car and therefore some components weren't mounted as they should have been!!

Check the rear width is at most 200mm wide (measure with a ruler under the car - car on the ground) and that the left/right sides are both 100mm from the centre line.
The front should also be at most 200mm check this the same way as the back.

Have a read through the 710 FAQ, there are a lot of tips in there. Print it out and take it with you.

Take things easy at first, as the 710 will move pretty fast on full throttle

Anything else?

Cheers, Mark.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

I dont think it was me, I read all the articles and whatever i can find on the net.
I think my servos are fine, i set everything up according to this FAQ

I just worry about clutch and gearbox. But i think i would have to play with this at the track.

Thnx
Max
Check out the FAQ in my signature, too - there are something covered in the Daltonshop FAQ which aren't in mine and vice-versa.

Setup the clutch exactly how Glenn recommends and you can't go far wrong as long as you accurately measure everything. Then make the fine tuning at the track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.