R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-11-2009, 11:20 AM   #106
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance72RC

I've got an mtx4r. But you know you've really got to wonder if Mugen is still planning on supporting this car or whether there is any plans of an mtx5 when their top driver in the US hasn't run it all year. I can understand before the Worlds wanting to concentrate on 1/8. But what about at the Nats? The Worlds were over. Other team's top drivers were running both classes. Why wouldn't Mugen have pushed for their top driver to be driving sedan as well? It's an oppurtunity for another National Championship for them. Plus this year was qualifier for next year's Worlds. If I were Mugen, I would've been wanting Swauger to run sedan. Even if I didn't have a new car right now, but was planning on one? I would've wanted Swauger to run to qualify for Worlds so that next year you'd have a top driver there with the new car. I don't know for sure why Mike didn't run sedan. But not seeing him running and not seeing a Mugen in the A. It really makes me wonder about the future of sedan racing with Mugen.
Lance72RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:36 PM   #107
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to noelcleofe17
Default Waiting!

I think I'm just gonna have to wait for this one!!!!!!!
nyahahaha! Save my $$$$ for now.
noelcleofe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:39 PM   #108
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I'm thinking they prob don't want him running since half his car is kyosho or other non-mugen

but don't previous a-main in the world auto make next worlds?
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #109
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
I'm thinking they prob don't want him running since half his car is kyosho or other non-mugen

That does not apply to 1/10 scale. He was second in the 1/8 scale worlds. He will probally get an alternate spot for the 1/10 scale worlds. He is still one of the top 1/10 drivers in the US.
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #110
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post

Yes, previous a-main in the worlds qualify to go to the next worlds. I don't think Mike was in the previous worlds sedan a-main, but I really doubt he will have a difficult time getting a spot on the US team.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:34 PM   #111
Tech Adept

So does anyone knows when would be the most possible date of release for the new MTX5?
Old 09-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #112
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No one here knows what Mugen is up to at their home office and R&D lab back in Japan. We don't even know if it will be called the MTX5 (just speculation). If they follow true to form like when the MTX3 and MTX4 came out, CAD drawing should surface around Christmas and kits will hit the market by late Spring 2010. That would be if 2010 is a target time for any release of a new 200mm touring car.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #113
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance72RC View Post
I've got an mtx4r. But you know you've really got to wonder if Mugen is still planning on supporting this car or whether there is any plans of an mtx5 when their top driver in the US hasn't run it all year.
Not true. Mike ran TC at the Capital Classic and I think was leading when he broke. Mike rarely runs TC so don't read anything into the fact that he didn't run the nats.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:37 PM   #114
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
No one here knows what Mugen is up to at their home office and R&D lab back in Japan. We don't even know if it will be called the MTX5 (just speculation). If they follow true to form like when the MTX3 and MTX4 came out, CAD drawing should surface around Christmas and kits will hit the market by late Spring 2010. That would be if 2010 is a target time for any release of a new 200mm touring car.
Oh yeah, the CAD should be seen around December, ok will be looking for that this December.

Cant wait any longer..
Old 09-11-2009, 10:19 PM   #115
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

The car will come out when it is ready. End of story. You can choose to wait or get something else. It's your money. Believe me, I would love to see a new Mugen kit. But with 2 seasons on my MTX4R, I still feel it's competitive with the new cars out there. Setup, tires, and practice is the key for 95% of us, not a brand new kit that we have to find out what works where.

Whenever Mugen decided to put put the new hotness, I'll be sure to get one. Until then (and even after that, depending on setup), the MTX4R will be in the thick of things at my track.

Be easy...
Old 09-12-2009, 05:56 AM   #116
Tech Regular

Mike was telling people at the Nats last week that both new cars will be out before the 200mm worlds 2010 in Texas. Also MTX4r parts are discontinued so it should be to much longer. So what parts the hobby shops have left is it on the parts.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:31 AM   #117
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey4875 View Post
Also MTX4r parts are discontinued so it should be to much longer. So what parts the hobby shops have left is it on the parts.
This does not make sence. Why would Mugen discontinue parts for the 4r when the 5 is not even out yet? Not to mention, once the 5 does come out, there will probably still be people runing the 4.

Plus, I just orderd some 4r parts and my hobby shop did not have them in stock. He had to order them and he didn't have any trouble getting them.

Someday, I hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.
StewartFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:12 AM   #118
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to JRGTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartFan20 View Post
This does not make sence. Why would Mugen discontinue parts for the 4r when the 5 is not even out yet? Not to mention, once the 5 does come out, there will probably still be people runing the 4.

Plus, I just orderd some 4r parts and my hobby shop did not have them in stock. He had to order them and he didn't have any trouble getting them.
yeah and also they are promoting the MTX-4R M-spec pre-assemble to factory driver's specs and setting, it make no sence
www.pitlanehobby.com
JRGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:20 PM   #119
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey4875 View Post
Mike was telling people at the Nats last week that both new cars will be out before the 200mm worlds 2010 in Texas. Also MTX4r parts are discontinued so it should be to much longer. So what parts the hobby shops have left is it on the parts.
What do you mean BOTH? So Mike now is telling next year there will be a new car from mugen..That is a good news!! Can you make it clear when you say BOTH?
Old 09-12-2009, 10:23 PM   #120
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

1/8th and 1/10th.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote