R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-16-2003, 07:08 PM   #9991
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default Re: V-One R 2-speed tranny

Quote:
Originally posted by mckrooz
Looking for a V-One R 2 speed tranny. So if anyone has done the Evo conversion and has this 2 speed laying around, help a brotha out! Has to be complete. Throw me an offer.
I have a full set of pinions and spur gears (plus other spares) if you can use them. I also have the 2 speed shoes (old ones) and the 2 sped hub carrier. Only missing the 1st gear oneway.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 07:38 PM   #9992
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
These are not my test results, it is the advice from the instruction sheet that came with the 26T pulley from Kyosho.

The advice assumes that you have the tire split correct. Ie. 0, 2mm or 4.5mm as appropriate.
Thanks for the clarification AMGRacer.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 11:36 PM   #9993
Tech Elite
 
esham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: racing line - push to the limit
Posts: 2,942
Default The heavyweight champ..

I think i need to make a postmortem on my car - it getting heavier with all those hop-up v1rrevo
__________________
Kyosho R4/V1RRREvo2/ OSpeed>Nova353T & S/Evo4M>Nova-KeepOnS
Transponder Pokok Cherry- [email protected]
Kelab Peminat Kereta Kawalan Jauh Ipoh, Perak

Last edited by esham; 12-16-2003 at 11:52 PM.
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 01:11 AM   #9994
Tech Fanatic
 
finchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 823
Default

Hey AMGRacer, how are you doin'. Yeah 27t pulley is the go for around Brendale. I was almost about to jump ship a few weeks ago but I've finally revitailized the EVO, it's good enough now to run consistantly in the top half of the feild, as long as you don't get hacked by the other drivers. I've got a week or so off over Xmas I might see you out at brendale for some testing maybe. Have a good one dude will post again soon.
finchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 02:22 AM   #9995
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default Re: The heavyweight champ..

Quote:
Originally posted by esham
I think i need to make a postmortem on my car - it getting heavier with all those hop-up v1rrevo
Yes....it is definately that Magic Steel you are using on your exhaust stinger that is making the car heavy!!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 02:24 AM   #9996
dtm
Tech Champion
 
dtm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: HKG
Posts: 7,551
Send a message via ICQ to dtm
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
The 26T is a Kyosho "Team" part, only available in alloy.
What side belt do you use with the 26T? The original SP belts are already quite tight at 25T when they are new? Should I not throw away my worn out SP belts??!!
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 04:01 AM   #9997
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by finchy
Hey AMGRacer, how are you doin'. Yeah 27t pulley is the go for around Brendale. I was almost about to jump ship a few weeks ago but I've finally revitailized the EVO, it's good enough now to run consistantly in the top half of the feild, as long as you don't get hacked by the other drivers. I've got a week or so off over Xmas I might see you out at brendale for some testing maybe. Have a good one dude will post again soon.
What made you want to jump ship? To the MTX3?

What did you do to the EVO to make him work nicer?

Yeah I would like to get out to Brendale, I will PM you with some good dates!
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 04:02 AM   #9998
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by dtm
What side belt do you use with the 26T? The original SP belts are already quite tight at 25T when they are new? Should I not throw away my worn out SP belts??!!
The 26T pulley very likely will not work with the 25T belt. The 27T belt works very nicely if you tension it down a little.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 05:03 AM   #9999
Tech Regular
 
EiKuD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 251
Default Notice

I noticed AMG's car is not using the kyosho hop-up belt tensioner, i don't know the part number but i guess everyone knows what i am talking, it's the blue sexy curvy bar used on R and RR, can't it be fit on evo ?
__________________
The Guy Ahead Of Me Is There To Be Overtaken
EiKuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 05:10 AM   #10000
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default Re: Notice

Quote:
Originally posted by EiKuD
I noticed AMG's car is not using the kyosho hop-up belt tensioner, i don't know the part number but i guess everyone knows what i am talking, it's the blue sexy curvy bar used on R and RR, can't it be fit on evo ?
You can use it with the EVO it fits fine. HOWEVER my testing of this part has led me not use it anymore. Some of the newer cars like the G4 and R40 and 710 are coming out with the box rear ends (vertical plates) which will really stiffen up the back end. For these cars it must work.

I find that the V1R likes to have the standard rear braces (well at least that suits my driving style). When you stiffen it up it gets very reactive and twitchy. It is probably useful for very high grip tracks.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 05:38 AM   #10001
Tech Regular
 
EiKuD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 251
Default Re: Re: Notice

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
You can use it with the EVO it fits fine. HOWEVER my testing of this part has led me not use it anymore. Some of the newer cars like the G4 and R40 and 710 are coming out with the box rear ends (vertical plates) which will really stiffen up the back end. For these cars it must work.

I find that the V1R likes to have the standard rear braces (well at least that suits my driving style). When you stiffen it up it gets very reactive and twitchy. It is probably useful for very high grip tracks.
Care to share your test result that makes you stop using it ?
__________________
The Guy Ahead Of Me Is There To Be Overtaken
EiKuD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 07:27 AM   #10002
Tech Champion
 
Manticore's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Heaven
Posts: 9,999
Default Re: Notice

Quote:
Originally posted by EiKuD
I noticed AMG's car is not using the kyosho hop-up belt tensioner, i don't know the part number but i guess everyone knows what i am talking, it's the blue sexy curvy bar used on R and RR, can't it be fit on evo ?
you cannot use the optional belt tensioner/stiffener with the kawahara rear sway bar set. that's why you cannot see one there !
Manticore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 09:32 PM   #10003
Tech Elite
 
esham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: racing line - push to the limit
Posts: 2,942
Default

AMG you got PM..
__________________
Kyosho R4/V1RRREvo2/ OSpeed>Nova353T & S/Evo4M>Nova-KeepOnS
Transponder Pokok Cherry- [email protected]
Kelab Peminat Kereta Kawalan Jauh Ipoh, Perak
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 10:14 PM   #10004
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: concord Ca
Posts: 1,440
Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Default

Just a little off topic, did you know there are over 10,000 posts on this thread
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 12:46 AM   #10005
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
Just a little off topic, did you know there are over 10,000 posts on this thread
Not surprised since it started August 24th, 2001.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kyosho VoneR Roller $120 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-06-2003 07:22 PM
kyosho VoneR w/ nova, pipe $200 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-25-2003 03:09 AM
Kyosho VoneR Macky R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 07-31-2002 09:04 AM
Brand new Kyosho VoneR kit $230 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-22-2001 02:12 PM
NIB Kyosho VoneR $250 Tag R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 10-21-2001 06:39 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:23 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net