Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by KLANDERMAN
Artificial I- you are the one who has a PROCEED?
Yeah I have yet to get it up and running but Ive always had a passion for that car. I saw it was competitive somewhat unitl 2002. But im ok with not having the best car.

And I got tons of aluminum shocks in the deal so I can convert these over to the r40 and Ive got like 3 sets of aluminum shocks. Im then going to fill each one with different weights. Making it real easy for me to change my suspension setup.

I just got my trinity shock dyno yesterday. Will be setting up all my shocks on this soon.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWB50&P=7

Also picked up some green slime.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXSF70&P=M

Helps keep the shocks sealed longer.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Man that is awesome, I will get one because I've always wanted one, liek you say, it might not be the best, but it's there with the rest. lol...
Old 05-18-2005, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is there a huge difference between the LW chassis and the stock chassis? (Rigidity, weight, etc.)
Old 05-18-2005, 11:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by performula
Is there a huge difference between the LW chassis and the stock chassis? (Rigidity, weight, etc.)
well the LW weighs 94 grams and the stock weighs around 118
Old 05-18-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Im going to be weighing a bunch of stock parts vs the cf ones. Ill post up the list once im done.

Ill have the cf shock towers , cf brace , cf steering brace , cf front bumper , cf brake pad shoe , cf battery cover , LW 2 speed shaft & 3racing lightweight chassis.

Just got all this stuff in, cant wait to install it.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Also not sure if anyone knows this. Im sure a lot of you do. But if you want more tension on your side belt. The CF Side brace has more travel to allow you to tighten your belt more.

Thats a plus.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I too will be experimenting with a lower gear ratio for my parking lot track here in my town we make. Otherwise I don't really need it. BRB, gonna check if lot is available to take R40 for a spin.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Artificial-I
Im going to be weighing a bunch of stock parts vs the cf ones. Ill post up the list once im done.

Ill have the cf shock towers , cf brace , cf steering brace , cf front bumper , cf brake pad shoe , cf battery cover , LW 2 speed shaft & 3racing lightweight chassis.

Just got all this stuff in, cant wait to install it.
I already posted the list a while back if you want I'll post it again...
Old 05-18-2005, 03:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

here is the list of things I have changed on my R-40. I have another list of all possible changes, I'll look for it a posted it later ok
Attached Thumbnails HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum-modificaciones-r-40.jpg  
Old 05-19-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

I forgot to include on my list the LW tranny which is like 20 grams lighter y I recall...
Old 05-19-2005, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yeah that LW 2speed really helps. Otherwise, the stock setup is still pretty fast since its a higher gear ratio.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

finally got done with the 10% fuel I had and switched to 20%..
it was like night and day...
cooler temps with more power

nobody ever says anything about the nitro star .12r xs but until I start driving better I dont need any more power..
maybe the stars were all aligned or somthing but it was screaming...

and yes I usually do run 20% but somehow I ended up with 10% in my wishlist at tower when I ordered a gallon..

Last edited by onnetz; 05-19-2005 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by onnetz
finally got done with the 10% fuel I had and switched to 20%..
it was like night and day...
cooler temps with more power

nobody ever says anything about the nitro star .12r xs but until I start driving better I dont need any more power..
maybe the stars were all aligned or somthing but it was screaming...

and yes I usually do run 20% but somehow I ended up with 10% in my wishlist at tower when I ordered a gallon..
I have a 12r xs and it also is a little screamer. It should go hard if tuned right.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

uh... the turnbuckles i got for the steering are too long. When tightened all the way my front tires have toe in...Is there any other use for them or they just useless. They are titanium lunsford ones too. I think i spent three days removing slop and modifying my steering and now i have turnbuckle prob. Also where are the areas on the r-40 that have a lot a slop after a while. Thats what i keep hearing. So far most of the slop on mine is up front.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Greenbox
uh... the turnbuckles i got for the steering are too long. When tightened all the way my front tires have toe in...Is there any other use for them or they just useless. They are titanium lunsford ones too. I think i spent three days removing slop and modifying my steering and now i have turnbuckle prob. Also where are the areas on the r-40 that have a lot a slop after a while. Thats what i keep hearing. So far most of the slop on mine is up front.
Mine pretty much has minimal slop. Front toe links get a little in them, but frankly I dont care does not affect the cars handling. All ballcups/ballends will develop slop eventually, just replace them every so often. The more you bash the car into stuff the faster the slop develops.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.