Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Voodo_Magic
Tried all of that still very slow reaching top end changed pipe to a nova rossi turbo 6mm and still no change
I have the same problem with mid to end power...but when it does reach top, it's FAST.
Old 09-22-2004, 12:09 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by crashed_1
I have the same problem with mid to end power...but when it does reach top, it's FAST.
What did you do
Old 09-22-2004, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

No worries...sow's on his OS. Heard you got everyone to halt exporting FX engines to the UK...

Mine binds badly. I figured that's the reason why my car does all that wheelies over small bumps on straights. It effects handling badly...

Try unscrewing the set screw that holds the hinge pins on the lower arm. You'll be surprised at how free your arms can be but it's a little dodgy though. I'm doing that to my car and so far so good.
I'll try it out scary!!!
Old 09-22-2004, 01:14 AM
Suspended

Default MONOBLOCK INSTALLED ON 710

DOES ANYONE HAVE A PIC OF THE MONOBLOCK INSTALLED IN THEIR 710?CHOCO
Old 09-22-2004, 01:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: New 2.5/3mm rear bar

Originally posted by InitialD
I think the sway bar settings in general has got a lot to do with relative settings. How hard is the front / rear sway bar compared to the other.

I found that if I set the rear sway bar harder, I would get more on power steering. The rear of the car squares up better and faster in the chicanes.

My sway bar setting with the oneway front;
Hardest (90 degree) in front
Approx 12 mm from edge of the stock 2 mm sway bar and with the sway bar connected to the inner mount on the lower rear arm (not outer as per stock)

Yellow front spring (3rd position on front shock tower)
Red rear spring (3rd position on rear shock tower)
40 wt Serpent Oil with 4x1.2 mm holes all around

Rear diff is medium hard with 40 shore tires all around.

Yeah that's a quick way but I would look into the rear toe in. Less rear toe in = more on power steering not to mention higher top speed.
D

What roll centres are you running front and rear with this setup?
and shock tower positions?

Thanks
Old 09-22-2004, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: MONOBLOCK INSTALLED ON 710

Originally posted by SERPENTFREAK69
DOES ANYONE HAVE A PIC OF THE MONOBLOCK INSTALLED IN THEIR 710?CHOCO
Yep, installed it last night - no running yet, though.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: New 2.5/3mm rear bar

Originally posted by Picard
What roll centres are you running front and rear with this setup? and shock tower positions?
Shock tower position is 3 in the front and 3 in the rear.

Roll center front is without any shim on the upper arms (highest setting). Rear roll center is UTI / LB if I'm not mistaken. I'll check when I get back home. Rear camber is 3.5 left and 4.5 right. Front camber is -2 left and right.

Last edited by InitialD; 09-22-2004 at 02:05 AM.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Tried all of that still very slow reaching top end changed pipe to a nova rossi turbo 6mm and still no change
Without actually hearing how the engine revs or picks up the RPM, I cannot really say for sure if you're really too lean or still rich. But I suspect the HSN is too lean that the engine is choked from getting to the top end. Does your engine overheat?
Old 09-22-2004, 02:05 AM
Tech Prophet

You have problem with your FX engine? That's strange. Not that I can see.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:16 AM
Tech Prophet

What did you do
Voodo_Magic, curious to know how long the pressure line from the tank to the pipe? I run about 18 to 20 cm.

Last resort would be to check the fuel tank. Try and get a swap on the tank to see if that is the root of your problem. I thought I read somewhere on mytsn that someone had a faulty tank which will gave engine tuning problems.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:02 AM

Originally posted by redsand
Peter, are those new 710 stuff avail in Jkt yet ? If so, I will call Suryanto to order for myself and other 710 drivers in Bdg. We need part support from you bro !!

Speaking of the new servo saver, I dont see the difference with the stock one. Tell me what the new one has to offer.
Hallo Pak, I'm writing you here from Changi Airport. They are not sent to DTS JITC yet since we plan to hand carry them this Saturday. In case you are not coming for the race, please call Arifin as all the package should have been with him by now..

New servo saver: those two holes is nearer to the centerline as well as longer to the front of the car compared with standard s saver. Should provide less ackerman by design.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:05 AM
Tech Addict

Voodo_Magic, curious to know how long the pressure line from the tank to the pipe? I run about 18 to 20 cm.

Last resort would be to check the fuel tank. Try and get a swap on the tank to see if that is the root of your problem. I thought I read somewhere on mytsn that someone had a faulty tank which will gave engine tuning problems.
Thanks for all the info D the fuel tank seems to be fine because i run the same tank for my rrl3 and it flies however the pressure line from the tank is pretty short about 15cm. I have just orderd a Mugen (serpent dont make one!) pressure chamber to see if that works.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:06 AM
Tech Addict

Without actually hearing how the engine revs or picks up the RPM, I cannot really say for sure if you're really too lean or still rich. But I suspect the HSN is too lean that the engine is choked from getting to the top end. Does your engine overheat?
Engine is running at 105 at the plug
Old 09-22-2004, 03:17 AM
Tech Prophet

Thanks for all the info D the fuel tank seems to be fine because i run the same tank for my rrl3 and it flies however the pressure line from the tank is pretty short about 15cm.
You got me stumped on that one. If it runs well on the RRL3, then it should not be a problem.
Old 09-22-2004, 03:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Engine is running at 105 at the plug
Have you tried to go leaner like 5 or 10 minutes more on the HSN?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.