Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2003, 05:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

New Toasted In my opinon I would keep the car that you have and keep learning the car and better your driving ability.There is nothing wrong with the car that you have right now.Keep driving it and when you get to a point where you can wheel the car around the track on a consistant basis and under stand the working of the car and you want more than you switch but until you do that I would stay with the car that you have.Thats my opinon.Its all about driving and a smoother person is a faster person.
Old 11-27-2003, 05:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by utopian
I do not think we can get the tyre and rim of the old 'Excel' from Serpent. I had asked our local agent for the parts of my out-dated Vector NT and they answered that they had still some parts in stock. However, while the stock sold out, I have to order parts from Serpent via them and the shipment takes approximate 3 to 6 weeks. Obviously, it is very inconvenience for racing with an old model.
Order from rccarinternational.com if you must - I just ordered a load of Vector NT parts and they where shipped after a couple of days.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 11-27-2003, 05:16 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

if serpent has the parts then it is your dealers that are not stocking them....
Old 11-27-2003, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

Location: The Milkyway/Planet Earth/Europe/Sweden/Skåne/Malmö

Now I Heard so many positive replies about keeping my Impulse PRO/705 so I think i'll keep it
The thing with the parts is nothing, i got parts for my 5 year old Impact without problems..
And I still got my old Impact as well and the suspension arms etc. are the same as the Impulse ones.

I think I'll make it, and because I get a new engine in a while I will just have to buy a new car (the S-710) when I'll need it..
Old 11-27-2003, 06:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yea I also have alot of parts I have 2 impacts an impulse and a 705.I know Serpent will still have the parts so theres nothing to worry about ,but like I said I would run the car and when you get to the point where you need more cause you have the driving and car down than I would switch
Old 11-27-2003, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 710 Setup Book

Hi all,

Serpent will shortly be posting their new 710 Setup Book on myTSN, so it will be available for download.

This excellent new book contains a wealth of information including:

* basic setup information about how to set up the 710 to default settings... what things you need to connect/disconnect... what setup apparatus to use... how to make the adjustments...

* advanced setup information that describes (in detail) the effect of changing all of the various settings on the car

* a comprehensive quick reference table that describes the best ways to change the handling of your car... if it understeers, do this... if it traction rolls, do that... and gives you the best order to change things for each condition... tires first, anti-roll bars second... and so on and so on...

The full-colour manual contains detailed images, and the printed version of the manual will be pocket-size so you can bring it along to the track and refer to it quite easily.

Just one more way that Serpent gives you the best!

Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada

Last edited by GlennCauley; 11-27-2003 at 07:17 AM.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:32 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by serpentracer1
but like I said I would run the car and when you get to the point where you need more cause you have the driving and car down than I would switch
Old 11-27-2003, 07:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
Order from rccarinternational.com if you must - I just ordered a load of Vector NT parts and they where shipped after a couple of days.
Agreed. RCCarinternational can get almost anything Serpent from my experience with them. If you're further away from EU, the shipping may take a little longer like a month or so but the shipping is pretty reasonable and cheap.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:39 AM
Tech Prophet

I do not think we can get the tyre and rim of the old 'Excel' from Serpent.
Julius' own words...

Originally posted by Julius
Serpent has always provided long term support for their "older" cars. It will be more dependant on the LHS if they will order parts. We still have parts for the Excel which stopped shipping in 96...

Julius
Old 11-27-2003, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Location: The Milkyway/Planet Earth/Europe/Sweden/Skåne/Malmö

Just to check on TSN, if it doesnt say "discontinued" you're still able to order it.. And my experience so far says that Serpent has got a very good "part-uppkeep" of their older cars...

I don't think its any need to keep discussing this things now, now lets go back to the 710
Old 11-27-2003, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Smile Re: 710 Setup Book

Originally posted by GlennCauley
Hi all,

Serpent will shortly be posting their new 710 Setup Book on myTSN, so it will be available for download.

This excellent new book contains a wealth of information including:

* basic setup information about how to set up the 710 to default settings... what things you need to connect/disconnect... what setup apparatus to use... how to make the adjustments...

* advanced setup information that describes (in detail) the effect of changing all of the various settings on the car

* a comprehensive quick reference table that describes the best ways to change the handling of your car... if it understeers, do this... if it traction rolls, do that... and gives you the best order to change things for each condition... tires first, anti-roll bars second... and so on and so on...

The full-colour manual contains detailed images, and the printed version of the manual will be pocket-size so you can bring it along to the track and refer to it quite easily.

Just one more way that Serpent gives you the best!

Glenn Cauley
Ottawa, Canada
That is an incredible service that Serpent is making available to ALL for free on the web. They could easily sell that kind of a set-up guide, as the principles apply to all cars. For example, the amount of information and explaination you get on how to set up the MTX3, is zzzZIP.
Old 11-27-2003, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Gearing for the Winter Nats

Michael,
what is your best guess for the initial pinion and spur gears values for Fort Myers? I'm asking so we can get some idea of what gears to bring, as I'm hoping to bring an adequate selection with me. tnx
Old 11-27-2003, 03:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

I do not think we can get the tyre and rim of the old 'Excel' from Serpent. I had asked our local agent for the parts of my out-dated Vector NT and they answered that they had still some parts in stock. However, while the stock sold out, I have to order parts from Serpent via them and the shipment takes approximate 3 to 6 weeks. Obviously, it is very inconvenience for racing with an old model.
Utopian, if you need spares and tires for the excel and Vector seroes, you can contact our local distributor in Venezuela. He had a huge inventory for those cars. Just let me know and i will give you his e-mail
Old 11-27-2003, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Gearing for the Winter Nats

Originally posted by clmbia45
Michael,
what is your best guess for the initial pinion and spur gears values for Fort Myers? I'm asking so we can get some idea of what gears to bring, as I'm hoping to bring an adequate selection with me. tnx
45, this year at the Winternat´s we use 16-19 / 49-45 with the short transmission. Maybe this should be work, but you never know. I will bring all the selection. Just in case
Old 11-27-2003, 06:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Gearing for the Winter Nats

Originally posted by Paolo M
45, this year at the Winternat´s we use 16-19 / 49-45 with the short transmission. Maybe this should be work, but you never know. I will bring all the selection. Just in case
Paolo, are you guys still planning to use the 705 at the Winternats? That would be 6.54 and 5.06 for the final drive ratios respectively.

Question... Why use the short transmission ratio when with the stock internal pulleys and with 15/18 pinions and 49/45 spurs you can also achieve about the same final drive ratios of 6.53 and 5 respectively?

Also, wouldn't it be better to drop down the 1st gear pinion to 15 and use the 50T 1st gear spur instead?

I guess the 2nd gear final drive ratio is about right since that is what is used by Kenji on his MTX-3 at last year's Winternats.

Anyway, I believe when talking about gearing for a particular track, attention should be given also on the tire rollout. I have not raced at the Ft Myers before ( ) but looking at Kenji's setup sheet for last year's Winternats, he used about 61 mm tires with 16/47 (7.42) with 21/42 gearing (5.05). That translates to about close to 38 mm of tire rollout per engine revolution. So since the final drive ratio for the 2nd gear is about the same, you need to start with about 61 mm tires.

Of course, all this gearing talk depends on engine tuning, clutch setup, pipe combo and tire wear !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.