Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
BCE speed Losi 8ight "T" 2.0 3mm chassis >

BCE speed Losi 8ight "T" 2.0 3mm chassis

BCE speed Losi 8ight "T" 2.0 3mm chassis

Reply

Old 06-29-2009, 02:39 PM
  #1  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
 
xxxtcr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 747
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default BCE speed Losi 8ight "T" 2.0 3mm chassis

I am starting this thread for our upcoming 8ight T 2.0 line of chassis. The BCE chassis is 3mm thick (1mm thinner than the stock chassis) We are just about to release our buggy chassis, and have had great luck with the performance on that. Testing is about to begin on the truggy chassis, and I want everyone to voice their opinion about what they would like to see incorperated into the chassis, We will have the line scribes, and droop screws, plus some top sercret stuff , but if you have any questions, please let us know. I will have a pic up of the chassis as soon as it is ready to throw on our first truggy for testing. Head on over to the bce speed losi 8ight 2.0 3mm chassis thread to see what people are saying about that one!
xxxtcr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:42 PM
  #2  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xxxtcr View Post
I am starting this thread for our upcoming 8ight T 2.0 line of chassis. The BCE chassis is 3mm thick (1mm thinner than the stock chassis) We are just about to release our buggy chassis, and have had great luck with the performance on that. Testing is about to begin on the truggy chassis, and I want everyone to voice their opinion about what they would like to see incorperated into the chassis, We will have the line scribes, and droop screws, plus some top sercret stuff , but if you have any questions, please let us know. I will have a pic up of the chassis as soon as it is ready to throw on our first truggy for testing. Head on over to the bce speed losi 8ight 2.0 3mm chassis thread to see what people are saying about that one!
I want one as soon as possible. I'm running a brushless conversion though, so as long as it works with the motor mount and battery tray I'm putting on, then great.
jzemaxx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:10 PM
  #3  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
buggydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 237
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Would it be possible to leave some mill on for the center spur.So it doesn't stick out the bottom.Or maybe come with slight groves notched into the chassis and a set of squarish shims with little tabs to almost lock into the grooves.Ranging from .5mm-1mm for the center diff mounts.Just an idea

OOO and secrete stuff is allways good LOL
buggydad is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:48 PM
  #4  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
 
xxxtcr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 747
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by buggydad View Post
Would it be possible to leave some mill on for the center spur.So it doesn't stick out the bottom.Or maybe come with slight groves notched into the chassis and a set of squarish shims with little tabs to almost lock into the grooves.Ranging from .5mm-1mm for the center diff mounts.Just an idea

OOO and secrete stuff is allways good LOL
we've got tons of ideas like that, just dont have enough time in a day to draw something like that up on the cad and implement it. These darn chassis take so long to design! Maybe once we're done with these losi chassis and we get back on track with our aftermarket parts projects(shock towers, hinge pin braces, other aluminum goodies!) we'll take a look into making something like that, I know I'd use it.
xxxtcr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:05 PM
  #5  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (25)
 
losi_racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by buggydad View Post
Would it be possible to leave some mill on for the center spur.So it doesn't stick out the bottom.Or maybe come with slight groves notched into the chassis and a set of squarish shims with little tabs to almost lock into the grooves.Ranging from .5mm-1mm for the center diff mounts.Just an idea

OOO and secrete stuff is allways good LOL
what i did on the buggy was just drilled out the spacers you use for the hubs, was perfect height.
losi_racer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:05 PM
  #6  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,522
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by xxxtcr View Post
I am starting this thread for our upcoming 8ight T 2.0 line of chassis. The BCE chassis is 3mm thick (1mm thinner than the stock chassis) We are just about to release our buggy chassis, and have had great luck with the performance on that. Testing is about to begin on the truggy chassis, and I want everyone to voice their opinion about what they would like to see incorperated into the chassis, We will have the line scribes, and droop screws, plus some top sercret stuff , but if you have any questions, please let us know. I will have a pic up of the chassis as soon as it is ready to throw on our first truggy for testing. Head on over to the bce speed losi 8ight 2.0 3mm chassis thread to see what people are saying about that one!
I have sent in payment at BCE's payment request with a note that I wanted the truggy chassis. I cant wait to run this chassis.
Frank L is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:14 PM
  #7  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
 
xxxtcr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 747
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
what i did on the buggy was just drilled out the spacers you use for the hubs, was perfect height.
Thats pretty much what I did, I glued them on though so I dont have to worry about it anymore
xxxtcr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:51 PM
  #8  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
 
xxxtcr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 747
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

I should be doing some testing with the truggy chassis on a 1.0 with the bce chassis on it(baby steps) at the pit for the iron man enduro. I got to hold the near final proto on sat night, so we're getting close. Will keep everyone posted. Bill should have some pics up in the coming days!!!
xxxtcr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:30 PM
  #9  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 232
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

how about where the droop screws contact the chassis, they swing toward the flat chassis on angle and after a little wear on screws will slide past stop, could there be a raised area there on the same angle so the screws will be hitting that spot flat and not sliding
randystang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:03 PM
  #10  
Tech Master
iTrader: (26)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: illinois
Posts: 1,672
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

I want one of these asap.... hopefully bill gets this out really quick.
cheesecake is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:59 PM
  #11  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: tallahassee, FL
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

will the chassis be the length of the 2.0 chassis?
slayyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:57 PM
  #12  
Tech Addict
Thread Starter
iTrader: (15)
 
xxxtcr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 747
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by slayyer View Post
will the chassis be the length of the 2.0 chassis?
Yes, the chassis is the same length as the 2.0 t chassis, with a couple tweaks of course

Originally Posted by randystang View Post
how about where the droop screws contact the chassis, they swing toward the flat chassis on angle and after a little wear on screws will slide past stop, could there be a raised area there on the same angle so the screws will be hitting that spot flat and not sliding
On the bce chassis the screws will be where they need to be so the droop screws do not ever come in contact with the chassis, no matter how worn the screws are(within reason) Thats a good idea though, I will see what bill can cook up and see if we can solve that problem in some trick way.
xxxtcr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:12 PM
  #13  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: tallahassee, FL
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

awesome! i was gonna get the 2.0 chassis but ill wait till this one comes out! whens it expected to come out?? how much? same as the 2.0?
slayyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:13 PM
  #14  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (148)
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,522
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

When do you project the prototype will be released to those who are willing to try it.
Frank L is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:17 PM
  #15  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: tallahassee, FL
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

was that reply for me or a question for them? if it was for me, i dont get what your saying..
slayyer is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service