Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BCE speed Losi 8ight "T" 2.0 3mm chassis

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 04:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What type of rear hubs is everyone running? I noticed the stock ones have about 2 degrees of play in them for the toe settings. Has anyone figured a way to clean this up some?
Old 08-31-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
What type of rear hubs is everyone running? I noticed the stock ones have about 2 degrees of play in them for the toe settings. Has anyone figured a way to clean this up some?
I am using the +2mm hubs front and back.
Old 08-31-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NITROALM
I Picked up a red RTR Chassis today..ww I now
know why they come with a BIG! Motor
I will post the weights,, you swap guys are
really like the results
Did you ever weigh this to see the difference?
Old 08-31-2009, 08:49 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

you can shim out the play by shimming between the hex and the bearing. but it can make the truggy less forgiving.
i have been running my modded hubs to fit the 16mm bearing. if you contact JDUB on this forum i think he has a few sets left. if not i can do them up aswell if you dont mind paying the shipping out of Australia
Old 08-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Lord

Ok guys check it out. There was a photographer at the 1st race I had with the BCE chassis and he got some killer shots. It was last weekend at deltarc in Antioch ca.

Old 09-01-2009, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

some nice pic's Frank that was a fun day
Old 09-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I got me some first place this weekend in kingman, had a bunch of mugen team guys come down from vegas to race, Goyotte was there(he's one of those guys that just doesnt loose), It was a blast in the main, every one else broke and I was about 8 seconds behind brian, I was pushing my truck so hard that most of the vegas guys were amazed as some of the things I could do and not crash with my truggy. With 1 minute to go goyette broke a rear toe block on his 6t, bitter sweet victory, but a victory for me none the less. This thing hauls the mail in a big way. 4 .15 springs are the ticket in the smart diff as far as I can tell. I was pretty much popping wheelies the truck was digging in so hard on landings. I'll post a setup sheet here this evening if I remember. It is dialed.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi
one question:

Where can I buy the thing at rear CVD to hold the pin?
Attached Thumbnails BCE speed Losi 8ight "T" 2.0 3mm chassis-bce-chassis-005.jpg  
Old 09-01-2009, 12:54 PM
TIX
Tech Master

from me I make them

the come as 2 Aluminium CV Couplers with 2 of the Aluminium Pin retainers
Old 09-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jmackani
I'm using xray ones as fitted to XB8 / 808
Old 09-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

TIX, how are they attached to the CVD? It appears you've created a metal 'condom' which I would think is much better than the shrink tubing I'm currently using. Would these fit on any CVD universal, as I'd like to use them on my Kyosho ST-RR truggy? Thanks!!
Old 09-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Guess I need to order a chassis for mine then. Sounds like its working quite well.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

TIX,

"you can shim out the play by shimming between the hex and the bearing. but it can make the truggy less forgiving.
i have been running my modded hubs to fit the 16mm bearing. if you contact JDUB on this forum i think he has a few sets left. if not i can do them up aswell if you dont mind paying the shipping out of Australia"

Are the modded hubs pretty much the same as the king headz version?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:31 PM
TIX
Tech Master

yer Kingheads stole the idea off me. i've been making the 16mm hubs for over a year now. i once contacted them about making them for me and they said there was no market. now that there is all of a sudden they are making them
JDUB was doing the mod in the states for me but he moved to mugan and is no longer doing it.
best thing about the plastic ones iv they dont cost $70

i just mod the stock plastic ones. there is no need for the aluminium. IMO the aluminium causes the bearings to fail even faster because there is no flex in the hub

the retainers hold on by cliping over the pin. if you have a look the pin sits out of the cvD abit. so the retainers just clip over the top.
M2C came up with the idea for them i just started making them for a few mates and then it grew from there.
i make an aluminium coupler aswell. i got sick of pins breaking half way through a race in the cv's, so i made aluminium ones instead. now the aluminium wears but the pins never do. so i always finish the race.
i sell them as a kit
Old 09-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Guess I need to order a chassis for mine then. Sounds like its working quite well.
Yea money well spent. I love my bce chassis. It has only one down the addition of washers on the center diff but I can live with that. The gain in performance far out weighs that little thing. If a plate could bemolded into the chassis it would be worth it but for now washers are ok. I do like the smaller alum washers that came with the truggy chassis rather than the larger ones that came with the buggy chassis. The smaller ones stay on the screws and o don't have to wory about losing one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.