Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

we should all make it up,save it,and paste it when needed..
Old 06-22-2003, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

yup, exactly ... anybody care to start?
Old 06-22-2003, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by fastharry
alot of guys that have todays PRO cars should have started like I did in '96..we used to run HPIs and kyoshos that all needed a grand in them to get around the track(even the racer2's 3 years ago).....and even with all that money in them,they were NOWHERE as fast as a stock tc3....

So i have no problem with replacing shoes,rebuilding ball diffs,or anything else the tc 3 needs..I've been racing 2 cars since they came out..and have less spent on both cars in a year(including the price of the cars)than I have in ONE HPI racer 2..
LOL and AMEN!
Old 06-22-2003, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default QUESTION

I wanted to know if the toe link is really 6-40 tread? If so, someone as find nuts to fit like Pavidis has done on his car?
Old 06-22-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: QUESTION

Originally posted by Rookie01
I wanted to know if the toe link is really 6-40 tread? If so, someone as find nuts to fit like Pavidis has done on his car?
don't need the nuts..Order KC 18 collars from tower hobbies..they are made by Kyosho..and unlike Dubro collars,they are chrome..and have 2 set screws....put them up against the cups..you move those,you should sell your car and get a plane

oh yeay,order some 3x3 set screws also..
Old 06-22-2003, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by chorner
yup, exactly ... anybody care to start?
I started to but then lost track of all the changes and updates.

Here's the link:

NTC3 tips link

-Puma
Old 06-23-2003, 04:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by puma1824
I started to but then lost track of all the changes and updates.

Here's the link:

NTC3 tips link

-Puma
hows the Mugen?..
Old 06-23-2003, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default front sway bar

is there a difference in the blade type sway bar?
I'm thinking about buying the team factory sway bar with the aluminum mounts, $50. But I also saw one from golden horizons, GH02420 which is $25.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:44 PM
Tech Adept

puma, great page!
Old 06-23-2003, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fastharry
hows the Mugen?..
Actually I like it a lot BUT do have one complaint. Local parts support. Luckily I haven't needed to replace anything accept for my thrust bearing in the centax clutch. It was definitely my fault...I didn't lube it correctly and it melted away while breaking in the motor. Now that I have replaced it and lubed it correctly I have no problems.

I may switch to a front diff because the track I run on is pretty short and having 1/2 the brakes make it diffcult to slow down in time. Which makes tigher corners? One-way or diff?

I have actually abused the car pretty bad and so far haven't had problems with the belts. I even used it in a pretty bad parking lot. I did get a few pebbles but I "think" I would of had the same problem with my NTC3 with the gears being chewed up in the parking lot I was running on.

I think I'll take out my NTC3 again just to see which one I like better. All time spent so far has been on the MTX-3 and I forgot what the NTC3 was like. I would need to change the servos in the NTC3 b/c I originally but cheapo ones in there and the MTX3 has the nicer MG and BB servos.

The MTX3 has actually made me a believer in foam tires. I used to burn up rubbers pretty fast in the NTC3. What do you use and like more, foam or rubber tires?

In general the MTX3 has been great accept for part support. This past weekend I banged 2 exhaust pretty bad. The first was during a race (Novarossi one-piece) the other a REX (Novarossi rebadged? Two-piece) screwing around in a parking lot and got a little heavy one the gas and slammed into a curb. Not one part broken just a banged up pipe.

So presently I'm torn between the 2 cars. Maybe I'll have a personaly verdict soon. Right now the NTC3 is better in parts availability,pebble free drive train, rubber or foam setup, a lot easier to work on (assuming I will have to take the MTX3 apart to replace the belt when it's time, and the clean receiver enclosure. MTX-3 (please don't scream) a "little" more durable, belt "may" better match my driving (maybe I should add some drag break on the NTC3), I like the gear diffs because I can pretty much set it and forget it. I would loose setting on my NTC3 (am I doing something wrong?) AND believe it or not I'm the ONLY one with a MTX3 at my track. Everyone is using a NTC3.

So again I'm torn....maybe I'll like the G4 or R40 better because of the top access belts.

-Puma
Old 06-23-2003, 04:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Pics of fully hopup-ed NTC3

We just completed hopping up our NTC's with items of RDLogic, GH and K-factory. Find some pictures by clicking on this link

Hope you'll like 'm
Old 06-23-2003, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The Associated one way or the Yokomo one way. I would like to get the Yokomo piece as I hear is better quality. Has Associated improved their one way piece? I came in 2nd place in a 15 minute main and the reason is corner speed. This was with a bone stock TC3 except for springs. The car ahead of me...MTX3. It's beatable though. Stock clutch! No slip and I had motor!
Old 06-23-2003, 07:44 PM

Hey Herb, How do you like the K-Factory fuel tank? Ain't it a bitch to pay that kinda of money for something that looks soo sweet , only to have it lean out big time when theres less than a 1/4 tank of fuel in the tank? I just changed over to the BMI chassis and some K- Factory goodies and all the AE Team parts. The tank is the only regret I have! I'm glad I only paid $30 for it instead of $50!! The BMI chassis is the best money I have ever spent on the car!!!! The chassis is a must for you guys!
Old 06-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone know where I can find the thrust bearings for the K Factory centax clutch that are in stock?
Old 06-23-2003, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by bbntc3
Hey Herb, How do you like the K-Factory fuel tank? Ain't it a bitch to pay that kinda of money for something that looks soo sweet , only to have it lean out big time when theres less than a 1/4 tank of fuel in the tank? I just changed over to the BMI chassis and some K- Factory goodies and all the AE Team parts. The tank is the only regret I have! I'm glad I only paid $30 for it instead of $50!! The BMI chassis is the best money I have ever spent on the car!!!! The chassis is a must for you guys!
well,I'm glad you confirmed that..We thought we were crazy..That tank does lean out......

I put two Orings up front for tues nite racing.....Just what I need..another fuel tank problem(along with my veteq)..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.