Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pl_unc86
Are you talking about the screw that tightens the carb? The one directly under it that when loosened alows you to move the carb? Sorry just wanted to make sure im thinking of the same thing.

I really dont want to think anything is wrong with tank , not to worry lol...i just want to figure out what the issue is as i am about as lost as possible. Thanks for the tips.
I had a bad airleak one time. It was the screw in the carb intake boss. the chase stoped at that screw. How is your tune when it's running? If it was a air leak it would be a bitch to tune. Maybe your two rich? Glow plug bad?
Old 08-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Davidka
The screw I am referring to is under the tank lid, in the center. It allows you to loosen or tighten the seal of the tank lid. On mine, the tank lid was really tight, I had to loosen the seal a little because the tank wouldn't close all the way every time.
Ok gotcha.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well i want to say that my car seems to hold its tune pretty well.

Sooo, what do you guys think would cause the car to dump the fuel back in the tank when it flips over? Like seriously as soon as it flips over it shoots the fuel back into the tank and will run for like 2 seconds after its flipped back over before its cuts off.

Just saying that, what could be causing this etc.

Could the tank lid thing actually cause this since the car is running fine until it flips?
Old 08-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Well i want to say that my car seems to hold its tune pretty well.

Sooo, what do you guys think would cause the car to dump the fuel back in the tank when it flips over? Like seriously as soon as it flips over it shoots the fuel back into the tank and will run for like 2 seconds after its flipped back over before its cuts off.

Just saying that, what could be causing this etc.

Could the tank lid thing actually cause this since the car is running fine until it flips?
well if the car flips, the weight of the fuel and maybe more is sitting on the lid istead of the tank bottom. So i guess it makes alot of sense to check the lid.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Addict

yeah i will check on the lid, but just trying to ask all the questions i can to figure out this problem. Sorry for being so annoying lol
Old 08-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I'm not getting how fuel is dumping back into the tank, are you saying that the fuel is going backwards from the carb? If so, could be a lid problem. I guess something could be causing you to lose tank pressure when the fuel hits the lid (upside-down) but the car would rev momentarily if this was the case because it would go lean when feed pressure was lost. If everything is working right, the engine will eventually starve of fuel when it's upside down (fuel pickup is at the bottom/rear), your situation almost sounds like it's drowning out. If you have an extra fuel filter around, try taking the guts out and putting it in line on your pressure line. This is something guys have had good luck with if they're having problems with their engines flooding out right after pit stops.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

I'm not getting how fuel is dumping back into the tank, are you saying that the fuel is going backwards from the carb? If so, could be a lid problem. I guess something could be causing you to lose tank pressure when the fuel hits the lid (upside-down) but the car would rev momentarily if this was the case because it would go lean when feed pressure was lost. If everything is working right, the engine will eventually starve of fuel when it's upside down (fuel pickup is at the bottom/rear), your situation almost sounds like it's drowning out. If you have an extra fuel filter around, try taking the guts out and putting it in line on your pressure line. This is something guys have had good luck with if they're having problems with their engines flooding out right after pit stops.
what would the extra filter do? take away some of the presure?
Old 08-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Addict

Yes fuel will go backwards from the carb when flipped over, when i try and get going again once flipped back over it will cut off after about 2 seconds and then it takes a long time to start it back up because it takes forever to get fuel back to the carb. I havent had issues with pit stops or just driving, only when it flips. Basicly if i dont get flipped back over within 1-2 seonds, its over.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
what would the extra filter do? take away some of the presure?
It adds extra volume to the pressure line, like running the line really long. The theory is that when the tank is filled to the top, when the lid closes and the driver applies the throttle, the pressure spike that occurs floods the engine. This is likely partially caused by a rick bottom/lean top tune that's pretty common. I've had an engine or two that would only make good power this way but didn't idle well.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Yes fuel will go backwards from the carb when flipped over, when i try and get going again once flipped back over it will cut off after about 2 seconds and then it takes a long time to start it back up because it takes forever to get fuel back to the carb. I havent had issues with pit stops or just driving, only when it flips. Basicly if i dont get flipped back over within 1-2 seonds, its over.
Can you post a picture of your buggy? Mainly how you have the fuel line routed. I skimmed through your posts and if you have already replaced the tank and the problem is still there then obviously its something else. It is kind of hard to understand your problem but I feel your pain as I went through something very similar when I had AE car. I kept thinking it was the fuel tank and ended up being my motor.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

Old 08-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I think your pressure line is short eh, what do you think guys?
Old 08-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Well your fuel line routing looks fine. Unfortunately you are just going to have to play process of elimination. I would first take out the tank and pressure check it. I would next check all fuel lines and fuel filter for any clogs or ruptures. Next I would inspect your engine completely, checking for any leaks, torn orings, any screw that may have been loose, etc. I would seal the motor up to while you are putting it back together. Once you have all of these things checked and cleared put in a new plug and retune. It has to be something simple, there is only so much it could be. My problem ended up being a small piece of fuel tubing stuck in the high speed needle. Good luck.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by doubletap
I think your pressure line is short eh, what do you think guys?
Possibly, but thats about all I run and have not had any issues yet.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Addict

yeah i guess i will just have to go from there lol ...the pressure line was longer today but i went back to how the manual showed it since nothing seemed to change.

Thanks for the input guys, like i said its just weird that the fuel seems to dump back into the tank when its flipped....maybei i should just learn how to drive rigth side up 100% of the time and i would be good to go lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.