Wiki Posts
Search

New XRAY 808

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Then you would think that exports would pick up, since Made in the USA products are cheaper to the rest of the world. Only problem is, we hardly make anything in the US anymore.
The glasses in my kitchen cabinet are made in the USA, that's about it!
Old 08-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teammidget lilB
My guess would probly be a 8ight.....

Ya I drive an 8ight, but I didn't come in here to say mines better than yours or yours is a copy blah blah.
I think the low dollar is PART of the price hike. I do think that right now Xray knows you guys are going to pay up no matter what so he is cashing in just like the oil companys.
Thats just my take.

No matter what I drove I wouldn't be happy with a price increase across the board for kits and parts.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

I knew you were a losi driver, Being the genius that I am I used my reasoning and deduction skills!

all I can say is that after 3 gallons with my losi, It was way more sloppy than my 808. Bent drive shafts are all my fault.

and I think it's more of a fact rather than speculation about the American dollar decreasing in value. I'm suprised it took this long to go up. Most companies don't announce a price increase, they just do it, and you find out next time you go to the hobby store.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I own several businesses, and I can tell you all that ALL the prices are going up, on everything from clothes, to food, to electronics, Furniture, etc, etc. One of the main reasons for this is Fuel, and inflated shipping costs from overseas. In the last 8-12 months I have seen as high as 40% price increases on some commodities, and since I do some of my own importing, I can tell you that the stuff coming from overseas, has been drastically increased in price, and then on top of it, the shipping charges have almost doubled. If any of you thinks for a minute that Losi, Kyosho, Mugen Associated, Hobao, etc.etc are not raising their prices you are all living with blinders on. At lease Xray had the decency to announce it, and not just implement it.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Like Jaz said you guys in the US must be mad if you think only Xray will be increasing there prices .Wait till the big names on your side of the world AE / Losi start and again like Jaz said i don't think they will be kind enough to make an announcement
Remember AE / Losi cars are made overseas so they will be paying more for transport ,shipping , production etc and these costs will eventualy be passed on to you guys .

Don't forget if you are concerned with the price hike why not just buy the buggy now , there are still a few shops in the US with current stock at $579 - $599 .

Look at the new Kyosho MP9 , they are estimating it will be in the $800 mark
Old 08-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm running the Ninja (Grp based) motor with a 053 Ofna pipe. I don't run on any really big tracks. I can tell you that this combo on a Med sized track is awesome. I have the 2053 FLS Ninja pipe that I run from time to time. I know that I can use it on bigger tracks just from it's power band. For the money though the little Ofna 053 is the best bang for the buck. It really just depends on the tracks your running on. Hope this helps you out
Old 08-06-2008, 01:53 AM
Tech Addict

When you come home with one of these after a two day battle....

....the extra $35.00 you paid for the Xray, and a hand full of bearings doesn't even equate... or matter...!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarCrazy
When you come home with one of these after a two day battle....

....the extra $35.00 you paid for the Xray, and a hand full of bearings doesn't even equate... or matter...!

Great result , well done .
How did the buggy hold up over the two days ?
Old 08-06-2008, 05:20 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I own several businesses, and I can tell you all that ALL the prices are going up, on everything from clothes, to food, to electronics, Furniture, etc, etc. One of the main reasons for this is Fuel, and inflated shipping costs from overseas. In the last 8-12 months I have seen as high as 40% price increases on some commodities, and since I do some of my own importing, I can tell you that the stuff coming from overseas, has been drastically increased in price, and then on top of it, the shipping charges have almost doubled. If any of you thinks for a minute that Losi, Kyosho, Mugen Associated, Hobao, etc.etc are not raising their prices you are all living with blinders on. At lease Xray had the decency to announce it, and not just implement it.
Completely agree here. Prices are going up everywhere. If XRAY just wanted to pad their profits, wouldn't they have just charged more for future kits? Then they wouldn't have felt as much backlash because customers would be much less aware of it. Increasing prices for all of their RC cars and parts at the same time is a more reasonable response to the poor currency conversion and higher manufacturing and shipping costs.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ffactory666
Don't forget if you are concerned with the price hike why not just buy the buggy now , there are still a few shops in the US with current stock at $579 - $599 .
Yeah if you are looking for an XRAY 808 and find it for sale at these costs, buy it right then. US XRAY dealers should change their prices immediately for 2 reasons.
  1. The XRAY 808 is under MAP pricing which means all US dealers have to sell it at the price RC America dictates ($630).
  2. If a US dealer has lots of XRAY kits on backorder, those kits will be charged the new price to the dealer. This happened to us. We have pre-ordered 808 kits for customers and now we're eating the $30 increase (not the customer).

Grab any XRAY 808 you find for less than $630 in the US.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:45 AM
XRC
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Is anyone running the Ninja.21 with the Jammin JP-3 pipe? This is the combo I'm leaning towards for my 808. I like the full range powerband of the JP-3 pipe, and I have heard nothing but good things about the Ninja .21. Any comments?
Definetly run the JP-3 if that is the new OS version Ninja. You'll get better fuel consumption and smoother power bands. Buddy of mine that's an exceptional driver is running the new Ninja with a JP-3 based upon a pro's recommendation. He gets crazy milage and the engine is wicked smooth with tons of power.
If it's the older GRP version Ninja, the other gentleman eluded to the 086 which I beleive is correct...I never ran either.
The EB Mods Trinity ExTech is a pretty sweet little power plant as well. I only have roughly a gallon through mine and I can tell you it makes some crazy power and is so smooth and linear. At 200* I'm getting about 9:30min out of it still running a little rich with the Trinity pipe and extension.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default BEARINGS

just took my front diff out after 2 gallons...no bearing issues on the driveshaft bearings. my question is, i read a few posts back that one used
10w30 oil to lube the bearings? i assembled it with the xray grease , and my other cars i 've used BEL-RAY weatherproof grease that's for ATV or moto bearing grease...if the 10w30 is the hot ticket, i'll use that
Old 08-06-2008, 06:33 AM
XRC
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRAV15#?%!
just took my front diff out after 2 gallons...no bearing issues on the driveshaft bearings. my question is, i read a few posts back that one used
10w30 oil to lube the bearings? i assembled it with the xray grease , and my other cars i 've used BEL-RAY weatherproof grease that's for ATV or moto bearing grease...if the 10w30 is the hot ticket, i'll use that
Thinking of trying the 10w30 myself. I pulled the seals and used engine assembly grease and reinstalled the seals...I have had no issues either.
Bel-ray was a good idea too, that stuffs great.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default ninja

depends what ninja you have. if you have the new jx ninja then the trinity. but if you have the old good mr ninja then adam belvis our modifer and dyno guy says the best pipe for the mr ninja is the msr 1006 pipe.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

I'm the one who posted the 10 W 30 oil in your bearings. I find a light oiling attracts less dirt and dibris, which is what really wears out bearings. Thick grease can create dirt globs, which can stop a bearing in it's tracks.

Also, if you use simple green to degrease your car, make sure none of it gets in your bearings, that creates a bad situation inside your bearings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.