Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
The End of Nitro???? >

The End of Nitro????

The End of Nitro????

Old 04-18-2014, 04:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Default The End of Nitro????

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

MORE HERE!!!!
http://youtu.be/7pOoHITuAek
Old 04-18-2014, 05:05 AM
Tech Champion

Nitro's going nowhere..

NITRO RULES..

Edit - It does look good in the video though...
Old 04-18-2014, 05:12 AM
Tech Champion

this is the future, get used to it
Old 04-18-2014, 05:16 AM
Tech Champion

Nope. Today is today, and that's still where we are... There will also be no fuel of any kind in the future, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop using it today.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

In Holland there are no races for electric cars. They tried but they didn't have enough racers to cover the costs.
Nitro is still dominating over here.

Electric will probably take over in the future, but at the moment, nitro is still the biggest class.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:39 AM
Tech Champion

I wasn't talking about electric, I was refering to gas engines. You'll see in some years..

Here in Belgium it's the opposite nitro is disappearing and electric has a national championship so what's going on in one country doesn't tell anything about what's going on worldwide. I really think gas engines are the future.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:49 AM
Tech Champion

I think it's stupid to prognosticate about what the future will be. Especially to talk about the "end of nitro" etc.. Which really is just nonsense blabbering by nitro-haters..

How anybody can be interested in an 8th scale electric buggy or truggy race is absolutely beyond me... It's like watching paint dry. Though I think I could find ways to be interested in watching paint dry.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
I really think it's stupid to prognosticate about what the future will be.
this sentence alone is a nonsense

brands and industries prognosticate what the market will be ALL THE TIME to anticipate future demands and look for new market opportunities.. it's all about money

I like both nitro and electric and don't care about drivers comparing or opposing them. As soon as everyone finds his pleasure in racing, who gives a... ? If some brands put some $$$ in developping gas engines they will be soon as powerfull as nitro and way cheaper to run. As I said, you'll see

And please don't play the "nitro hater" game.. I asked morgoth to try his NITRO mbx7 not a long time ago and loved it, ask him about it
Old 04-18-2014, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post
this is the future, get used to it
Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post
this sentence alone is a nonsense

brands and industries prognosticate what the market will be ALL THE TIME to anticipate future demands and look for new market opportunities.. it's all about money

I like both nitro and electric and don't care about drivers comparing or opposing them. As soon as everyone finds his pleasure in racing, who gives a... ? If some brands put some $$$ in developping gas engines they will be soon as powerfull as nitro and way cheaper to run. As I said, you'll see
It would be a dream come true...no more high cost nitro fuel and $10 glow plugs. I'm game...where do we sign up for one!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

http://www.asiarc.info/forum.php?mod...B1%BD%E6%B2%B9

Based on this site, motors should be available in may. Here is a traduction in english using google translate:

Specifications as follows:
HP: 2.2
RPM: 30000
cc: 5.1cc
Bore: 19.2mm
Stroke: 17.6mm

Number, name and the suggested retail price:

GC31R04AC1S
31 gasoline engine / rear axle SG / Central starting rods start (not attached to a central starting rods)
31 pro gasoline engine (sg shaft by roto starter)
Suggested retail price NTD 9800
1 j7] 4 |;? @ * R4 6 q 'I7 W

GC31R04ACS
31 gasoline engine / rear axle SG / motor start (with motor)
31 pro gasoline engine (sg shaft with motor starter)
Suggested retail price NTD 11000

GC31R04S
31 gasoline engine / rear axle SG
31 pro gasoline engine (sg shaft)
Suggested retail price NTD 9600

;! D J * m 'l + C (W
Expected time to market:
May 2014
Old 04-18-2014, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Warehouse full of nitro cars... smell nothing. One 2 stroke gas blower fires up and we immediately smell tail pipe.

I mean, I'm all for it. But man... that smell is the worst. You will reek after a day at the track, for sure. Gotta run some 105 at least, to tame the smell. Still cheaper than nitro.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:14 AM
Tech Elite

You'd need a bigger engine to get the same amount of power that you'd get from a nitro engine.
But maybe who knows... I thought OS was testing with gas engines for 1/8th scale cars.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This all makes sense... Losi LST in one of those vids. Losi 350 and 454 were both made by SH....

I want one.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:26 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Theres no reason a nitro engine can't use gasoline right now. Compression might need modified and a spark plug installed but it's just a two stroke engine like any 2 stroke. And there's no reason a larger gasoline engine can't use nitro. They burn nitromethane in gas engines in drag racing. Except without the oil and 100% nitro I believe.

But there might be a unseen problem with using gasoline. It has a hard time not pre-igniting under high rpm and heat. That's why race gas for race engines is 100+ motor octane. Which you can't just go to the local gas station for.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by morgoth View Post
You'd need a bigger engine to get the same amount of power that you'd get from a nitro engine.
But maybe who knows... I thought OS was testing with gas engines for 1/8th scale cars.
yep the motor is 5,1cc.. but this is just the beginning, if Nova or OS enters this game power will increase

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.