R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2007, 05:59 PM   #661
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: baltimore
Posts: 193
Default

from their 1/8 scale race WHAT ARE THE OTHER CARS ?????? GO FIGURE?XRAY Wins Nordic Xray Challenge 2007 IS THIS FAIR 1 Robert Gustafsson XRAY
2 John Hazelwood XRAY
3 Lars Alex Jensen
4 Rune Karlsen
5 Mikael Palsson
6 Frode Skauen
7 Brennan Ralls XRAY
8 Peter Harder XRAY
9 Morten Thorkildsen XRAY
10 Tim Culmsee
11 Steffen Culmsee
12 Christoffer Svensson
13 Jonas Kaerup
14 Henrik Nilsson
LORD SHADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:16 PM   #662
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Well, first of all, life is not "fair". What smart business person would promote anything but their own product on their website. At the end of the day, race results are their advertising. Something to think about.
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 10:36 PM   #663
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: baltimore
Posts: 193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Jensen
Well, first of all, life is not "fair". What smart business person would promote anything but their own product on their website. At the end of the day, race results are their advertising. Something to think about.
yes your right , they make nice stuff but come on guys cant they be a little more kind to the other racer and name their rides.
LORD SHADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 11:37 PM   #664
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedToRacin
I used the original 26t pulley and I had a 1,5mm split at the end because I simply overestimated the wear (with the Serpent I had much more tire wear).
But to be honest, the NT1 is fast with every tire split. I tried since friday how the car drives with different splits. You haven't to worry about it because the car drives nearly the same all the time. I even wondered how good it drove when I had 2 mm bigger rear tires

I usually start with 0.950 overdrive ratio ( actually it's underdrive ). It's 3mm split. I aim to get 4WD feeling at minutes 30 to 45. I feel much better driving 2WD slightly.
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 02:57 AM   #665
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD SHADO
from their 1/8 scale race WHAT ARE THE OTHER CARS ?????? GO FIGURE?XRAY Wins Nordic Xray Challenge 2007 IS THIS FAIR 1 Robert Gustafsson XRAY
2 John Hazelwood XRAY
3 Lars Alex Jensen
4 Rune Karlsen
5 Mikael Palsson
6 Frode Skauen
7 Brennan Ralls XRAY
8 Peter Harder XRAY
9 Morten Thorkildsen XRAY
10 Tim Culmsee
11 Steffen Culmsee
12 Christoffer Svensson
13 Jonas Kaerup
14 Henrik Nilsson
Serpent is also blamed for doing this... in the end it turns out the guy that posts the article doesn't know all the brands that the drivers run... sometimes it's just lack of information.... Don't forget that there's a guy at the track providing information to the publisher of the article.... the guy at the track doesn't really pay attention to all the brands
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:07 AM   #666
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: toulouse/france
Posts: 538
Default

Hello from France,

here's little presentation of my new car:

My NT1

I will update the pictures every day.

au revoir.

Romuald
romuald31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:23 AM   #667
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

very nice.
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:34 AM   #668
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 373
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Nice build
jelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:30 AM   #669
Tech Elite
 
fastharry™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Posts: 2,846
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD SHADO
yes your right , they make nice stuff but come on guys cant they be a little more kind to the other racer and name their rides.


alot of the MFG's don't list other cars...thats why I never pay attention to the bragging rights......that x ray win list is impressive.....but it would carry more weight if the other cars were listed,as well as the bmains...... for example,if every x ray was in the a,nice job.......if all the other cars were serpents,and the b was filled with x rays,its another perspective......

the number of laps should be listed also...
__________________
www.fastharry.com---search "fastharry" on facebook
See Fastharry in Super Nitro racing at the HPI CHALLENGE...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzo-cBEnE0c
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:21 AM   #670
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _cyclops_
Serpent is also blamed for doing this... in the end it turns out the guy that posts the article doesn't know all the brands that the drivers run... sometimes it's just lack of information.... Don't forget that there's a guy at the track providing information to the publisher of the article.... the guy at the track doesn't really pay attention to all the brands
Exactly!

I can't see how someone could possibly be mad at a manufacturer for not posting the brands of other cars, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Quite frankly, race directors don't find this information very important - and the guys that write the timing software probably don't give a rip either.

About the only people who are even close to doing a good job at collecting this information, are the guys that run the IFMAR Worlds. I believe they collect what chassis and engine people are running at the beginning of the event. Not sure if that gets updated for the Mains.

The only way this information could accurately be collected, is if drivers checked in before each heat and qualifier, stated what chassis and engine they were running and that information was entered into the timing system and posted along with the results. IMO, that is asking way to much of everyone. People bring different chassis and engines to an event, so who knows what they are running at any point in the event. To expect anyone to keep track of that information (even of the drivers) is really unreasonable. To really do a good job at this, you would have to have a designated individual, responsible for collecting this information - and we all know that ain't going to happen.

I'm sure a lot of people want to know what gear people were using at an event (I am probably at the top of the list) - and not just chassis and engines - transmitters, body and tires as well, but I don't think the situation will change. Ever!
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:31 AM   #671
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastharry
alot of the MFG's don't list other cars...thats why I never pay attention to the bragging rights......that x ray win list is impressive.....but it would carry more weight if the other cars were listed,as well as the bmains...... for example,if every x ray was in the a,nice job.......if all the other cars were serpents,and the b was filled with x rays,its another perspective......

the number of laps should be listed also...
The best way to generate sales, is to stack the deck. The more Team drivers you have at an event, the better your chances are of having more of them in the A Main and placing in the top 3. If Team XRAY would have sent all three Musketeers to the Mugen GP, all of them would have placed in the A Main and IMO, at least one of them would have placed in the top 3.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:58 AM   #672
Tech Elite
 
fastharry™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Posts: 2,846
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
The best way to generate sales, is to stack the deck. The more Team drivers you have at an event, the better your chances are of having more of them in the A Main and placing in the top 3. If Team XRAY would have sent all three Musketeers to the Mugen GP, all of them would have placed in the A Main and IMO, at least one of them would have placed in the top 3.

my point exactly...I'm not saying x ray is wrong,it's good business sense for the uninitiated when it comes to forming an opinion in what car to buy..
__________________
www.fastharry.com---search "fastharry" on facebook
See Fastharry in Super Nitro racing at the HPI CHALLENGE...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzo-cBEnE0c
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:33 AM   #673
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Tampa, Fl.
Posts: 1,069
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Just in case anyone wants to get back to the subject, RC America has the NT1 kits and most parts in and they are ready to go.
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:45 AM   #674
Tech Fanatic
 
SlamMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 847
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Jensen
Just in case anyone wants to get back to the subject, RC America has the NT1 kits and most parts in and they are ready to go.
Any idea when they'll be showing up in hobby shops? Our local shop has a few ordered and no one is quite sure when they'll arrive.
__________________
Michael H

OnRoadColorado.com
Colorado On Road RC Club
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:49 AM   #675
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Exactly!

I can't see how someone could possibly be mad at a manufacturer for not posting the brands of other cars, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Quite frankly, race directors don't find this information very important - and the guys that write the timing software probably don't give a rip either.

About the only people who are even close to doing a good job at collecting this information, are the guys that run the IFMAR Worlds. I believe they collect what chassis and engine people are running at the beginning of the event. Not sure if that gets updated for the Mains.

The only way this information could accurately be collected, is if drivers checked in before each heat and qualifier, stated what chassis and engine they were running and that information was entered into the timing system and posted along with the results. IMO, that is asking way to much of everyone. People bring different chassis and engines to an event, so who knows what they are running at any point in the event. To expect anyone to keep track of that information (even of the drivers) is really unreasonable. To really do a good job at this, you would have to have a designated individual, responsible for collecting this information - and we all know that ain't going to happen.

I'm sure a lot of people want to know what gear people were using at an event (I am probably at the top of the list) - and not just chassis and engines - transmitters, body and tires as well, but I don't think the situation will change. Ever!

Totally agree, just see what happend on the WC 1/12th electro, Corally won it, but not with the default car
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS - NEW !!!! XRAY NT18T and XRAY NT18 plus HUDY micro truck starter box w/ battery Omarko Australia For Sale/Trade 2 06-25-2008 08:47 PM
Xray T2, Brushed Motor Combo, Setup Tools, Xray Springs, Bodies etc... GroffBall R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 09-23-2007 08:53 PM
WTB: NIB Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A Australia Wanted to Buy 4 01-02-2007 03:30 PM
WTB: Xray T1FK05 & Xray Teflon coated aluminum Shock Body Adam.A R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 12-30-2006 03:26 PM
XRAY sedan spring kit / XRAY multi-diff / PRS 114t spur / RR 64p pinions / Stratus evostyle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 6 12-19-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:28 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net