Old 10-31-2005, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Wink

AW HOW DID THE REEDY race go???????????? lets here a quick recap

thanks
dave mac
Old 10-31-2005, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

arghh - I've never looked at the RTR chassis. I run the stock pro kit chassis and just replace it when it wears out.

rysuleod - They should have it out in time for Christmas. I'm not sure on an exact date.

tinbndr - I thought it was something like that...:-). Thanks!

syconate - You'll need .050, 1/16, 5/64, and 3/32 allen wrenches. Also, a 1/4, 3/8, and 3/16 nut drivers.

D Mac - Maifield won Factory Mod and Tebo won Factory Gas. I got 3rd in the B in Factory Mod and missed the bump-up by one spot in Factory Gas..first race since the Nitro Challenge that I didn't make the main.

Losi TQ'd and won all of the Open classes, with something like 80% of the trucks in the A-mains.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:40 AM
Tech Adept

Aaron, did you miss my ?? back a couple?

Rick
Old 11-01-2005, 06:21 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I am thinking of trying out the MF2.

I need to know a few things:

1. Is there an issue with the MF2 rear end that people are going back to the MF1 rear end?

2. Is there a new truck in the works for next year?

3. When using the new MF standard setup versus the Adam drake setup, what differences were noticed?

Thanks.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Hi Aaron, I am beginning to run an MF2 as well. I am running something similar to Matt Francis' standard setup. Have you ever run a setup using the short position on the VLA? I see that drake's setup calls for that in the rear.
What is your current setup?
Get me HOOKED UP!

Thanks for your time Aaron.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trixter - Oops! I'm sorry..no, the outdrives are different from the 1 to the 2.

davidka - I'm using Adam Drake's standard setup, which is available on the Losi website. Click on setup sheets, then MF2! I do switch back and forth from long arm to short in the rear...short arm is more forward bite, long arm is more sidebite.

Cain - Losi's race team is trying to learn how to make their cars better and switching pieces from the XX-T CR, MF1, and MF2 trucks and learning what the changes do. It's all in the name of research and development. There's nothing wrong with the MF2 rear end that the racer needs to start changing in order to be competitive.

Don't worry about buying an MF2 just to have a new kit come out and make it obsolete. While Losi is always working on new stuff, there won't be a new electric truck for a while.

The kit setup works really well on a variety of tracks, and is meant to be easier to get to work basically anywhere. I like the Drake setup as it suits my driving style and it works great on blue groove tracks.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trixter - Oops! I'm sorry..no, the outdrives are different from the 1 to the 2.

Ok now you have my curiosity up. What are the actual differences. I would suppose that they are maybe a little longer due to the adjustable 'VLA' am I right. And if that is true, then is the short position the same as the XXXT MF?

Thanks a lot for you help.

Rick
Old 11-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

The outdrives and dogbones are changed from the Mf1 and Mf2 to correct the "dogbone plunge", the effect of the dogbone sliding in and out of the outdrive.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:24 AM
Tech Addict

Arrow

Is there a B3 thread on here if so, where
Old 11-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Where the bearing sits is the biggest difference. They're longer, but you can mill down the bearing area to fit. Not really worth it..

The long arm position in the rear of the MF2 is the new position. On the front, and front and rear of the BK2, the short arm is the new position.

davidka - The dogbone length, axles, pivot block height and width, and hub geometry all change dogbone plunge.

trx1 - http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ghlight=RC10B3

That's the closest I found.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Aaron,
Are you headed to The Dirt this weekend? I think i may get a chance to try it on Sunday.
Old 11-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

I think I'm gonna take this weekend off...give my dad a break and give us a chance to hang out with the family a little bit before we leave next week. We've leaving Tuesday night or Wednesday morning for the RC Pro Finals at Sun Valley Speedway...last race of the year!

I think Mrs. Aaron might break my toes if I try to leave three weekends in a row..LOL.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

OMG i do not feel special enough to be on 'Ask Aaron Waldron'.......
Old 11-06-2005, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron

The long arm position in the rear of the MF2 is the new position. On the front, and front and rear of the BK2, the short arm is the new position.

trx1 - http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...ghlight=RC10B3

That's the closest I found.
Not to step on anyones toes but just so that everyone knows on the BK2 the long arm position is the new hole in the front and the rear. The MF2 the long hole in the rear is the new hole and the short hole in the front is new.
Just clearing things up.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hay Aaron, I see you travel around abit and must see alot of pro drivers cars, well I recently bought a XXX4G plus second hand and the previous owner told me that a pro driver from america used to own it so do you regognise this paint job? It has had some modifications to the chassis.
Attached Thumbnails Ask Aaron Waldron-p1080001.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.