Mugen MBX6

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

I run little to no rebound....
Old 02-12-2012, 03:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DLF
Yes, the setup sheet tells you what toe and anti-squat to run. The instructions then attempt to tell you what inserts and what orientation to install them to give you different settings. The problem is that the instructions don't tell you which letter to use for each setting.
Originally Posted by JoeGuam
You just have to match up the recess cuts. Turn the inserts either upright or inverted depending where you want the recess to be located for a particular setting.

Thats the one, put the cuts outs in the same place as the diagram and all is good
Old 02-12-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 2012 AUSTRALIAN BUGGY NATIONALS CHASSIS GRAPH

Well i thought i better share this with the Mugen MBX6 comunity

This is a graph showing chassis that are been run at the Australian Buggy Nationals which is on in just short of a months time

Can you say... MUGEN??

Old 02-12-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

http://ligue.ligue13.com/phpBB3/view...art=210#p34290
Old 02-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tripple
Ok so I'm going try buggy this year and am looking at the 6r. I have raced the 6t and with a little work it was awesome. How dose the buggy drive compared to the truggy
Now with the r being 5mm longer then the 6 and people saying there having a hard time keeping the rear end under the car would
It better to just get the 6 and put the bce chassis on it. I no the r is lighter but the gearing is way of and people are putting a bigger spur gear on the $ 600 roller to make its gear ratio more user friendly. So is it quicker out of the corners over the 6 even thow you have to change the gear ratio.can you drive it hard or will it wash out because of the longer chassis. I mugen and think this will be the way I go but with r or 6
Is it quicker?gear ratio is off
Is it harder to drive on power?longer chassis
Is the r better out of the ?
Lighter drive train to make it quicker but the gear ratio is wrong?so is it quicker
Longer chassis to make it more stable? But likes to loop out?so is it more stable
More steering because of the new radio tray? But some say the shocks are to soft?
Don't get me wrong I love mugen but would like to no from people that have run both what dose the r have over the 6 out of the box on the track
Thanks
Buy the R, put the 48T spur on(gear changes are a normal part of any form of racing) and go have fun. Remember, for every person that complains about a product, there are hundreds that don't complain. People usually don't post when they're happy, just when they're needing help or trying to sell a product.
My 2 cents
Old 02-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow, after an hour of racing, the margin of victory was 6 seconds. Must have been fun to watch!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Default Thanks

Sound good I loved there truck and there car looks awesome.
Thanks
Jamie
Old 02-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Default Wow

Yes that had to be something
Is there any video on this race
Old 02-12-2012, 12:31 PM
JJY
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ok so I'm going try buggy this year and am looking at the 6r. I have raced the 6t and with a little work it was awesome. How dose the buggy drive compared to the truggy
Now with the r being 5mm longer then the 6 and people saying there having a hard time keeping the rear end under the car would
It better to just get the 6 and put the bce chassis on it. I no the r is lighter but the gearing is way of and people are putting a bigger spur gear on the $ 600 roller to make its gear ratio more user friendly. So is it quicker out of the corners over the 6 even thow you have to change the gear ratio.can you drive it hard or will it wash out because of the longer chassis. I mugen and think this will be the way I go but with r or 6
Is it quicker?gear ratio is off
Is it harder to drive on power?longer chassis
Is the r better out of the ?
Lighter drive train to make it quicker but the gear ratio is wrong?so is it quicker
Longer chassis to make it more stable? But likes to loop out?so is it more stable
More steering because of the new radio tray? But some say the shocks are to soft?
Don't get me wrong I love mugen but would like to no from people that have run both what dose the r have over the 6 out of the box on the track
Thanks
Another vote for the 6R... the gearing is a track/engine dependent thing. I came from the 6 to the 6R and started out with the 46 spur on the R but went to the 44 as it fit my engines power and track better. Alot of people used to run a 14 tooth bell on the original 6 and the 13/44 spur is less of a jump in gearing than running a 14/46 combo. My opinions from the 6 to 6R... yes the R is looser in the rearend but not in an undrivable kinda way. In my opinion it is an advantage over the old 6 as it makes it so much faster thru the turns. The R is way more settled on landing than the original 6 was. We just raced yesterday in freezing temps on a very dusty/dry track with not much traction and the R handled the less than favorable traction just fine. My lap times with the R in these less than favorable conditions were right in line with my lap times with the old 6 on a lot better track coditions.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Default Thanks

Dose r come with tires? And we're is the best price for one of these
Thanks and what would I need in
Parts there are mugen parts to be had around here lhs or tracks I race at do not have parts. I raced the mbx6t last year and that truggy was awesome
MBX6R looks to be my buggy for the up coming season
With maybe a fusion 7? This will be my first year racing buggy I ran a Hb d8 for the first time at mid west nitro race in ohio and said no more truggy time to rock a buggy
Jamie
Old 02-12-2012, 01:53 PM
JJY
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Dose r come with tires? And we're is the best price for one of these
Thanks and what would I need in
Parts there are mugen parts to be had around here lhs or tracks I race at do not have parts. I raced the mbx6t last year and that truggy was awesome
MBX6R looks to be my buggy for the up coming season
With maybe a fusion 7? This will be my first year racing buggy I ran a Hb d8 for the first time at mid west nitro race in ohio and said no more truggy time to rock a buggy
Jamie
As far as parts, front arms are about the only thing I have broken on my mbx6 in close to 2 years of every other weekend of racing.

http://www.racemugen.com/catalog/ for all your mugen needs. Paul is a good guy with good prices... give him a shot.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

Default Mbx6r

I think some were in this thread? Some one said the kit comes with tires?
Old 02-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 274 (100%+)

Almost done with the build...just waiting on some odds and ends. And Chad over at Fastlane for my wraps....MAN IS SPRING HERE YET
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MBX6-img_20120212_163453-1-.jpg  
Old 02-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob
guys, does anyone here run a "dead" shock setup...ie 0% rebound..like in when you build them you press them all the way in...and cap them. i was wondering if rebound might be less of an issue with the new progressive springs? also, we asked our local mugen 'alien' over here and he says he runs his shocks dead....and that made me wonder since i always thought that 50% or whatever is a good compromise? thanks in advance
How does changing the rebound effect the handling?

Thanks
Old 02-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Default Tires???

Dose the kit come with tires????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.