Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight building and setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Wright
So what is the best li poly reg for my 8ight ? I am running the Losi li polys? and are you guys using one switch? I have seen a couple of guys 2 switches one switch for the reg and one for the batteries that looks like a drag.

Jim
I'm not going to claim it's the 'best', but I've run the Novak regulator for over a year now and it's worked fine. I like the switch Novak puts on it too. I don't think you can crash hard enough to get that switch to move on it's own.

I have no reason not to recommend it.

Mine is tucked into the receiver compartment along with the receiver. I'm not sure I'd put it there unless running a 2.4GHz receiver, as the regulator could cause interference on the 75 or 27 mHz frequencies if it was really close like that.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Here's another. I've been using Protek 6.5v 5amp in my buggy and Muchmore 6.5 7amp in the truggy. I prefer the Protek because it is smaller than the Muchmore. I had to do some cramming to get the Muchmore to fit. On the truggy I moved the PT to the battery box and moved my on/off switch to a piece of lexan hung off the side of the electronics tray. This opened up the RX box a lot.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vones
1 Q's when you build the shocks do you make them to hve any rebound? If yes, how much 1/2 to 3/4?
Sorry for the late response, I usually have 1/3 rebound back.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lanerbrainer205
Hey everybody do yall think it would be possible for me to get my 8ight's chassis Linex'ed (spray on truck bed liner) and if so how long should it last? I have a REALLY local place here in Dalton, GA and I think I am gonna call up there today to ask their opinion... and price!
I understand trying to protect your chassis, but why coat the underside of your nice shinny beautiful aluminum chassis with a layer of lin-ex or Rhino-lining? That's like some one trying to protect the side of their new house by slapping molten Tar all over it. Plus it would almost double the weight of the chassis.

I have an easy solution for this, but I just haven't gotten off my A$$ to do something about it. I can take my chassis to work and vacuume form a lexan cover over the bottom of it. I can even make it to attach by the side chassis guard mounting holes.

Best thing, is you could cover up the hole under the spur gear and prevent little rocks from jamming into your spur, and potentially chunking out some teeth on your clutch bell. Oh yeah, you could even paint it to match your paint scheme.

I think I'll finally get off my A$$ and try it instead of just talking about it!
Old 10-09-2007, 10:30 AM

Please do! I would love to have one!!!! PM me when you get a few made please.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Wow make me one too and some spares. How much????
Old 10-09-2007, 11:56 AM
Tech Addict

Arrow

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
I understand trying to protect your chassis, but why coat the underside of your nice shinny beautiful aluminum chassis with a layer of lin-ex or Rhino-lining? That's like some one trying to protect the side of their new house by slapping molten Tar all over it. Plus it would almost double the weight of the chassis.

I have an easy solution for this, but I just haven't gotten off my A$$ to do something about it. I can take my chassis to work and vacuume form a lexan cover over the bottom of it. I can even make it to attach by the side chassis guard mounting holes.

Best thing, is you could cover up the hole under the spur gear and prevent little rocks from jamming into your spur, and potentially chunking out some teeth on your clutch bell. Oh yeah, you could even paint it to match your paint scheme.

I think I'll finally get off my A$$ and try it instead of just talking about it!
If you do make one successfully, count me in as well.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Oh ya , I want one too!
Old 10-09-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

Any one try these yet? Looks like the ticket for the 8T. The steering link seems to pop off fairly easy.

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...prodID=7718959
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight building and setup-5260-200.jpg  
Old 10-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default lexan undertrays.

I'll see what I can do to get some made. Does anyone know where I can attain some Brand Name Lexan? I've tried the knock off stuff and haven't had much luck because it bubbles up yoo much. I have had sucess with a plastic called PETG. but it's not as flexable as lexan.

I'll do some prototyping here in the next week or so!
Old 10-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

You can get lexan at www.mcmastercarr.com and many screws, body clips etc.

As for the Crc steering ends, I just use the ones that are for the inside with a 5-40 flat head.

Rex
Old 10-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian Miskolczi
Sensitive.

Ive been running the front camber link in the lower hole and it has worked out very well. Anyone who hasn't tryed it should try it out.

ANyone have a setup for there 8ight on a super high bite clay track?

My favorite is Front=54/40--silver spring--Middle on tower, inside on arm, inside hole on tower for camber link, short ackerman plate

Rear=56/25 or 22.5---black springs---Middle on tower, inside on arm, inside hole on hub, outside hole on tower, hubs all the way back.

Diffs=3-5-1 or 4-7-2
Old 10-10-2007, 04:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Just picked up an 8ight, plan on running a M8 radio, and wanted to know what Airtronics servo's you guys recommend for this buggy? Trying to build up something that a month later I won't feel like I should have spent a little more on something better.

I am thinking 94758Z High Speed Digitals, but is there something that would be better suited for this application?

94758Z High Speed Digital
Torque: 115 oz-in
Speed: .06 sec/60° (torque and speed measured at 6V)

TIA.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Wink You might not want to do that......

Absolutely stay away from the Airtronics servos. They are very sub par to what you can get else where. If anyone debates this then I post some great pictures. Run the Futaba, Ace, KO or JR high end digital servos with coreless motors and you will be much more bullet proof.

The Futaba BLS 9451 brushless servos are proving to be the ticket right now for both steering and throttle for the 8ight buggy.
Futaba S9451 coreless for throttle.
Futaba S9351 coreless for steering.

These are the best servos we have used at the shop and we sell them all. No where near the problems we have encountered elsewhere.

I run an M11 with Spectum and they run great outing after outing.
TEX
Old 10-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

Hi I am new to this thread and I have a question.
I know its been asked a few times but this thread has so mush posts I dont know where to look.
I am gone buy me a 8T race roller fore the 2008 season. I want to know wat the basic Hop Ups wil be to make it Bullit Proof and race ready.
I was thinking of the KHZ long motor mount.
Some CVD condoms.
Anything else?

thanks Hellsavage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.