Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If it had a bigger reciever lid i would get it. Once i put a small foam strip under my reciever, it is almost impossible to close. And if i do, i have to press on it pretty hard and the servo conectors are getting mashed hard into the reciever they have zero clearance. So i pretty much have to ride with no vibration barrier for my reciever.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by yoshgixxer
LOL! loosin stuff sucks... over all i dont know if you guys ever drove a losi but what could you say are the major handeling characteristics of the mugen compared to the 8ight?

i thought it felt less twitchy but seemed to needed to be driven smoother thne the losi car...i only drove my buddys mugen for about a tank but i really liked it..plus its a pretty bad ass ride
Most of my rc buddies drive Losi's ,I find that the mugen has way more corner speed (more stable),its better in the bumps( rough tracks ) My mugen is still has tight fit everywere after 8+ gallons of racing ,can't beat Japanise bearings .I find the losi to have a slopy loose fit right out of the box. losi is a a good car but ,I'll take a mugen hands down
Old 06-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
If it had a bigger reciever lid i would get it. Once i put a small foam strip under my reciever, it is almost impossible to close. And if i do, i have to press on it pretty hard and the servo conectors are getting mashed hard into the reciever they have zero clearance. So i pretty much have to ride with no vibration barrier for my reciever.
With double foam tape, you can fit the Rx in perfectly. Just route your wires neatly. Also make sure to neatly route the wires through the grommet. Don't cut the grommet, pass all the wires through it neatly and everything should fit without jamming it in. I have 4 cables routed through the grommet, two 3 wire and 2 two wire cables.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

LOL! loosin stuff sucks... over all i dont know if you guys ever drove a losi but what could you say are the major handeling characteristics of the mugen compared to the 8ight?

i thought it felt less twitchy but seemed to needed to be driven smoother thne the losi car...i only drove my buddys mugen for about a tank but i really liked it..plus its a pretty bad ass ride
I began nitro with an MBX5 and got a Losi 8 after that. I really liked the way the 8 drove and it was really easy to be fast with but I felt like I was always tightening something back on the car after runs. I never had any real problems with the 8ight but missed the Mugen so now I have a MBX6. I've only run it a little and I can already tell it's going to be a great car once I get the setup dialed (I'm going to go out on a limb and say that each and every Mugen owner in the world except for one or two I know is running too stiff a suspension on this car) and Mugen's materials are among the best available, the cars wear very well, Losi not as well but still pretty decent.

I really like the MBX6 so far but I have never been as fast since I let the 8ight go (ran another car last season) but I'm confident that I'll get there and maybe farther with the MBX6.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
With double foam tape, you can fit the Rx in perfectly. Just route your wires neatly. Also make sure to neatly route the wires through the grommet. Don't cut the grommet, pass all the wires through it neatly and everything should fit without jamming it in. I have 4 cables routed through the grommet, two 3 wire and 2 two wire cables.
Im using a voltage regulator in the box and found it rather cramped, what i did was to bundle the servo and transponder wires outside of the box rather than inside the box to leave more room, and then wrapped the wires outside the box to keep them clean and bundled nicely.
Old 06-07-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Anyone running the Nova Plus 4 in there buggy ? And if so with what pipe, manifold, and clutch combo? Also what plug you run?
Thanks.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default o rings

just checking u guys who using the orings over fuel line. how do u use them, i tried i the fuel insert and the tube just pushes it away
Old 06-07-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muaythai
just checking u guys who using the orings over fuel line. how do u use them, i tried i the fuel insert and the tube just pushes it away
Put the o-ring on 1st and roll it up the line a inch or so then put the line on the carb or pipe or whatever and then just roll the o-ring back down over the fitting, works good I just started doing it this week-end
Old 06-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Tech Addict

Default o rings

Originally Posted by OfnaJoe
Put the o-ring on 1st and roll it up the line a inch or so then put the line on the carb or pipe or whatever and then just roll the o-ring back down over the fitting, works good I just started doing it this week-end
joe, any chance u posting a picture. thanks a million dude
Old 06-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Default This help?

Old 06-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

Default o rings

Originally Posted by OfnaJoe
i seee..............
Old 06-07-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (98%+)

thanks for the input guys i really think im going to go ahead and get one...seems like a really nice car...especially if it holds up better then the losi...i never broke anything on my new 8ight 2.0 but you can tell its not as tight as it was when it was new 4 races ago

Another thing i hate is im moving up in the field finishing very well if not winning this year and every one keeps saying its the car i drive and not the way i drive it (which dosnt make sense to me cuz theres always a full heat of losi's anyways)...so ill buy a mugen so it will be me and maybe 2 other mugens VS. twenty or so 8ights!!
Old 06-07-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Addict

Default o rings

i seee..............
joe, by the way, how the hell u force the o rings over the fuel line... goodness its tight like a duck's arse
Old 06-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

thanks for the input guys i really think im going to go ahead and get one...seems like a really nice car...especially if it holds up better then the losi...i never broke anything on my new 8ight 2.0 but you can tell its not as tight as it was when it was new 4 races ago

Another thing i hate is im moving up in the field finishing very well if not winning this year and every one keeps saying its the car i drive and not the way i drive it (which dosnt make sense to me cuz theres always a full heat of losi's anyways)...so ill buy a mugen so it will be me and maybe 2 other mugens VS. twenty or so 8ights!!
man it the same way here 3 mugens 40 losi haha
Old 06-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Master

joe, by the way, how the hell u force the o rings over the fuel line... goodness its tight like a duck's arse
You could put the o-ring over the end of needle nose pliers and open the pliers to spread the o-ring, then put it over the fuel line.

I ain't going to ask how tight you know a duck's arse is

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.