Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the standard brake disc is fine but use the kyosho APP brake pads
part number APP02-2
Old 04-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

since you said the sp rear shock stay wont fit part #VZW207. Would this part from KM be better for the car.

http://www.km-rc.com/oscommerce/cata...6a4d3c82aa3839
Old 04-18-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default What about this

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Welcome to the club.

The KFactory Ventilated Brake Disc (K1901) is probably not going to work with the Evo, because the brake pulley was revised. I think it's step 17 in the manual.

I'm not sure how well VZW207 will fit on the Evo, because the rear bulkhead was revised. Maybe someone else knows.

On VZW214, I would run the car for maybe a gallon of fuel before trying it, so you can better guage the before and after performance.

On the Hexcrews conversion kit, just keep in mind, that it doesn't come with any button head screws. Do not use the "Regular Socket Cap" screws for the bottom engine mount screws, as they will protrude below the chassis, which is not a good thing.

IMO, you can leave the servo "as is".

Hope this helps.
will the Kawawhara brake disc work on evo WCE
Old 04-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Berwick.G
since you said the sp rear shock stay wont fit part #VZW207. Would this part from KM be better for the car.

http://www.km-rc.com/oscommerce/cata...6a4d3c82aa3839
Not sure about being "better" than what comes with the Evo. Evo version is similar to the KM part. It's just one hole short. It really depends on what your requirements are. I would say, try the Evo part first.

For non-Evos, this KM part give you more tuning options than with the VZW207.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

will the Kawawhara brake disc work on evo WCE
Nope. I checked to see if they had a revised brake disc for the Evo and they don't.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Nope. I checked to see if they had a revised brake disc for the Evo and they don't.
Now as far as brake fade goes for Evo's WCE I heard the new brake pads are nice do you still recommend the K-Factory one's, the new evo wce brake pads, or these kyosho part number APP02-2. Other guy earlier in the post recommended thes kyosho part number APP02-2
Old 04-18-2007, 08:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I'm not sure what pictures will do for you.... Yes, by the kit, it is much stronger then anything I have used... made from steel, but it is stronger then normal screws. He has the hole kit, and I puchased extras for the motor mount and the rear camber link on top of the hub. This screw bends from the pressure, but not Tony's stuff... I'm just a normal racer, paying my way, so I'm not tied to Tony....
can you send me link to what screwsyou used/purchased from tonys to secure the engine mount to the chassis. Also can you sen me the link as to which screws you purchased for the rear chamber link on top of the hub. Thanks.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

What receiver battery pack do you use. Just curious
Old 04-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Now as far as brake fade goes for Evo's WCE I heard the new brake pads are nice do you still recommend the K-Factory one's, the new evo wce brake pads, or these kyosho part number APP02-2. Other guy earlier in the post recommended thes kyosho part number APP02-2
The APP02-2 are suppose to be good. Quite a number of guys in the forum use it. I was actually going to pick up a set to run in one of my cars just to test it out. I have the KFactory pads and disc in the other car.

You can run the stock brakes and see if you have a fade problem. Fade is a bigger problem in longer mains than in the shorter ones, but only if you're doing a lot of braking. If you don't have a problem, you don't need new brakes. That's how I look at it.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

The APP02-2 are suppose to be good. Quite a number of guys in the forum use it. I was actually going to pick up a set to run in one of my cars just to test it out. I have the KFactory pads and disc in the other car.

You can run the stock brakes and see if you have a fade problem. Fade is a bigger problem in longer mains than in the shorter ones, but only if you're doing a lot of braking. If you don't have a problem, you don't need new brakes. That's how I look at it.

Sorry I am hitting you with so many questions,but If I dont know I have to ask. IYO should I up grade to the 4mm skyline racing shcok tower on the RRR EVo WCE also what receiver pack do you use intellect,Team Orion,Venom .....ETC also do you know if Tony's screw kit for Kyosho V-One RRR will work with evo and does it address the engine mount problem that Hexcrews kit has.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

the reason why I ask is the stock carbon fiber front and rear shick towers are kind thin and dont look as strong. One guy up graded to Kawahara but I think they are 3mm as well or is the stock kits shock towers less than 3mm.....
Old 04-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

the reason why I ask is the stock carbon fiber front and rear shick towers are kind thin and dont look as strong. One guy up graded to Kawahara but I think they are 3mm as well or is the stock kits shock towers less than 3mm.....
The stock tower is fine I had the RRRWCE & never broke one & I been running the evo since it was released & still have not broken one yet
Old 04-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Sorry I am hitting you with so many questions,but If I don't know I have to ask.
No problem.

IYO should I up grade to the 4mm skyline racing shock tower on the RRR EVo WCE
It's a precautionary measure. It's really up to you. Like George, I have never broken a RRR shock tower yet. Knock on wood. But on my MTX-4, some guy took me out one day and the 3mm rear shock tower broke above the shock mount point - so I'm following the advice I posted at my own MTX-4 site and upgrading it to the 4mm Mugen part. Live and learn.

also what receiver pack do you use intellect,Team Orion,Venom .....ETC
Venom 6V 1200mAh (part# VEN-1500) I like it. Charges at 1 AMP and only takes about an hour or so. Someone probably has a better recommendation.

also do you know if Tony's screw kit for Kyosho V-One RRR will work with evo and does it address the engine mount problem that Hexcrews kit has.
Hmmm.... I'll take a chance and say that it will work.

Tony's screw kit comes with button head screws, so it's more of a direct replacement kit than the Hexcrews kits - but those A.P. screws sure seem nice.

https://www.tonysscrews.com/displayP...5&categoryId=2

can you send me link to what screws you used/purchased from tonys to secure the engine mount to the chassis. Also can you sen me the link as to which screws you purchased for the rear chamber link on top of the hub. Thanks.
Bottom engine mount screws: 3 x 8 mm
https://www.tonysscrews.com/displayP...8&categoryId=5

I recommend using some thin washers with a 3mm inner diameter to increase the screw head surface area for the engine mount screws. You should be able to get those at your LHS.

Rear hub camber link screw: 3 x 20 mm
https://www.tonysscrews.com/displayP...0&categoryId=4
Old 04-18-2007, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

rmdhawaii beet me to it...
Old 04-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey does anyone have the website for kawahara products in english i can only find one but its in japanese thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.