R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 04-24-2007, 02:54 PM   #646
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamMan
Thanks, Addicted. Spur gears, check. I guess we'll just have to see what breaks.

What do you Serpent, Kyosho and Mugen racers stock?
My MTX-4 Web site has a spares list for that car. Link is in my signature. For the NT1, I would probably get the following:

- Front and rear suspension arms
- Front and rear hubs
- All the hinge pins
- Thrust bearing (2 sets)
- Clutch bearings
- Spur gears
- Pinon gears (in case they get chewed before they wear out)
- Belts
- Rear camber link ball joints
- Rear shock tower (you may never need it)
- Clutch shoe

The small parts are good to have in case they fall off your pit table or you loose them in a crash. NT1 doesn't have too many small parts - perhaps the following:

- Rear aluminum shims for the top of the rear hub
- The pins that hold the outer outdrives in place
- The smaller set screws in case you strip the head
- The dogbone o-rings
- E-Clips (in case they fly away or you break them)

Extra screws are good, especially the ones for the diff, since your LHS may not carry that size.

Just my 2 cents...
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 04-24-2007 at 03:19 PM.
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:11 PM   #647
Tech Regular

RMD looks like you would have to get ready to start a new NT1 KB
jelayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:59 PM   #648
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelayne
RMD looks like you would have to get ready to start a new NT1 KB
IMO, if people post their questions in the NT1 forum at Team XRAY, they will receive excellent support from both Team XRAY and NT1 racer community. Just take a look at their T1 / T2 forum: http://forum.teamxray.com/viewforum.php?f=8

The T2 & T2 07 have a nice little KB/FAQ page there as well:
http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?t=2872

Kyosho and Mugen don't have their own forums.
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:18 PM   #649
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

Kyosho and Mugen don't have their own forums.
Ofcourse they do!!!
You will find them on RCTeck
Old 04-24-2007, 11:10 PM   #650
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIMRI
herzlichenglückwunsch für dass tolle ergebniss

How was the tire wear? What for a tire spilt and tire shore did you guys used in the race?

thnx
Thanks.

All NT1 drivers were driving 37sh in front and 40sh in rear.
I think I was the only one who drove a 42sh tire at the rear left of the car.
Split was 2,5mm in the beginning.
We all used other brands and they all work great.
The wear was very different based on setup. I could race another half a hour with my tyres easily while other had more wear. But all in all it was not so much because the track has a high tire wear and I have more wear last year with my serpent.
AddictedToRacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:58 AM   #651
Tech Adept

i hate x ray their web site is run by people who like to control everything you say. they have a race with 5 xray cars ,one hpi and then brag about how their car won. go figure da.

i have a r40 hpi this car will be know as the (X RAY SLAYER )
THE X RAY CLONE OF THE R40 WILL BE DESTROYED HAHAHAH.
LORD SHADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:00 AM   #652
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 04-25-2007, 04:46 AM   #653
Tech Adept

Lord Shado, why don't you toddle off back to the HPI part of this forum and leave those who have proper cars to discuss them. Everyone knows that the R40 is just a mobile road block so out of date that even the manual is carved on stone tablets.
jonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:53 AM   #654
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrg
Lord Shado, why don't you toddle off back to the HPI part of this forum and leave those who have proper cars to discuss them. Everyone know that the R40 is just a mobile road block so out of date that even the manual is carved on stone tablets.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:08 AM   #655
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedToRacin
Thanks.

All NT1 drivers were driving 37sh in front and 40sh in rear.
I think I was the only one who drove a 42sh tire at the rear left of the car.
Split was 2,5mm in the beginning.
We all used other brands and they all work great.
The wear was very different based on setup. I could race another half a hour with my tyres easily while other had more wear. But all in all it was not so much because the track has a high tire wear and I have more wear last year with my serpent.
Hi,

thnx for information. Do you use 25 or 26 side pulley with 2.5 split. And how was your split after the race/final.
CIMRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:25 AM   #656
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIMRI
Hi,

thnx for information. Do you use 25 or 26 side pulley with 2.5 split. And how was your split after the race/final.
I used the original 26t pulley and I had a 1,5mm split at the end because I simply overestimated the wear (with the Serpent I had much more tire wear).
But to be honest, the NT1 is fast with every tire split. I tried since friday how the car drives with different splits. You haven't to worry about it because the car drives nearly the same all the time. I even wondered how good it drove when I had 2 mm bigger rear tires
Old 04-25-2007, 12:32 PM   #657
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamMan
I just put in a pre-order with Nexus Racing! I've been racing electric touring so this is my first GP car. The LHS stocks limited xray spares and I'm sure it will be a while before they get anything in.

What spare parts would you guys suggest I pick up?
only small spare & option parts arrived !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:35 PM   #658
Tech Adept

Default x ray sucks

x ray has it own machine shop in house. that why they have a new car each year to keep their worker employed.i used to like x ray until the curtain was lifted .i will not surport a company that unfair in its product. in a race they will name their cars ,but no others jest the racer names . i like to race fair , how many of you guys respect racing fair. x ray has no respect for other company on the r/c market. go to their fourums on x ray web site talk about a nother company car compair to their holy rides . you will be deleted. its their policy not to let you talk about any other car on their site .(WHAT ARE THEY AFRAID OF??????) OH YA IF YOU FINE A DEFECT IN THEIR CAR THEY WILL SHOOT YOU DOWN SOOO FAST YOUR HEAD WILL SPIN. i tried to tell them of a problem once, told me assembly error. that their warranty ---its your fault.
LORD SHADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:38 PM   #659
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD SHADO
x ray has it own machine shop in house. that why they have a new car each year to keep their worker employed.i used to like x ray until the curtain was lifted .i will not surport a company that unfair in its product. in a race they will name their cars ,but no others jest the racer names . i like to race fair , how many of you guys respect racing fair. x ray has no respect for other company on the r/c market. go to their fourums on x ray web site talk about a nother company car compair to their holy rides . you will be deleted. its their policy not to let you talk about any other car on their site .(WHAT ARE THEY AFRAID OF??????)
You have issues dude.
Art Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 05:57 PM   #660
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD SHADO
x ray has it own machine shop in house. that why they have a new car each year to keep their worker employed.i used to like x ray until the curtain was lifted .i will not surport a company that unfair in its product. in a race they will name their cars ,but no others jest the racer names . i like to race fair , how many of you guys respect racing fair. x ray has no respect for other company on the r/c market. go to their fourums on x ray web site talk about a nother company car compair to their holy rides . you will be deleted. its their policy not to let you talk about any other car on their site .(WHAT ARE THEY AFRAID OF??????) OH YA IF YOU FINE A DEFECT IN THEIR CAR THEY WILL SHOOT YOU DOWN SOOO FAST YOUR HEAD WILL SPIN. i tried to tell them of a problem once, told me assembly error. that their warranty ---its your fault.

Will someone tell me what he just said. I'am sorry but I missed that point of this post.

Mark
MBlackketter is offline   Reply With Quote