Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
About the new rims, I had a brief tryout on Saturday morning before I was plagued by the engine problem throughout the weekend. Did not true the tires and ran it out of the box at 65 mm !

Here are some of the things I noticed;

1. Mounting it on the 710 makes the trackwidth wider. Something like 3 to 4 mm wider (front and rear) than say using Speedmind tires. Perhaps that was what makes the car a little sluggish on top of the thick tires.
Really! 3 or 4mm is a heck of a lot. I'd just finished the rebuild of my car, so I didn't try my old tyres before mounting the Serpent rims.

2. The plastic of the wheel is pretty rigid. Could stand very hard impact. Also important thing I noticed is the foam on the new Ellegis had a lot of meat ! The plastic rim was only about 48 mm in diameter which means 17 mm worth of foam. I think that's about the same as the Speedmind tires.
Mine stood up to a wheel-bending impact without any damage.

3. Tires wore down very good from the two tank I got out of it. Front and rear tires wore exactly the same ! I think the front tire compound (or perhaps the rear too) are a little different from the older Ellegis.
Mine, too - even left-to-right seemed to wear pretty even Just the one rear tyre wore more than the rest, but I think there was something wrong with my car (perhaps the wheel was binding somewhat)

4. Traction was pretty grippy for 40 shore.
They certainly seem to have good side bite, but I found the overall grip lower than the 40s from New Arrows, but I think New Arrows badges 37s as 40s

5. Colour of the wheel is LOUD.
I like it! :nod
Old 09-26-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: In the pit.

Max, sorry to hear of your loss. Good to know that you have a fighting spirit.

What throttle servo are you using?
Oh sure i have a fighting spirit. I already took this car to the state it comes with the kit. I cleaned and inspected all the parts. It looks like my servos survived the crash.I use 2 Futaba S9550.
Engine looks good also.
I would also have to replace fuel tank which broke in half, servo saver's bearings and cups which i lost and 1 shock (little shaft broke in half).

InitialD: I didnt solder anything, i used stock 5 cells 730 Mah NiMH battery. Like You said, it couldnt be radio interferrance. Car was going straight like an arrow.
Well if i get all the parts locally the car might be ready tomorow

Max
Old 09-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Another one for the FAQ

Originally posted by markp27
You're a sly old fox, Sow Gone are the days of Wifey been worried about finding lipstick on the collar - it's now Nitro and grease!
No, just don't wanna confuse matters!
Old 09-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

I had a VERY unproductive weekend. For some reason, my engine would not want to start. Oh, one of those days when everything had to go wrong. Even the nut that locks the carb came out ! By sheer luck, it fell on my starter box. Phew !

And to top it all of, I had to lock my wifey out at the back garden as I was about to leave the house for the track. Poor wifey did not know and only after I had reached the track that she had to make a distress call to my neighbour to get me to come home and rescue wifey. Kinda appropriate to be talking about wifeys at the end of the weekend.

ROFLOL!!!
Old 09-26-2004, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
...This weekend was very unproductive for me, too - GF birthday party and rain the whole time May still get out before flying to the UK to kicks Sows......
Old 09-26-2004, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

About the new rims, I had a brief tryout on Saturday morning before I was plagued by the engine problem throughout the weekend. ...
You'll see a wierd article I'm posting at 3hobby.com later this week about my day of engine problems.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by sn4il
I dont know if its possible with fail safe activated. If the signal is weak (both transmitters in that case) fail safe would stoped the car. I know the fail safe was working because i turned transmitter off and servo went to exact position i set.
Whats weird is that fail safe did activate couple second the car took off. Probably receiver lost the power for short period of time then went back on then lost it for good.
At least i could ask the guy which channel he was on.
Max
Yes I had it happen if someone was on the exact channel if he was closer .I have seen it take over the car .
Old 09-26-2004, 06:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default parts

Does any1 know how long it takes to get some parts from http://www.rc-mushroom.com/ to the states?
Any1 using aluminum pulleys? Is it worth to upgrade them?

Max
Old 09-26-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Regular

Lightbulb Re: parts

Does any1 know how long it takes to get some parts from http://www.rc-mushroom.com/ to the states?

Max
From experience they come in a couple of days as long as item is in stock and you pay for the fast shipping.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Re:

Originally posted by 840918001
Did you also do some cutting on the flywheel?

Is it not touching the ground?

Bye Thomas
I`ve done 1mm lowered on the standard block before and no problem for flywheel (without cutting). I believe flywheel will be level with bottom of chassis if you cut engine mount at 2.5mm. But then at 2.5mm your installed engine (bottom part) will hit the chassis first before the engine mount just like what happened with 0.8mm lowered on the new monoblock which my RR12 could not fit in. But then a fast dremel job to remove some material (0.4mm kind of) on the lower part (base) will solve the mess
Old 09-26-2004, 07:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: New Servo Lever

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Try the 1mm first and you won't have a problem.
Thanks, next week I will try again.
Yesterday race is quite messed up The tracktion change and i can not adapt fast enough.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:50 PM

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Servo Lever

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Thanks, next week I will try again.
Yesterday race is quite messed up The tracktion change and i can not adapt fast enough.
Looks like we reach office at the same time and do the same thing
Old 09-27-2004, 12:18 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re alu pulley's

Hi,

I have used alu pulley's on my old 705.
I find the regular composit pulley's more smooth then the alu one's if threated with runnertime free.

I spraid some runnertime free in a cup, and then put the pulley's in so they get fulley oiled.
I did the same with the belts, and the result is a extremely smooth drive train.
The alu pulley's are more heavy, and therefore not very usefull on the car.
You want to be the rotating mass as low as possible, so you can better stick with the composite one's.

Try runnertimme free!
I'm sure you won't get dissapointed.

Thomas
Old 09-27-2004, 12:53 AM

Default Re: parts

Max
If u r talking about 3racing alum pulleys for S710, stay far far away from it their quality does not even worth a cent
Old 09-27-2004, 02:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: parts

Originally posted by Pyramid
If u r talking about 3racing alum pulleys for S710, stay far far away from it their quality does not even worth a cent
I have been using them pulleys for over 9 months and they are still good but they cost more than a cent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.