Search

New XRAY 808

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by new to rc cars
Allright, thanks for all the help guys.

I pretty much only drive on gravel roads and wide open parks, my foams are usually junk, my tires are never glued properly, the rims have tiny tiny bends in them and im sure they aernt perfect, the tires have a few small hollow spots because the foams are junk so I dont think it would make a big difference for me...

next time I order tires Ill get something other than crimefighters... getting kind of boring and maybe theres something better for what I do. Knuckles are a nice tire, last long too

Check out those Pro-Line Badlands, its like having 4 motocross tires on ur car!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Tech Adept

""""Holeshots, ... leave those to the guys that can stay in the groove. When you're on a blue-groove track they are awesome... but get out of the groove and into the junk and you will wish for something with more tread to bite. (I just avoid these tires... I don't have the skill to put them to good use... and they die a quick death, not much tread life even in harder compounds.) """"

very well said Domit.......... i LOVE HOLESHOTS their so fast but yes if your not in that groove your not going anywhere but doing donuts....

another tire that works like a bowfighter is the new losi eclipse tire,yes it looks like a bowtie but i have been testing tires for a while now getting ready for the buggy nats and the eclipse works really good just like a bowfighter i would recomend trying them out if you havent yet ...and remember rims have quit a bit to do with how the tire works every rim is differant and responds differant i personaly choose to run the losi rim on all my tires....
Old 05-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I managed to bounce my 808 off the top of a metal wheelborrow, and didnt break anything
Old 05-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Initiate

How much weight do the aluminum suspension holders add?
Old 05-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CoryD
What parts are people breaking in the 808s? I kinda want to know what items to stock for my store.

Thanks,
Cory,
You know that Xrays don't break! I plan on testing this theory on Saturday. If I was that confident maybe I wouldn't keep on coming into the store and buying parts.
-Kane
Old 05-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My 808 managed to hit the chain link fence at the end our front straight pretty hard after a radio runaway. After cleaning the car since the weekend I can't see any damage at all.

I still don't know what spares to buy
Old 05-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

The list I've gathered from seeing damage at the track is:

- Steering ball ends (I broke the inner plastic front steering ball joint)
- Rear upper camber link (My buddy had one bend after a truggy smashed him)
- Front bulk head (During a runaway a guy at the track had his front bulkhead crack at the shock tower)

Thats it so far, this buggy is breakable but man.... it takes a major smash session to do it.
Old 05-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The car is tough. Some truggy flamed out right before my normal brake point on the striaght. I hit it full speed and although it sounded terrible nothing broke.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
Check out those Pro-Line Badlands, its like having 4 motocross tires on ur car!!!
Yeah I bought a pair once with a set of black rims, I didnt glue them properly and it was the biggest waste of 60$ ever.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I put my 808 to the test last weekend and nothing broke. One time I came off a triple jump and it cartwheeled forever and I thought it was done. The corner marshal flipped me back on the track and I kept going.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Shooky
I put my 808 to the test last weekend and nothing broke. One time I came off a triple jump and it cartwheeled forever and I thought it was done. The corner marshal flipped me back on the track and I kept going.
Ive been doing that A LOT with my mugen lately. driving it WOT in a baseball diamond and wiping it out, it did about 20 cartwheels, violent ones, and didnt break a single piece. I was very impressed especially after coming off my himoto, which breaks a part every few feet or driving
Old 05-15-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmargiotta
I like to practice with these tires and save my crimes, bows and others for race day practice and quals/mains. I know on my truggy I couldn't wear out a pair of these! I gave them to a kid at the track because I got tired of them and he still hasn't worn them out either

I am almost finished building my 808. I forgot how Xray kits just fall together (been a long time since I built and drove my T1 then T2 kit). After one night of building, all I need to do is swap electronics and install the C6
Old 05-15-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pumpkinfish
I like to practice with these tires and save my crimes, bows and others for race day practice and quals/mains. I know on my truggy I couldn't wear out a pair of these! I gave them to a kid at the track because I got tired of them and he still hasn't worn them out either

I am almost finished building my 808. I forgot how Xray kits just fall together (been a long time since I built and drove my T1 then T2 kit). After one night of building, all I need to do is swap electronics and install the C6
Hmmm, that almost makes me want to buy another set... Im def not glueing them myself though, those panther bands are good but dont work well with badlands, or at least I cant get them to work.

What kind of foams do you guys use? Im ALWAYS having trouble with them. how long do you run yours? Mine are never wet.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have a few things for people to keep an eye on. The upper Link for the front hub where it attaches to the shock tower. The screw is a bit short and mine worked loose and came out of the nylock nut. Another place that needs a longer screw is the steering rod end that goes to the tire side. Again mine worked loose and I lost the bolt and screw for it. Which ended my play for the day because I didnt have ny replacements on hand.

I didnt break anything though and I wasnt being very gentle with it either. So address these issues before a big race and you shouldnt have any problems.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

is anyone running a lipo receiver packs? if so which one?

Thanks
Jerry

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.