R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-09-2010, 01:00 AM   #136
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I decided to go with the Shep V10 after I got sick of waiting around for the MTX5. Call it impatience, but I have not regretted it once. The V10 is absolutely awesome, and leaves the Mugen behind in terms of technological innovation. Definitely a good upgrade.
Mick
Old 01-09-2010, 01:18 AM   #137
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick8488 View Post
I decided to go with the Shep V10 after I got sick of waiting around for the MTX5. Call it impatience, but I have not regretted it once. The V10 is absolutely awesome, and leaves the Mugen behind in terms of technological innovation. Definitely a good upgrade.
Mick
Yes but is the v10 faster? Does it handle better than the MTX4R ? Are any of the newer cars actually faster with the new technological innovations ?
Dont get me wrong I like new innovations but, Mugen never rushes a new kit to the market simply because they know whats out there and they're chassis still can win. More power to you Im in no way bashing the people that like to purchase new kits when they hit the market, Just my MTX4R can post the same lap times as all of the other kits out there and until a new sedan comes along and break records on it's innovations I'am justified in staying loyal to what gets me around the track at the same speed as all of the other kits
Old 01-09-2010, 01:22 AM   #138
Tech Champion

Actually I like vacuum condition like this.... no mtx5 yet.

I don't want to buy mtx4, mtx5, mtx6 too quickly. [ If you collect tamiya cars.... you'll know what I mean ]

more over, my mtx4 is still capable car without 2nd gear broken syndrome ( my tips : use plenty 3x12mm titanium screws all around to stiffen up chassis rigidity especially on the rear bulkheads area ).
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 02:11 AM   #139
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

On my home track, I believe the V10 is slightly faster. It feels more planted on the ground and the direct v brake system that links up to the rear diff is a dream. Full marks in this department. I was loyal to Mugen for close to 5 years, but surely the MTX4 needs updated by now. It only took 2.5 years to replace the MTX3, so apart from the obvious popularity in off-road at the moment, why the delay on a new car?
Old 01-10-2010, 04:46 AM   #140
Tech Master

i think mugen is waiting to see xray's new car out first. then they will launch their own version.
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:18 AM   #141
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

dont worry mugen will crush the shepard, matter of fact there head designer robert piech is over at mugen now LOL.. I would of waited, i am waiting with my mugen mrx4 x...mugen's are just to damm good not to be loyal to...
Old 01-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #142
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I will continue to run the mtx4r until I feel I can't get any more out of the car.
But the one question that has not been asked. Are we sure Mugen has not bowed out of the 1/10 scale market. With a shinking 1/10 onroad scene and numerous new players in this class. There is not much market share to be had.

Team associated did this with the NTC3.

I'm a huge mtx4r fan. but from a business stand point it's not out of the question.

Pass you soon...

Just food for thought
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #143
Tech Champion

Maybe 2012 is the reasons.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:42 PM   #144
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
I will continue to run the mtx4r until I feel I can't get any more out of the car.
But the one question that has not been asked. Are we sure Mugen has not bowed out of the 1/10 scale market. With a shinking 1/10 onroad scene and numerous new players in this class. There is not much market share to be had.

Team associated did this with the NTC3.

I'm a huge mtx4r fan. but from a business stand point it's not out of the question.

Pass you soon...

Just food for thought

Mugen is a racing company and continues to support nitro sedan racing... They wouldn't spend money sending Fukuda and Swauger around the world racing sedan if they stoped supporting nitro sedan racing... Both also dominated their last races they traveled too...

Last edited by Francis M.; 01-11-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #145
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
Mugen is a racing company and continues to support nitro sedan racing... They wouldn't spend money sending Fukuda and Swauger around the world racing sedan if they stoped supporting nitro sedan racing... Both also dominated their last races they traveled too...
+1
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:00 PM   #146
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't see what the problem is. If you were running ahead of all those guys that bought new cars before they bought their new cars - and now they're passing you, then one of these things happened:
  1. They got better just by switching cars
  2. They just got better and you didn't
  3. You're slacking

I'm just kidding of course

Look at where the RRR has been over the last couple of years - Evo, then Evo WC, Evo2 and the Evo2 WC. What's next? Evo3? All these little incremental changes are great, but all they've kinda of done is steal parts from the Evolva and dremel the chassis a bit.

What if, the MTX-4R is already at the end state of the MTX-4 product line? Would knowing that make you happy? How about if they stold parts from the MRX-4 and slapped that on the car and released the MTX-4R2? Would that make you happy?

Maybe Mugen looked at their car and said, "You know what? This is as good as it gets." That's what Juraj said with the NT1. Why can't that apply to the MTX-4R?

If you really think you're slower because Mugen hasn't up'd their game and put out a new car, then perhaps you should try one of the new cars and see if you actually do better. And then if you are faster, look at your MTX-4R and ask yourself, "Now what can I do to make my old car move as fast around the track as this new car?" That's what I did.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:41 PM   #147
Tech Elite

That's a good point. Believe me. I love the MTx4r. I am also not looking for a new chassis or change to a different chassis. I only look at it from a dollars and cents view. Why would Mugen invest a ton of money into the release of a new 1/10 chassis when all signs say the return on invest is not very good.
My gut tells me that there will be no new chassis for awhile.

Have you notice that the MTX4R has been removed from the advertizing banner Of the Mugen Seiki web site.

AGAIN GENTLEMEN, I'M MTX4R LOVER NOT A HATTER!!!!!!

Pass you soon...
Old 01-11-2010, 04:53 PM   #148
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Have you notice that the MTX4R has been removed from the advertizing banner Of the Mugen Seiki web site.
To me, that indicates that a new car is coming. If they were not doing a new car, they would still be trying to sell the old one.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:58 PM   #149
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
To me, that indicates that a new car is coming. If they were not doing a new car, they would still be trying to sell the old one.

Hmmmmm.... Good point... Only time will tell
Old 01-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #150
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
That's a good point. Believe me. I love the MTx4r. I am also not looking for a new chassis or change to a different chassis. I only look at it from a dollars and cents view. Why would Mugen invest a ton of money into the release of a new 1/10 chassis when all signs say the return on invest is not very good.
My gut tells me that there will be no new chassis for awhile.

AGAIN GENTLEMEN, I'M MTX4R LOVER NOT A HATTER!!!!!!

Pass you soon...

We all know you're not a hater...lol
Just wanted to make the point that Mugen is still supporting the car by racing it, finding new setups to share with the end user....

I think the MTX4r also won the Italian nationals this year... I know sedan racing is very active in europe.. IMO the car is more than capable, the only difference with new cars are the owners state of mind... They try set ups they haven't tried before and do so much testing in the first week to beat their time from their prev car.....lol

I've tried some setup tips given to me this week and I can tell you I've gained a lot from my current time.. It feels like a whole new car to me....