Wiki Posts
Search

New XRAY 808

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rfleck
I actually came from the mugen,its a good car as well, but no thanks!
I hear ya on that. The xray to me is just more stable and easy to drive.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default So true

It is stable and smooth.It's a freakin swiss watch.....
Old 06-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aussies1129
anyone tried or got an opinion as I was thinking about putting a novarossi bonito in my 2011 spec, currently I run a plus4.
cheers
Speak to Michael at RC KING HOBBIES in Sydney. He is currently running the 808 11' with the new nova Bonito engine. He loves it and has been placing quite a few podiums of late with that combo. He told me the Bonito has awesome power and excellent run times, I think around the 12 minute mark if I recall but don't quote me on that. Speak to him, he's a good guy.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by PatrikAx
Good to know.
Do you know if the center drive shafts from the XB8 would work to convert the 2010 to 2011? Perhaps the lengths are not matching?
I think it wont. But if you have that around might as well try it but if your buying just stick to the following:

09 Chassis Mugen MBX5 or Kyosho MP9 Front Drive Shaft. I could have sworn someone Used a GS which is a lot cheaper but I am not sure. or the Rear use the D8 Rear Drive Shaft. If your using the Mugen its a little short you might Think it will pop out but it did not happen to me when I was running it.

For 2010 use the Kyosho Front and rear Drive Shaft.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by rc_pro
I have XRAY 808 2011
I want to switch to the new MUGEN MBX 6
What do you think
THe MBX6 is older but its still a very competitive car specially for rough tracks with hard landing. I dont own one but Ive seen too many racers win with it better than the xrays here. But the 2011 808 really is nice to drive now. I Purchased other kits cause I got frustrated with my older xray but the 2011 refinements just made a good car even better very consistent and has a lot of steering with being tail happy. You can drive it harder because it just feels so stable.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by oggietiu

For 2010 use the Kyosho Front and rear Drive Shaft.
Ok. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Got my 2011 in yesterday and I'm impressed with it so far. I can't wait to run it this weekend, but I've got to find a good setup to start with.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:56 AM
Tech Addict

Congrats to 13yr old Xray/RCAmerica team driver Cade Whitenton on his solid run at Round 7 of the National RC Pro Series in Scott Lousianna this past weeknd at Finishline Raceway. Cade qualified 3rd in Open Buggy and finished 3rd after the 30 minute main. We had a little bad luck in our first qualifier with clutch issues, so our remaining 3 qualifiers were very important. Some back luck hit us in the main with a front left tire coming unglued while leading and breaking away from from the pack. Made a NASCAR style tire change and managed to to fight back to 3rd at the end of he main, finishing on the same lap as the 2nd place driver.

The crew at Finishline built a great layout and it became a challenge at the end. We made a shock change Friday during practice that proved to be very solid all weekend. The 808 was solid all weekend. We recieved numerous complements on how good the car looked and were able to help other Xray owners that were there. That is a humblig feeling when people are coming to us for help.

Cade also was TQ in Open Truggy but some more bad luck hit us in the main so we weren't able to finish. The XT8 was solid up to that point too.

I would to thank Xray and RC America for supporting us and giving us the opprtunity to represent them this year. Thanks to all the Xray team drivers that give us input and help, it realiy helps. Shane, Dennis, Jeff, Denver, Phiilip and Thomas thanks. Lastly a huge thanks to Jason Branham and Roger Ayres, you guys know what you do.

Great Job son and keep working hard!

Dad
Old 06-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jonw
Congrats to 13yr old Xray/RCAmerica team driver Cade Whitenton on his solid run at Round 7 of the National RC Pro Series in Scott Lousianna this past weeknd at Finishline Raceway. Cade qualified 3rd in Open Buggy and finished 3rd after the 30 minute main. We had a little bad luck in our first qualifier with clutch issues, so our remaining 3 qualifiers were very important. Some back luck hit us in the main with a front left tire coming unglued while leading and breaking away from from the pack. Made a NASCAR style tire change and managed to to fight back to 3rd at the end of he main, finishing on the same lap as the 2nd place driver.

The crew at Finishline built a great layout and it became a challenge at the end. We made a shock change Friday during practice that proved to be very solid all weekend. The 808 was solid all weekend. We recieved numerous complements on how good the car looked and were able to help other Xray owners that were there. That is a humblig feeling when people are coming to us for help.

Cade also was TQ in Open Truggy but some more bad luck hit us in the main so we weren't able to finish. The XT8 was solid up to that point too.

I would to thank Xray and RC America for supporting us and giving us the opprtunity to represent them this year. Thanks to all the Xray team drivers that give us input and help, it realiy helps. Shane, Dennis, Jeff, Denver, Phiilip and Thomas thanks. Lastly a huge thanks to Jason Branham and Roger Ayres, you guys know what you do.

Great Job son and keep working hard!

Dad
Jon,

I got to hand it to you, you've got one awesome kid. Cade represents everything this sport is about. He pours his heart and soul into his racing and it shows when he's on the track. He's faster every time I see him run. I've got to figure out how you guys are doing it because I'm getting smoked.
I'll see you guys in Dallas, and I need to get that setup you were running this weekend. The buggy looked great and I want to try out that setup.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks bro!

Originally Posted by pickle311
Jon,

I got to hand it to you, you've got one awesome kid. Cade represents everything this sport is about. He pours his heart and soul into his racing and it shows when he's on the track. He's faster every time I see him run. I've got to figure out how you guys are doing it because I'm getting smoked.
I'll see you guys in Dallas, and I need to get that setup you were running this weekend. The buggy looked great and I want to try out that setup.
Man, thanks Shane! Yah, my dad and I work hard at it and we love to do it! Yah, definitely, I will PM or text you this afternoon the setup! It was all JB's setup except for one of Leon's shock setups! It definitely felt good and super fast and super easy to drive! Thanks for the words bro

Cade
Old 06-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jon,
Cade looked awesome this past weekend at Finishline. I also want to thank Cade and yourself for sharing some setup info with Chad. Hope to see yall again soon.
Chris
Old 06-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Chris,

No problem on the help. Wish we could have spent some more together, but you know how busy race days are. Tell Chad to keep wheelin it, you guys are hooked up with some good and helpful people. Nice to see some more young faces on the drivers stand. We had a great time and definately will be back to race there again.

Originally Posted by chrisbrown
Jon,
Cade looked awesome this past weekend at Finishline. I also want to thank Cade and yourself for sharing some setup info with Chad. Hope to see yall again soon.
Chris
Old 06-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cade and Chad are great kids. I didn't get a chance to speak with Cade but I did pay attention to the way he held himself. Great sportsmanship and a winning attitude to go with it.

I have been around Chad for a few years and he has come along way. Its a joy to watch him progress.

Its been along time since I last raced and it was a lot of fun being back out there.

See you guys soon!

Cody Fruge'
Old 06-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Good Job Cade, let me borrow your car for HARC this Saturday at Mike's lol. You need to get out to Mike's to check it out. Thing is huge now since the extension.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

I'm about to put my electronics in and I'm trying to decide what servos to use. Do I want to sacrifce speed for torque? I typically use 7955 servos for steering, but that much torque isn't needed for buggy. I'm thinking about throwing my Savox 1258 servo in for steering.
I have a Hitec 5965 that I'm going to use for throttle/brake. I know someone will ask, I'm using the hyperion Life RX battery.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.