Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

It would be nice to see some pics of the mod on the truggy tower to move the shocks in on the tower?.?.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morgoth
Donrod, if you drill extra holes in the truggy shocktower and use the buggy shocktower as a template, can't you just use the buggy shocktower? Or what is difference exactly? It looks like the hole is in the same position than with the buggy shocktower (compared to wingmount)

Just use the buggy tower to get how far you need to lay the shocks in you will have to put a straight edge on your truggy tower and line up the new holes with the pre dirlled ones because the hole you marked with the buggy tower will be lower in height. All your doing is extending the current line holes in wards toward the wing brace you will still have the shock extension of the truggy tower your just changing the angle. Hope this make sense.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Perfect........... Thanks!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tower mod

well did the mod that donnie came up with and and ran it just like he said and the stability in the corners both on and off power is soooo much better 4 hours running it both ways on my practice track and i love the way it handles thank donnie for the info and all the great testing that you and dylan do for us that drive the muuuugen buggy thanks Lee L&S Desert Rc Hobbies
Old 01-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default practice track

here is a short video of my practice track in backyard thanks Lee http://s754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/dewaltracin/
Old 01-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Lee, I didn't come up with the mod just modified it, the track looks great. Donnie
Old 01-03-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob
do you have any idea what air filter would work? obviously the stock mugen one is too fat/tall. like i said, in terms of fit almost NO modding is required, i took a stock clear eco body and just dropped i onto my engineless MBX6R car and it was like they were made for each other, the splash guard of the tank evn follows the curve of t front window in the body perfectly...it is just a question of getting a filter in there
RC8 air filter is perfect and low profile.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dewaltracin
here is a short video of my practice track in backyard thanks Lee http://s754.photobucket.com/albums/xx181/dewaltracin/
Looks great! It's huge for a backyard track!
Do you have a video while someone is driving on it?
Old 01-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by donrod
Thanks Lee, I didn't come up with the mod just modified it, the track looks great. Donnie
Hi Donnie,

Thanks!
Old 01-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty
if you're a cheap ass like me, and have a mugen truggy tower laying around, all you need is a drill bit. drill a 3mm hole in the vertical web in the center. the little alignment pin on the body mount nestles in the top of the triangular cut out.
a broke college student, like me, is an even greater cheap ass.

I use velcro on the body and the mud guards where the provisions are.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Huddy Setup Station

I read the X-Ray setup article someone posted link to back afterward pages and I was wondering how many people use this setup station. Seems like an excellent tool, but maybe you really need to know your stuff to take advantage of it. Do people use all or parts of the system. I have Losi ride height gauge and camber tool. From what I read droop blocks and ride height buddy gauge may be of value to good base line. Could some provide input on what setup tools are most beneficial for novice driver.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:31 AM
dia
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mayhem04
Sideshow Bob thats the AE Gt2 Rec box. What you have to do is cut the front of you mugen batt and rec box out. Be sure to cut the whole front part off. you will need the two screw mounts on the bottom to mount to the chass to support the box and back half of the servo tray. once you cut out the front part of the tray you will need to do some work on the backside so that its flat so you can apoxy it the the gt rec box. make sure to rough up both sides so the apoxy makes good bond. if you have any more questions please feel free to pm or post question. Ill take the box off when i get home today and take pics of just the rec box so you can get a better look at it and see what im talking about and what part you need to keep off the stock mugen box.
Mayhem, do you have any updates/pics on this.
They would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Diamantis
Old 01-04-2012, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speedsterp
I read the X-Ray setup article someone posted link to back afterward pages and I was wondering how many people use this setup station. Seems like an excellent tool, but maybe you really need to know your stuff to take advantage of it. Do people use all or parts of the system. I have Losi ride height gauge and camber tool. From what I read droop blocks and ride height buddy gauge may be of value to good base line. Could some provide input on what setup tools are most beneficial for novice driver.
I use it to check set my toe and camber before a race. Or when I'm on a race and changed my linkages.
Toe is very important for me and I the Hudy setup station is the easiest way to measure it.

But they are a bit cheaper in Europe than they are in the US. I bought my buggy setup station from a friend who did quit 1/8th scale and had just bought it. And I got a great discount on my touringcar station because helped the local shop owner with some computer troubles
Old 01-04-2012, 03:06 AM
am
Tech Master

I bought one and sold it after i used it a few times. Never gor any consitancy. If i adjusted evrything, took the setup station of, mounted it again, the settings changed even if i had not touched a screw.

I agree that toe in/out is very important omn the MBX6 line of cars, but i perfer to messure the steering links betwen the ball ends and adjust it from there. F. eks i ahve x mm in betwen ballinks, i adjust 0.5 longer or shorter on both sides. And write down this messurments on my setupsheets. Sam i so with rear camberlink and front camber. I stopped using a camberguage also.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You can use the King Headz MBX6T Rear Chassis Brace for the buggy's rear right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.