Wiki Posts
Search

The End of Nitro????

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Im betting that was the last time you raced, am i right? Come to Texas and marshal the 45 min truggy mains for me. Don't forget a hat and sunscreen though, unless you like looking like a cooked lobsted. You seriously get worked up over some sounds and smells of a nitro motor? I'm trying to understand what the major element that appeals to you, the racing itself or the nitro motor itself? If only you had a nitro powered servo, right? If I couldn't race rc cars I would find something els to race, I just love racing... nitro, gas, electric, whatever, we can have a foot race, I love competition and racing. It's that simple. The fortunate part of rc racing to me is that I don't have to risk my life. Are you also opposed to full scale cars with electric motors? The new Porches 918 Spyder is amazing.
The heat don't bother me brother. When it's 98 degrees in the shade and I'm throwing hay with jeans on. Oh yeah. You know you done something. Electric cars? Nah. Expensive to buy, expensive to repair. Gonna take some advancement to bring it along.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone downplaying electric is way way way behind the times and probably really old. Electric on the East Coast at most races is as big or bigger than nitro buggy now. Our last Roar Region race had an F main, nitro only had a c. Also look how big it was at PNB.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B
Well, anyway the thread is about gas engines replacing nitro. Yes it could happen. 4-stroke bikes caught 2-stroke bikes. Depends where the technology is placed.
[I'm not super educated on MX, so anyone please bear with me]

It's going to be the same thing. I've never understood why 4-strokes get a big displacement advantages. If the technology is actually better, than it should be able to compete with the same specs. Not handicap one side, and than give advantages to the other.

These gas motors are gonna have to be larger displacement to make up for the lack of power, and they're gonna need larger tanks. Years down the road whenever this actually gets going, its going to be something .30-.50ci gas motors with 300cc tanks, vs .21ci motors with 125cc tanks.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by USMC STONE 1
Anyone downplaying electric is way way way behind the times and probably really old. Electric on the East Coast at most races is as big or bigger than nitro buggy now. Our last Roar Region race had an F main, nitro only had a c. Also look how big it was at PNB.
Psycho Nitro Blast VI (Entries are per RCSignUp)

353 Nitro Buggy & Truggy entries vs. 169 Electric Buggy & Truggy Entries
Old 04-22-2014, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_
this topic is about gas engines, not a "electric vs nitro" thread so please consider people who are reading and keep talking about the subject, thanks

P.S: I usually don't get pissed off easily but all this bullshit talking about what is better is pointless, race what you want nobody cares about what or who you hate this is still a hobby so keep it real and be happy playing with your toys for as long as you can

when reading some of you guys I understand why some people fight, they would get in trouble just because they have NOTHING BETTER TO DO.. so give us a break
+1
Old 04-22-2014, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by USMC STONE 1
Seems most that do race nitro tend to stick with one class. Electric on the other hand, one person can account for 3 different classes. I've seen races where the entry fee simply didn't match the amount of cars.
Yeah, electric has gotten popular in a lot of areas. But so has drug use, homosexuality and government checks. None of which I'm interested in but to each his own.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Seems most that do race nitro tend to stick with one class. Electric on the other hand, one person can account for 3 different classes. I've seen races where the entry fee simply didn't match the amount of cars.
Yeah, electric has gotten popular in a lot of areas. But so has drug use, homosexuality and government checks. None of which I'm interested in but to each his own.
Oh my! you got me laughing so hard i'm crying...
Old 04-22-2014, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hoese37
+1
Electric has been mentioned since page one post 5 of this thread... And you cant speak about END OF NITRO with out bringing up EP..... This will be a hot topic for years to come.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 04-22-2014, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Haha! Apparently being a douche is popular in your area.

Last edited by symmetricon; 04-22-2014 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Grammer Nazi troll completed
Old 04-22-2014, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oh guys come on, no reason to get worked up because some use fiery combustion engines and others use round magnetic devices to spin a drivetrain.
Old 04-22-2014, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

if I were going to call names I'd at least spell it right
Old 04-22-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

^^^ +1
Old 04-22-2014, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Some people sure are spreading a lot of hate. Whats the point in that ?
Old 04-22-2014, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

running both nitro and electric id have too say the nitro gives me an added rush that ele doesnt. anyone who does the same thing knows what im saying. there both great classes and have there perks. lol wasnt this a thread to show a gasoline powered buggy engine? which btw was pretty impressive. heck i got no prob spendin 10 bucks for a gallon of cam 2 or vp race fuel. how did electric come up and why

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.