R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   BCE speed Losi 8ight "T" 2.0 3mm chassis (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/308281-bce-speed-losi-8ight-t-2-0-3mm-chassis.html)

xxxtcr 06-29-2009 02:39 PM

BCE speed Losi 8ight "T" 2.0 3mm chassis

I am starting this thread for our upcoming 8ight T 2.0 line of chassis. The BCE chassis is 3mm thick (1mm thinner than the stock chassis) We are just about to release our buggy chassis, and have had great luck with the performance on that. Testing is about to begin on the truggy chassis, and I want everyone to voice their opinion about what they would like to see incorperated into the chassis, We will have the line scribes, and droop screws, plus some top sercret stuff :), but if you have any questions, please let us know. I will have a pic up of the chassis as soon as it is ready to throw on our first truggy for testing. Head on over to the bce speed losi 8ight 2.0 3mm chassis thread to see what people are saying about that one!

jzemaxx 06-29-2009 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by xxxtcr (Post 6001045)
I am starting this thread for our upcoming 8ight T 2.0 line of chassis. The BCE chassis is 3mm thick (1mm thinner than the stock chassis) We are just about to release our buggy chassis, and have had great luck with the performance on that. Testing is about to begin on the truggy chassis, and I want everyone to voice their opinion about what they would like to see incorperated into the chassis, We will have the line scribes, and droop screws, plus some top sercret stuff :), but if you have any questions, please let us know. I will have a pic up of the chassis as soon as it is ready to throw on our first truggy for testing. Head on over to the bce speed losi 8ight 2.0 3mm chassis thread to see what people are saying about that one!

I want one as soon as possible. I'm running a brushless conversion though, so as long as it works with the motor mount and battery tray I'm putting on, then great.

buggydad 06-29-2009 05:10 PM

Would it be possible to leave some mill on for the center spur.So it doesn't stick out the bottom.Or maybe come with slight groves notched into the chassis and a set of squarish shims with little tabs to almost lock into the grooves.Ranging from .5mm-1mm for the center diff mounts.:confused::confused:Just an idea

OOO and secrete stuff is allways good LOL

xxxtcr 06-29-2009 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by buggydad (Post 6001725)
Would it be possible to leave some mill on for the center spur.So it doesn't stick out the bottom.Or maybe come with slight groves notched into the chassis and a set of squarish shims with little tabs to almost lock into the grooves.Ranging from .5mm-1mm for the center diff mounts.:confused::confused:Just an idea

we've got tons of ideas like that, just dont have enough time in a day to draw something like that up on the cad and implement it. These darn chassis take so long to design! Maybe once we're done with these losi chassis and we get back on track with our aftermarket parts projects(shock towers, hinge pin braces, other aluminum goodies!) we'll take a look into making something like that, I know I'd use it.

losi_racer 06-29-2009 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by buggydad (Post 6001725)

what i did on the buggy was just drilled out the spacers you use for the hubs, was perfect height.

Frank L 06-29-2009 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by xxxtcr (Post 6001045)

I have sent in payment at BCE's payment request with a note that I wanted the truggy chassis. I cant wait to run this chassis.

xxxtcr 06-29-2009 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by losi_racer (Post 6002061)
what i did on the buggy was just drilled out the spacers you use for the hubs, was perfect height.

Thats pretty much what I did, I glued them on though so I dont have to worry about it anymore :)

xxxtcr 07-06-2009 02:51 PM

I should be doing some testing with the truggy chassis on a 1.0 with the bce chassis on it(baby steps) at the pit for the iron man enduro. I got to hold the near final proto on sat night, so we're getting close. Will keep everyone posted. Bill should have some pics up in the coming days!!!

randystang 07-06-2009 03:30 PM

how about where the droop screws contact the chassis, they swing toward the flat chassis on angle and after a little wear on screws will slide past stop, could there be a raised area there on the same angle so the screws will be hitting that spot flat and not sliding

cheesecake 07-06-2009 05:03 PM

I want one of these asap.... hopefully bill gets this out really quick. :D

slayyer 07-06-2009 05:59 PM

will the chassis be the length of the 2.0 chassis?

xxxtcr 07-06-2009 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by slayyer (Post 6032087)
will the chassis be the length of the 2.0 chassis?

Yes, the chassis is the same length as the 2.0 t chassis, with a couple tweaks of course :)

Originally Posted by randystang (Post 6031515)
how about where the droop screws contact the chassis, they swing toward the flat chassis on angle and after a little wear on screws will slide past stop, could there be a raised area there on the same angle so the screws will be hitting that spot flat and not sliding

On the bce chassis the screws will be where they need to be so the droop screws do not ever come in contact with the chassis, no matter how worn the screws are(within reason) Thats a good idea though, I will see what bill can cook up and see if we can solve that problem in some trick way.

slayyer 07-06-2009 09:12 PM

awesome! i was gonna get the 2.0 chassis but ill wait till this one comes out!:nod: whens it expected to come out?? how much? same as the 2.0?

Frank L 07-06-2009 09:13 PM

When do you project the prototype will be released to those who are willing to try it.

slayyer 07-06-2009 09:17 PM

was that reply for me or a question for them? if it was for me, i dont get what your saying..