Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: V-One R 2-speed tranny

Originally posted by mckrooz
Looking for a V-One R 2 speed tranny. So if anyone has done the Evo conversion and has this 2 speed laying around, help a brotha out! Has to be complete. Throw me an offer.
I have a full set of pinions and spur gears (plus other spares) if you can use them. I also have the 2 speed shoes (old ones) and the 2 sped hub carrier. Only missing the 1st gear oneway.
Old 12-16-2003, 06:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by AMGRacer
These are not my test results, it is the advice from the instruction sheet that came with the 26T pulley from Kyosho.

The advice assumes that you have the tire split correct. Ie. 0, 2mm or 4.5mm as appropriate.
Thanks for the clarification AMGRacer.
Old 12-16-2003, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Default The heavyweight champ..

I think i need to make a postmortem on my car - it getting heavier with all those hop-up v1rrevo

Last edited by esham; 12-16-2003 at 10:52 PM.
Old 12-17-2003, 12:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey AMGRacer, how are you doin'. Yeah 27t pulley is the go for around Brendale. I was almost about to jump ship a few weeks ago but I've finally revitailized the EVO, it's good enough now to run consistantly in the top half of the feild, as long as you don't get hacked by the other drivers. I've got a week or so off over Xmas I might see you out at brendale for some testing maybe. Have a good one dude will post again soon.
Old 12-17-2003, 01:22 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: The heavyweight champ..

Originally posted by esham
I think i need to make a postmortem on my car - it getting heavier with all those hop-up v1rrevo
Yes....it is definately that Magic Steel you are using on your exhaust stinger that is making the car heavy!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 01:24 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

The 26T is a Kyosho "Team" part, only available in alloy.
What side belt do you use with the 26T? The original SP belts are already quite tight at 25T when they are new? Should I not throw away my worn out SP belts??!!
Old 12-17-2003, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by finchy
Hey AMGRacer, how are you doin'. Yeah 27t pulley is the go for around Brendale. I was almost about to jump ship a few weeks ago but I've finally revitailized the EVO, it's good enough now to run consistantly in the top half of the feild, as long as you don't get hacked by the other drivers. I've got a week or so off over Xmas I might see you out at brendale for some testing maybe. Have a good one dude will post again soon.
What made you want to jump ship? To the MTX3?

What did you do to the EVO to make him work nicer?

Yeah I would like to get out to Brendale, I will PM you with some good dates!
Old 12-17-2003, 03:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dtm
What side belt do you use with the 26T? The original SP belts are already quite tight at 25T when they are new? Should I not throw away my worn out SP belts??!!
The 26T pulley very likely will not work with the 25T belt. The 27T belt works very nicely if you tension it down a little.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:03 AM
Tech Regular

Default Notice

I noticed AMG's car is not using the kyosho hop-up belt tensioner, i don't know the part number but i guess everyone knows what i am talking, it's the blue sexy curvy bar used on R and RR, can't it be fit on evo ?
Old 12-17-2003, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Notice

Originally posted by EiKuD
I noticed AMG's car is not using the kyosho hop-up belt tensioner, i don't know the part number but i guess everyone knows what i am talking, it's the blue sexy curvy bar used on R and RR, can't it be fit on evo ?
You can use it with the EVO it fits fine. HOWEVER my testing of this part has led me not use it anymore. Some of the newer cars like the G4 and R40 and 710 are coming out with the box rear ends (vertical plates) which will really stiffen up the back end. For these cars it must work.

I find that the V1R likes to have the standard rear braces (well at least that suits my driving style). When you stiffen it up it gets very reactive and twitchy. It is probably useful for very high grip tracks.
Old 12-17-2003, 04:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Notice

You can use it with the EVO it fits fine. HOWEVER my testing of this part has led me not use it anymore. Some of the newer cars like the G4 and R40 and 710 are coming out with the box rear ends (vertical plates) which will really stiffen up the back end. For these cars it must work.

I find that the V1R likes to have the standard rear braces (well at least that suits my driving style). When you stiffen it up it gets very reactive and twitchy. It is probably useful for very high grip tracks.
Care to share your test result that makes you stop using it ?
Old 12-17-2003, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Notice

Originally posted by EiKuD
you cannot use the optional belt tensioner/stiffener with the kawahara rear sway bar set. that's why you cannot see one there !
Old 12-17-2003, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

AMG you got PM..
Old 12-17-2003, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Just a little off topic, did you know there are over 10,000 posts on this thread
Old 12-17-2003, 11:46 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Just a little off topic, did you know there are over 10,000 posts on this thread
Not surprised since it started August 24th, 2001.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.