Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Boomer
It is "good enough" to start with, especially with the new tank (if you've got the pressure nipple in the lid, it's new)

However, go back through and look for some of the mods that we've done, specifically:
  • replace the servo-saver spring with the slipper spring from the RC10GT
  • Reinforce the shock towers (brass tubing and longer screws or fancy premade things)
  • replace all tie rods with Lunsford Titanium

I think those are the "essential" mods. I also highly recommend installing the blade-type sway bar at the front, and I'm going to try NTC3Nut's rear mod.
Thanks mate! Thats what I was after!

You will have to excuse me if I don't want to go through 2500 posts looking for information
Old 02-18-2003, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi barry i just wanted to verify if the new material will be available
for the rear diff or just for the new hd one way. also is the new
material available for the little ring gear.

OH yeah congratulations on your win.
Old 02-18-2003, 03:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Thanks Barry

Congratulations for your recent win ta the Winternats. You are the man !!!

Thanks for helping my friends from Puerto Rico Fernando Mendez and Andy Baez. I didnt participate because of time $$$$$

How did your car held up the 45 minute main on foams?

What about setups?

Is it true that you were over there on vacation and all by yourself?

Thanks Barry
You are the man !!!
Old 02-18-2003, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

jwf_frani-- The new Material will be used in all applications from electric to Gas both One ways and Diffs...also the small pinion gears are out of the new material..

Aftalavera-------My car was Fantastic on Jaco Nitro Foams for the 45 min main I made a stupid mistake that lost my 3 lap lead btu after they popped my ball cup back on I was a lap down but I made it up and that is that...I was there to represent Associated btu it was last minute so the other team mates had other commitments but I have plenty of friends to help me out in pitting and I thank them all.......I wish I could get a vacation, maybe to Puerto Rico would be nice................

Thanks again to everyone....................

Barry Baker
Old 02-18-2003, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Barry, I seem to have alot of slop in the front end. I recently put in the plastic shims from AE on the bottom arms. With a little shaving the bottom seems better. Are there any other things you can suggest I.E. with the steering assembly?
Thanks in advance
Old 02-18-2003, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Barry

Congratulation on the Winternationals win
Old 02-18-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by AJC13B
Thanks mate! Thats what I was after!

You will have to excuse me if I don't want to go through 2500 posts looking for information
reinforcing the shock towers and replacing the servo spring is IMO the only "essential" things. But replacing all the turnbuckles with lunsford titianium ones woudln't hurt, but if you go that far, you might wanna pick up the steering rack bearings and even maybe the carbon chasis braces.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hey guys i finally got a chance to test the new one peice pipe
from RD logics for the tc3 and i was very happy with it it
is a bit shorter the the AE dual chamber. it has a bit better
midrange and topend. I will try to post some pics or have
some one post pics here.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default How do u find sirio.12 5port engine?

Anyone who have tried sirio .12 engine to their tcr3? Just wanted to know if it's easy to tune and if it holds tuning for a long time.
Is it better than a Nova, MT12, OSTR? Our track is more technical and less straights. Need your inputs before I buy it. Thanks.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have a three port and a 5 port sirio. I have only run the three port and it is the best and the so easy to tune but runing a nova carb.
Old 02-19-2003, 12:23 AM
Team Driver

Originally posted by jwf_frani
hey guys i finally got a chance to test the new one peice pipe
from RD logics for the tc3 and i was very happy with it it
is a bit shorter the the AE dual chamber. it has a bit better
midrange and topend. I will try to post some pics or have
some one post pics here.
Hi,

Attached is a pictures for RDLogics new one piece daul Chamber pipe. It will be available on March. Also, our Team Driver Franics already tested the pipe, please feel free to ask him, if you have any question.
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-tc3.jpg  

Last edited by RDLogics; 02-19-2003 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-19-2003, 12:24 AM
Team Driver

Here is another picture.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-tc3p.jpg  
Old 02-19-2003, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

I saw Barry's car at the WinterNats, and I can vouch for him that his car was "Box Stock". It didn't even have the shock tower fix on it. He was running a stock (from Alberto Picco himself) Picco engine, that just flat outran everyone else down the back straight. And he re-took the lead (after the ballcup incident)when he pressured Osaka into a mistake when Osaka cut the timing turn too close. It was REALLY a Great Rce!!! All the cars seemed to powerslide off the sweeper, going onto the backstraight and Barry's NTC3 looked like it hooked up just before the other cars....the pass on Ralph Burch, Jr. to take the lead the 1st time was great..side by side, doorhandle to doorhandle thru the chicane, around the sweeper, only to Blow by Burch's 705, 1/2way down the back straight!! What a move!! What a race!!!

The new rear toe rods have jam-nuts on the rods....which I think is the fix for any rear toe in/out problems that can be had if you hit the rear hard enough. I've seen this happen to someone else's car, I've been running my car for almost a year, and have never had the rear rods move on my car.

Chuck Carter
Old 02-19-2003, 04:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default RD Logics pipe

Wow! That pipe looks sweet. I want to be among the first to order one. Let me know when they're available!
Old 02-19-2003, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

NTC3NUT-did you ever have any luck continuuing on the development of the rear toe links with rcproductdesigns? I am just wondering as it appears people are still suffering the same problems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.