R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 04-22-2007, 02:51 PM   #631
Tech Apprentice

Wow, I'm just back from our first race of the season here in the south of germany.
After the quali, place 1-4 + 10 + 13 are NT1.
Then I managed to bump up from 13 to place 6 in the final. The other NT1 had a little problem with his engine and didn't bump.
So in the final it was a clear 1-2 victory for Team Xray and also we got place 4, 6 and 9.
Also we broke the best time of the track and were about 1 second faster than last year.
AddictedToRacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #632
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedToRacin
Wow, I'm just back from our first race of the season here in the south of germany.
After the quali, place 1-4 + 10 + 13 are NT1.
Then I managed to bump up from 13 to place 6 in the final. The other NT1 had a little problem with his engine and didn't bump.
So in the final it was a clear 1-2 victory for Team Xray and also we got place 4, 6 and 9.
Also we broke the best time of the track and were about 1 second faster than last year.
That's very good.

I would think, that anyone that usually makes the A Main would do the same or better with the NT1 when compared to their previous car. In the group that made the A Main, was there anyone that did did significantly better than usual? Also, do you know what engines #1 and #2 were using?

Vielen Dank!
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:44 AM   #633
Tech Apprentice

The winner was Robert Pietsch who was in the Main of the 1/8 Worlds 2 year ago. He was the only NT1 driver who used a novarossi team engine (don't know which exactly), all other used a MH-modified Rex LR3 engines.
The guy who did place 2 was a professional electro driver and place 4 was Michael Heinrich (MH) himself. Place 6 was me and place 9 another professional electro driver who had problems with his motor.
I would consider myself as a medium driver (have only 4 years of driving experience) but the car (I have received it only 3 days before the race - it wasn't a kit car but a display one from nuremberg toy fair) was very easy to drive and the team work was also great.
We arrived at friday to test the car. Within a few tanks we set up the clutch and then drove with the stock setup. Wow, nearly the time of the last years race when I TQ'ed. Then we adopt the setup of an electro driver who had his car for nearly a month and had some experience with it at the Nuremberg track.
Since then I could constantly drove faster times than the year before.
Some faults of me (e.g. forgot to check the rear anti roll bar linkage, so it blocked at a very high downstop value) and a servo failure prevented me from doing better in qualifying and I had to drive the 1/2 final. There I fighted with Christoph Pietsch and Dirk Stammler (both very experienced and good drivers) even though I had no brakes cause I hadn't any brakes (changed throttle servo and forgot to try the brakes ). In the end I could bump up with only 8 seconds to Christoph.
Then in the final my engine was too rich and I also was very conservative with my tires, so I couldn't push in the first minutes and in the end I could push very hard but the gap was just to big. But I had to say the car performed very well from the first meters on. It was box-stock only used titanium screws and lighter pivot-balls from my previous car the 720.

One addition:
Link to the time list of the finals
NT 1 drivers in the final: Thomas Günsel, Michael Heinrich, Dirk Wischnewski, Robert Pietsch, Sebastian Feller
MTX4: Dirk Stammler
RRR: Mark Pearson
720: Klaus Lechner, Manuel Dietrich
GPX4: Christoph Pietsch

our sixth driver: Sebastian Eder (drove the car from our importer and was from the first meters faster than with his MTX4 before and he is a medium driver as I; didn't managed to bump up because he had a flame out)
Old 04-23-2007, 09:49 AM   #634
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
The winner was Robert Pietsch who was in the Main of the 1/8 Worlds 2 year ago. He was the only NT1 driver who used a novarossi team engine (don't know which exactly), all other used a MH-modified Rex LR3 engines.
The guy who did place 2 was a professional electro driver and place 4 was Michael Heinrich (MH) himself. Place 6 was me and place 9 another professional electro driver who had problems with his motor.
I would consider myself as a medium driver (have only 4 years of driving experience) but the car (I have received it only 3 days before the race - it wasn't a kit car but a display one from nuremberg toy fair) was very easy to drive and the team work was also great.
We arrived at friday to test the car. Within a few tanks we set up the clutch and then drove with the stock setup. Wow, nearly the time of the last years race when I TQ'ed. Then we adopt the setup of an electro driver who had his car for nearly a month and had some experience with it at the Nuremberg track.
Some faults of me (e.g. forgot to check the rear anti roll bar linkage, so it blocked at a very high downstop value) and a servo failure prevented me from doing better in qualifying and I had to drive the 1/2 final. There I fighted with Christoph Pietsch and Dirk Stammler (both very experienced and good drivers) even though I had no brakes cause I hadn't any brakes (changed throttle servo and forgot to try the brakes ). In the end I could bump up with only 8 seconds to Christoph.
Then in the final my engine was too rich and I also was very conservative with my tires, so I couldn't push in the first minutes and in the end I could push very hard but the gap was just to big. But I had to say the car performed very well from the first meters on. It was box-stock only used titanium screws and lighter pivot-balls from my previous car the 720.

One addition:
NT 1 drivers in the final: Thomas Günsel, Michael Heinrich, Dirk Wischnewski, Robert Pietsch, Sebastian Feller

our sixth driver: Sebastian Eder (drove the car from our importer and was from the first meters faster than with his MTX4 before and he is a medium driver as I; didn't managed to bump up because he had a flame out)

Are these Michael Heinrich modified engines available for sale is so through who?
Old 04-23-2007, 10:46 AM   #635
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickd122
Are these Michael Heinrich modified engines available for sale is so through who?
You can buy them directly from him or over SMI Motorsport (just follow the link in my signature). They are very cheap for a fully tuned engine but don't ask me for the exact price
If you want I can catch up on the price and availability.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:00 PM   #636
Tech Champion

Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvoltz
I'm the only one that can not print these documents out? If you have figure out how, please share with me...
I have FireFox and just saved it to my desktop , now I can print it anytime I need it.

Go here for Firefox
Old 04-23-2007, 12:52 PM   #637
Tech Elite

AddictedToRacin ~ Thank you very much for all the information.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:22 PM   #638
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slotmachine
I have FireFox and just saved it to my desktop , now I can print it anytime I need it.

Go here for Firefox
I just installed it and saved it to my desktop... no luck on printing, it is still locked...

Digi3Dworks - 3D printing for the medical Field.
bvoltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:04 AM   #639
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

arrived la !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 04:12 AM   #640
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to VoneS3Kid

Just got my NT1 and am building as we speak, beautiful car..beautiful!
Old 04-24-2007, 11:43 AM   #641
Tech Fanatic

I just put in a pre-order with Nexus Racing! I've been racing electric touring so this is my first GP car. The LHS stocks limited xray spares and I'm sure it will be a while before they get anything in.

What spare parts would you guys suggest I pick up?

OnRoadColorado.com
Colorado On Road RC Club
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 12:40 PM   #642
Tech Apprentice

Well, I had some traction roll-overs and also some cars which drove into mine and nothing failed.
So I really don't know which part you should stock.
I would opt for some pinion gears and some spurs because you always need them to set up your car for other tracks. Eventually wishbones would be an idea.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:44 PM   #643
Tech Elite

Quote:
Well, I had some traction roll-overs and also some cars which drove into mine and nothing failed.
So I really don't know which part you should stock.
I would opt for some pinion gears and some spurs because you always need them to set up your car for other tracks. Eventually wishbones would be an idea.
Traction rollovers, eh? How did you fix the problem?

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 04-24-2007 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:52 PM   #644
Tech Fanatic

Thanks, Addicted. Spur gears, check. I guess we'll just have to see what breaks.

What do you Serpent, Kyosho and Mugen racers stock?

OnRoadColorado.com
Colorado On Road RC Club
SlamMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:51 PM   #645
Tech Adept

Quote:

One addition:

herzlichenglückwunsch für dass tolle ergebniss

How was the tire wear? What for a tire spilt and tire shore did you guys used in the race?

thnx
CIMRI is offline   Reply With Quote