Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

all pm's replied to. what's up allen. how is you indoor setup?? will be at leisure hours in the next couple of weeks for indoor nitro. when will you be there? did you get the rear end to settle down? i got mine close but still a little loose out of a corner. give me a pm or email your set up. i would like to see where im at compaired to yours. jeremy whiting.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all, Thinking about buying the MBX-6, as I raced the MBX-5 prospec a few years ago and loved it. Can any one tell me how the MBX-6 jumps & lands compared to an RC8, LOSI 8 or XRAY 808. Does it clear the big jumps like the the cars listed? I know the MBX-6 will be good in the bumps, as I still think the MBX-5 is still one of if not the best car out there in the bumpy bits. I know every one is saying how it has more corner speed and is lighter 'Faster'. But how is its jumping characteristics compered to the others?

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Our body will be available soon.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)

Originally Posted by mark-rc
Hi all, Thinking about buying the MBX-6, as I raced the MBX-5 prospec a few years ago and loved it. Can any one tell me how the MBX-6 jumps & lands compared to an RC8, LOSI 8 or XRAY 808. Does it clear the big jumps like the the cars listed? I know the MBX-6 will be good in the bumps, as I still think the MBX-5 is still one of if not the best car out there in the bumpy bits. I know every one is saying how it has more corner speed and is lighter 'Faster'. But how is its jumping characteristics compered to the others?

Thanks.
I also had an MBX-5 Prospec, switched to an 8ight, then an MBX-5r prior to getting the MBX-6. I felt very comfortable with the 5r and thought the x-6 couldn't be all that much better. I was definitely pleased to discover that the new Mugen is better in every respect. The best part of it's jumping IMO is that not only does it jump well, but if you overshoot a jump and land on the flat, the suspension soaks it up and doesn't get squirly. Turn in is incredible! I found it to be very sensitive and decreased my toe out to make it a little more tame. The only complaints I've heard from some is that the rear end can be a little difficult to keep up with. I went with Scott Hughes setup from the worlds and no such problem exists. It's not really all that much different than stock, but it makes the car feel great!
Old 10-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks for the response on diff flluid. I'm going with 5-5-2 because my track can get loose at times. My 5R liked 7-7-2.

I'm going to boil most of the plastic suspension parts same as I did my 5R. Hard to believe but I never broke an arm on my 5.

The quality of the parts is unbelievable and everything is going together easily.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned, is anyone else notching their pins for the driveshafts? Probably doesn't need it but I did mine, a little extra insurance to keep from losing them.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

ive ran scott's setup on a smooth track and yes it is very good. but here in the midwest the tracks are very bumpy and loose. so keeping the rear in a strighte line is what im trying to get a feel for. x6 jumps very well. like jaylude22 stated it is a very good jumping car. corrects quickly and self marshalls its self very good also. jeremy
Old 10-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thank for the replies, But I would also like to hear from people who have come over from an RC8, Losi 8, 808 and say what they feel are better on the MBX-6 or not as good,

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

I still have my RC8 & a year ago I sold my Losi 8. I feel the MBX6 handles better than both of them.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RBMike
I still have my RC8 & a year ago I sold my Losi 8. I feel the MBX6 handles better than both of them.
Without a doubt! Sold my losi 8ight to fund the MBX6 and wont look back.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

do you guys know where i can down load a blank set up sheet for the 6?
Old 10-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

i still have my 8ight n wanted to try something new n picked up an mbx6. on the mbx6 steerin is alot smoother, feels light footed on the track (which is good for me cus i light my cars to b nimble), more steerin on turn-in, n seems to accel faster out of corners than my 8ight. im hangin on to my 8ight n gona try to update it to the 2.0 n will go from there as to which one im gona keep.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kromie101
do you guys know where i can down load a blank set up sheet for the 6?
Go to www.mugenracing.com , select the link to the MBX6. On the top of the page you will find a link to a blank setup sheet as well as a spreadsheet for the setups that the team drivers used at the world's.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AndyMoore
Our body will be available soon.
I have seen that the body is ready to buy on the site but there aren't any pics of the body, I can't buy what I can't see or for now you send me the gost of the body and then te real body

sorrry I'm only joke for fun , seriously when you put the pics I have to buy other body/ies and if I like JC mbx6 body I buy it instead of the original one

Thanks
Old 10-24-2008, 03:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Anyone have a step by step, best way to remove the rear diff?
Old 10-24-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Put the hinge pins in backwards and dremel down a hex key so you can get to the hinge pin heads then remove the nuts from the hinge pins, undo the sway bar from where they attach to the rear lower arms, remove the rear 2 counter sunk screws under the chassis, remove the 2 screws that hold the rear toe plate on, then remove the 2 screws that hold the back of the gear box on and it should come out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.