Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 07:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: picco xp12R

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Next time go kick your friend's MTX as well.
I won't let that happen Sow....that is my old 710 and when I sold it to him part of the deal was he could not pass me as long as he owned it.

Bobby, forgot to ask you. How did you find tuning the Picco ... easy?

Also, your local track is where the WinterNats is run?

Thanks!
As far as tuning his Picco from my prespective is it is not consistent it is fast though.

Our local track would actually be Full Throttle Speedway in Kissimmee....which was devasted by a hurricane that passed through here last Friday. The WinterNats are held in Ft Myers which is about 30 miles or so were the hurricane made landfall with 145mph winds. I have not heard anything about the Ft Myers track so hopefully it did better than our track in Kissimmee. To see pictures go into the Electric Onroad Forum and they are in the 2004 world warmups. Are you coming over here to race the WinterNats?
Old 08-17-2004, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: RR12L3

Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
I run a RRL3 and it is very quick for a tight track, and this leads me into my question

Our track is super tight through the infield and i have been reading the xxx main set up booklet (good reading!) and i now understand the basics however i am finding that a clutch that engages harshly and quickly is not nessecerly good because i have heaps of understeer through the infield (when accelarating) i have tried harder rear springs, decreasing the front droop and adding a front ball diff, but to no avail. The car is excellent through the rest of the track, but just not through a tight chicane after an hairpin (we come to an almost stop then go), were it just wants to go straight when turning!
any ideas? as i dont like the car with a slipping clutch it just feels slow! or is this the answer
now what do u suggest a mugen x-12 ns3 or the rrl3 are they both roar legal does nayone no where i can get a x-12 for under 299? and whats a good starter box to get for the engine? and is the rd logics turbo II pipe as good as the novarossi cause its like $20 cheaper
Old 08-17-2004, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Ooops! You're right! I'd better get my act together now. A 5-port JP-FX should do the trick ... waddaya think?
I think *sniff* I think *cough* I think I want to cry

Ah ... maybe you're right. Anyway, the FAQ needs updating. The short wheel base mod I did is amazing. Well worth doing for foams.
Ooof - hit where it hurts!!! Is the short wheelbase mod suitable only for short tight tracks in your oppinion?
Old 08-17-2004, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Herbie
So Sow doing some research for the winternats next year!?!?!?!!?

I presume you watched the Ray Wood dvd of the winternats several times
Doing research him Man he's over in the US every other week - reckons it is for business *PAH!* If anyone sees a guy there with an Obi-Wan Kenobi suit on at the winternats track......that's Sow

But I hold the record of watching the Winternats DVD every single frame
Old 08-17-2004, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: picco xp12R

Originally posted by kreidel
I won't let that happen Sow....that is my old 710 and when I sold it to him part of the deal was he could not pass me as long as he owned it.
Hmm could young master Kriedel be the new owner of the Ring?

Our local track would actually be Full Throttle Speedway in Kissimmee....which was devasted by a hurricane that passed through here last Friday. The WinterNats are held in Ft Myers which is about 30 miles or so were the hurricane made landfall with 145mph winds. I have not heard anything about the Ft Myers track so hopefully it did better than our track in Kissimmee. To see pictures go into the Electric Onroad Forum and they are in the 2004 world warmups. Are you coming over here to race the WinterNats?
Is your local track completely wasted? Hopefully it can be "put-back-together"?

Sow and myself are doing a two-pronged attack on the winternats next year Two old guys without a hope in hell
Old 08-17-2004, 07:59 AM
Tech Regular

i have a problem with the differential. i put the bearing sin and when i go to put the other side it the ball bearings stops it form getting close enoguh to hold the balls it. i think its step 3.0
Old 08-17-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just ordered my 710 yesturday. I was just wondering if there are any upgrades that I need to get before I get it and put it together. I was also reading in earlier post that the steering servos are a little problem. Any suggestions on what servos fit and work better than others would be great.
Thanks
Old 08-17-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by markp27
Doing research him Man he's over in the US every other week - reckons it is for business *PAH!* If anyone sees a guy there with an Obi-Wan Kenobi suit on at the winternats track......that's Sow

Hey I saw Obi yesterday he was on the Dutch telly but didn't do any rc-racing though

Guess I need to watch that dvd of Ray more often then
Old 08-17-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Is the short wheelbase mod suitable only for short tight tracks in your oppinion?
In my opinion ... don't think I have one.

No seriously, personally I like having that much more steering for hairpins. So, regardless of track size, if you feel that there is a hairpin where you may want or need to do some overtaking on the inside then this mod is for you.

Depending on your driving style and *ahem* standard, you may want to adjust your steering exponential so that on larger tracks you're not too "wavy".
Old 08-17-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

So Sow doing some research for the winternats next year!?!?!?!!?

I presume you watched the Ray Wood dvd of the winternats several times
Well, I have to admit ... I think if I'm serious about going then I have to. I don't know how the engines are going to behave, I don't know that I'll be able to tune 3-ports properly now that I've been using 5-ports for a few years and I think the biggest challenge there is I need to learn how to last 5 minutes!

The DVD will be my bible from now on even though I must have watched it 20 times already. The next thing is to get that "ever so long to come" Virtual RC software ...
Old 08-17-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Depending on your driving style and *ahem* standard
HAH! I knew I saw that hooded Obi-Wan figure at my track the other week
Old 08-17-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: picco xp12R

Originally posted by kreidel
Ah so its you kreidel! Well, I don't think you need to make that deal then, heard you're a fast one over there!

As far as tuning his Picco from my prespective is it is not consistent it is fast though.
That's the old "disease" of Picco isn't it? Looks like they haven't licked that issue yet. I'm worried that this is also now in the Mega ... Master Salven's car flamed out during one of his stops too during the Euro Champs. Maybe the stop was too long for the tyre change though.

MarkP and I are hoping to come over for the next WinterNats ... so yes. Hopefully the schedules work out because I go to the US regularly on business.

Will you be there too?
Old 08-17-2004, 08:53 AM
Tech Adept

The DVD will be my bible from now on even though I must have watched it 20 times already. The next thing is to get that "ever so long to come" Virtual RC software ...
Looked at the site of the game and downloaded some of the movies. Really looks nice hopefully it will be made with the gameportadapter so you can use your own tx on it.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

May the force be you young apprentice!

After seeing Yoda flying around with the light sabre in SW2, I think he's faster then me so yes, Obi-Wan is my kinda guy ... slooow and steeaady.

I'm going to check if my rickety old DVD player can do that! Else I'll disect every frame on my PC!
Old 08-17-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Looked at the site of the game and downloaded some of the movies. Really looks nice hopefully it will be made with the gameportadapter so you can use your own tx on it.
I played with the demo during the Hobby Show at the NEC recently. I think its close to the real thing in terms of driving behaviour so it'll be cool.

The guy at the booth showed me some USB adapters as well as other small widgets which you can use to adapt even your actual Tx so its going in the right direction in terms of controls ... I use steering wheels you see ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.